Need Suggestions for California Adventure Dining

Barefoot On A Plane

Mickey Mousin' for Mari
Suggestions for California Adventure Dining needed. Family of 5, prefer table service, nothing too fancy or "fine dining"

Thank you.

You can wear whatever you wore to the parks at any restaurants in DL/DCA. The only one at DCA I might consider "fine dining" would be Carthay Circle, although I guess Wine Country Trattoria has a little bit of that fine dining vibe. But they serve a lot of Italian food. Our favorite table service at DCA is probably Lamplight Lounge.

Although not technically table service, we also like Flo's V8. You order at the counter, but there's plenty of seating inside and on the patio. We love eating on the patio for the view of RSR.

Storyteller's Cafe inside the Grand Californian isn't right in DCA, but you can get there from DCA; the entrance is near Grizzly River Run. They have table service and good food. The GCH looks fancy but again, park attire is fine. Storytellers more casual than Napa Rose at GCH, which has a more fine dining feel.

Last edited:
We love Lamplight Lounge and Wine Country Trattoria within DCA for table dining. Carthay Circle is great as well, but is a little more "fancy" - but since it is in the parks, you can wear shorts and a t-shirt without any issue! Just outside of DCA, Storytellers Cafe in the Grand California Hotel is also great. Pym Test Kitchen and Flo's V8 Cafe are a lot of fun, but neither is table service.

There really aren't many table service options at DCA. I think they have all been named: Carthay Circle, Wine Country Trattoria, and Lamplight Lounge. I think Lamplight has the best reputation, though I hear Carthay Circle is nice (I think it is the most expensive though). I have actually never been to any of them and prefer quick service at DCA. My favorites are Pacific Wharf Cafe (now Aunt Cass Cafe) and Award Weiners, but neither will be winning any awards for ambiance. Flo's is kind of cool and fun, but not table service.

Lamplight Lounge for Table serve

I like Flows Cafe in Carsland, sit outside and watch the cars go by near the ride
Pym Test Kitchen is also good
San Fransokyo Square is busy but has a few places you can grab food from and meet up after at a table (the land is nice but really nice at night with all the lights)

I will go against the grain. Carthay is our favorite, but so expensive!! We used to love lamplight, but stopped going after 3 bad experiences. We always have a nice meal at wine country trattoria too. Have a fun trip!

I will go against the grain. Carthay is our favorite, but so expensive!! We used to love lamplight, but stopped going after 3 bad experiences. We always have a nice meal at wine country trattoria too. Have a fun trip!

I agree with you! Carthay is our favourite, WCT is a close second, and none of us enjoyed LLL food.

Suggestions for California Adventure Dining needed. Family of 5, prefer table service, nothing too fancy or "fine dining"

Thank you.
You might look at Paradise Garden Grill & Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta. There is plenty of seating and we find that area relaxing compared to Flo's or San Fransokyo.

I never do TS at DCA because they're all overpriced without any wow factor. For a sit down, we always do Flo's V8 and sit outside to watch the Racers go by. And I always get a Clam Chowder bread bowl from Pacific Wharf (or whatever it's called today).

For what it's worth, my best meal the last time I was in DCA was at Wine Country Trattoria - with Carthay Circle being a close second. At Lamplight Lounge, we have really enjoyed grabbing brunch on the pier in the morning even more than lunch/dinner.

I really enjoyed our dinner meal from Flo's and we sat at a table out back to watch RSR. There was hardly anyone there, it was really quiet, well except for the zoom of the cars going past but we loved that. We also enjoyed out meal from Pym's Test Kitchen and there was good seating there. I think our favourite was at Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta. We're not keen on "fancy" food so their straight forward menu really suited us (loved the Spaghetti) and the ambiance there was great. There was plenty of seating and it was a lot quieter and less busy than anywhere else.

One more option to consider is just through the DCA gate to Grand Californian. We love to dine at the Craftsman Bar (the outdoor part--they do reservations and walk-ups). There is also a Craftsman Grill, which is indoor and quick serve, so not that one. We like the Bar as it's near the pool and the menu is quite good. It has a California Casual vibe and serves drinks as well as food.

*Tip: my sister and I were able to order parmesan-crusted grilled cheese off the kids menu. It came with a nice side of fresh fruit and I believe it was $8. We spent more on our drinks 8-)

Just looked and the parm-crusted grilled cheese is now $10 but it does include the fruit or fries and a drink. I think it was less for us because I have a MK but I do think it may have gone up a bit since we were there.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/grand-californian-hotel/craftsman-bar/

Last edited:
One more option to consider is just through the DCA gate to Grand Californian. We love to dine at the Craftsman Bar (the outdoor part--they do reservations and walk-ups). There is also a Craftsman Grill, which is indoor and quick serve, so not that one. We like the Bar as it's near the pool and the menu is quite good. It has a California Casual vibe and serves drinks as well as food.

*Tip: my sister and I were able to order parmesan-crusted grilled cheese off the kids menu. It came with a nice side of fresh fruit and I believe it was $8. We spent more on our drinks 8-)

Just looked and the parm-crusted grilled cheese is now $10 but it does include the fruit or fries and a drink. I think it was less for us because I have a MK but I do think it may have gone up a bit since we were there.

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/grand-californian-hotel/craftsman-bar/
Its funny isn't it, my daughter and I ate here on our last trip and it was our least enjoyable meal food wise. It also didn't help that we had a drunk, really loud hens party seated next to us. Really spoilt our lunch completely. We might give it another go this time round but I think there are other places I would rather try.

Its funny isn't it, my daughter and I ate here on our last trip and it was our least enjoyable meal food wise. It also didn't help that we had a drunk, really loud hens party seated next to us. Really spoilt our lunch completely. We might give it another go this time round but I think there are other places I would rather try.
I don't blame you!! Honestly, though, I'm a picky eater and not a big fan of most of the stuff at DL. For me, their grilled cheese and fresh fruit was a nice surprise. It was good sourdough and quality cheese, though not exactly health food ha ha.

Every other time I've been there we've gotten the artisan pizza, which I liked.

I don't blame you!! Honestly, though, I'm a picky eater and not a big fan of most of the stuff at DL. For me, their grilled cheese and fresh fruit was a nice surprise. It was good sourdough and quality cheese, though not exactly health food ha ha.

Every other time I've been there we've gotten the artisan pizza, which I liked.
Yes the menu does sound good. We went with the nachos which my daughter always loves and which other people rave about but we found the cheese, which they were smothered in, tasted like plastic. Perhaps we'll give it another go and try something different. Gotta say the desserts look good.

Yes the menu does sound good. We went with the nachos which my daughter always loves and which other people rave about but we found the cheese, which they were smothered in, tasted like plastic. Perhaps we'll give it another go and try something different. Gotta say the desserts look good.
If you go back, you can ask for just shredded cheese and no cheese sauce.

If you go back, you can ask for just shredded cheese and no cheese sauce.
Oh thanks for that I didn't know you could do that. Yes its the cheese sauce we don't like, shredded cheese is great. Great tip, thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter