Need Loop Info for first timer w/kids

ktorrez

Earning My Ears
Hi,

We are going in mid-January in a regular camping site w/full hookups. Our kids are 5,5,9. We are not going to the parks everyday (maybe 2 or 3) and on the days we will hang around FW, we would like to be close to a park - hopefully so the kids can run back and forth and be safe, and we do some relaxing watching them. Is there a loop that is close by a park that is not extremely busy at this time of yr. ?

Also we plan to bring our own bikes, is this allowed? Do they have places to lock them up, say if we use them to catch a bus, etc.? or do we just plan on walking to catch transportation?

FW is a special memory for me as a child and I want to pass it on to my kids. Can't wait!

Thanks for the info.

Karen:)

We stayed at the 800 loop in April and really liked it. We either walked or took our bikes to the pool which has a playground right next to it. We would definately stay there again.

We also stay in loop 800.. Its close to the Meadow Trading Post, the Pool, Chip & Dales movies.. and a comfort station that is close to all sites in 800.. Just got home from 2 weeks there...

I would suggest loop 1300. It has a playground and is very close to the Meadow area, with no roads to cross to get to either of these areas. I would strongly suggust bringing the bikes. FW is the perfect place for them and there are bike racks at the major locations, marina/trading post/pool.

Thanks for the helpful advice. I am a bit concered about Loop 800 b/c they would be crossing a road. If u were to choose between 1200, 1300 or 1400, which would you recommend taking into consideration crowds, noise and traffic, fumes, etc.?

I don't know for sure, but I would not think the pools would be used very heavily in January.

Thanks,
Karen

Loop 1200 and 1300 (a semi-connected loop) is nice and there is a playground right at the front. You can also walk the sidewalk to the Meadows area and the pool. And hey, the pools are heated so if you have a nice sunny day you may be up for a dip.

We prefer the 900 loop with children. It is a small loop off the main road. The kids can ride bikes around the loop without being worried about traffic. You are also within walking distance to the Meadows Trading Post, pool complex and campfire program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter