Need Suggestions for California Adventure Dining

The Craftsman Grill is the only place where we encounter loud drunks at the two parks. I don’t know what it is about that place, or if it’s just the luck of the draw for us, but every time we eat there there’s some loud obnoxious drunk/drunks either there or at the pool. We like the food there, but will be skipping it next time because of running into those types every time.
:crazy2: Oh, I don't blame you!! I would HATE that. Maybe it's the time of day? I'm usually there fairly early (11 AM- 3 PM). I've never encountered that issue, but I'm surprised they have allowed that kind of behavior.

If I had that experience, I would be very wary of going back as well. We generally stay at GCH so it's one of our go-to spots. If I see anything like that, I'll be sure to let management know.

The Craftsman Grill is the only place where we encounter loud drunks at the two parks. I don’t know what it is about that place, or if it’s just the luck of the draw for us, but every time we eat there there’s some loud obnoxious drunk/drunks either there or at the pool. We like the food there, but will be skipping it next time because of running into those types every time.
Its such a shame isn't it because it is a great spot with so much potential. The problem is its not overly big so you can't get away from a bad group, even if they are a few tables away it just seems so loud. Maybe its because it is outside and people decide they can be extra noisy and not use their inside voices. They really can spoil the experience though.

We stopped going to craftsman grill, because of the live music. Love live music, nothing against it, but can’t stand yelling to talk while eating. We have been to a number of places that have live music that isn’t super loud and it’s fantastic and enjoyable (one I particularly remember is monkey pod near Aulani). I have lost most of my hearing in one ear and it’s really hard for me to hear and understand others in a loud environment. I wish there were more tables on the far side of the bar, furthest away from the live music for our family because we do enjoy eating there. I guess we could go to lunch? But we normally only eat table service for dinner.

We stopped going to craftsman grill, because of the live music.
Wow, I would hate that! I don't exactly have hearing issues but I can't concentrate on what someone is saying if there is distracting noise around me, especially music. And I REALLY dislike loud live music (and that would be most live bands) while I'm eating. A quiet jazz group or nice mood music is ok, but otherwise nope. There's a really cute British pub near me with a lovely outdoor patio area, but they sometimes have live music and it's just too much for me in a smallish space like that.

I really wanna like Carthay but I feel like they try too hard and always leave diaspoineted in the food for one reason or another...Don't know if Sutton is the still the executive chef but it really is one of his biggest blunders IMO.

Like Lamplight...good casual option.

Wine County always seems to be a choice of last resort when we can't get in elsewhere but we always leave suprisingly happy with the food...I just feel like I am eating in a cafeteria packed in.

Another vote for Craftsman Grill but have not experienced the music as noted above.

Stroyteller's in the GCH is really also one of our faves and although pricey alway happy with the food.

Napa Rose is one of our go to stops but for sure a bit more on the fancy side.

In park, table service, my ranking goes like this:
  1. Lamplight Lounge (get the pork chop and thank me later, difficult to reserve)
  2. Carthay Circle - Alfresco (completely different menu from Carthay, more casual)
  3. Carthay Circle (value-to-price is a bit unfavorable)
  4. Magic Key Terrace (sometimes has decent options, need AP)
  5. Wine Country Trattoria (fine, just not my personal favorite)
In addition, there are many quick serve options throughout the park, and restaurants at the Grand Californian.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter