Need some creative ideas for anniversary

HeatherT

Earning My Ears
We'll be at WDW for our 5 yr anniversary in October and I'd like to surprise dh with something special. I was originally going to renew our vows with help from Jane at Gifts of a Lifetime, but although the price is reasonable, I think it's more than I can really spend at this time. Does anyone have any ideas, i.e. scavanger hunts, gifts, etc? I should probably mention we'll be there with my parents and our then 19mo old twins. We'll be staying at AKL in a savannah room. I have ressies for the rehitching ceremony, but I was hoping to do something a little more romantic/personal/creative. Any ideas would be appreciated;)

Thanks,
Heather :earsgirl: :earsboy:

Hi! You could always rent the yacht or a pontoon boat, and take a cruise during the MK fireworks. We did this after our wedding reception, and it was absolutely the best thing we could have done. Simply incredible!
Cheers!
Heather W

hi, you could always do the "re-hitching ceromony" at the garden grill. We did this last year for our 9yr anniversary. It was hysterical. I made a ps for the ice cream social there and asked about the ceromony, it wasn't a problem. The characters gather around, you have to kiss to 100 (it goes by 10's after the first ten) and you get a cute certificate saying you have been rehitched. If you have problems getting info about it, just call the garden grill directly, it's probably easier. My dd loved it and boy was dh surprised. Also, if you do it during the ice cream social, there aren't as many people around so you get more character interaction.:D maggie

For something special on your own (and having 2 little ones) I would suggest an evening at Pleasure Island. Even if you aren't (or were never) club types, the comedy club and Adventurer's Club are a great time. On our last visit for an evening away from DD 2 & DD 3wks(!) DH and I went to Narcoosees and had a leisurely meal and a bottle of wine, then went for a walk on the beach and watched the Water Pagent. If you are looking for something to have to "take home" you might contact WDW Photographic Services and have a "honeymoon" photo shoot done in one of the parks. The Fireworks cruise (either Illuminations or MK) suggested above is a lot of fun too. We did one for our first anniversary and had a cake made to enjoy while we were waiting.

How about a carriage ride? We have booked a carriage ride for the last night of our trip. We have a PS at Whispering Canyon Cafe for 5:50pm. From there we will take a ferry boat over to FW and take our carriage ride. We should be done and back at the marina for a ferry boat ride back to WL area just in time to see the Electric Water Parade at 9:45pm. This is the night we are going to attempt to celebrate our anniversary. Mickey

Fort Wilderness Resort
Horse Drawn Carriage Rides

Tours Nightly
From 6:00 to 10:00 PM
Take a romantic ride in a cozy carriage or
a scenic family ride at Disney's wonderful
Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

Carriages depart from Crockett's Tavern
at Pioneer Hall. Call 407-824-2832 up to
60 days in advance for a reservation.

Cost is $30.00 for a 30 minute ride
Cash or Resort Room Charge Cards Accepted Only

They have a carriage for 2 adults and 2 kids or 4 adults and 2 kids.

We are going for our 10th wedding Anniversary in Nov. How do we call the garden grille directly to do the rehitching ceremony? Does CRO have the number? Also, how much does it cost and I'd love to hear more ideas to surprise my DH on our special trip!

I think you just call the garden grill. We did it during our icecream social. there was no extra charge and since there weren't a lot of people you get a lot more character attention. It's really a lot of fun. maggie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter