• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need to add onto the trip - hotel recommendations

kittyklawz

Mouseketeer
We need to add 3 nights to our trip and candy cane inn is just too expensive. Was thinking of doing cambria since they have the slides & it seems pretty fun for the kids. On get away today it says it includes free parking, does anyone know if that’s true? Also considering just going super budget and doing something like kings inn or Cortana inn. Thoughts?

We’ve stayed in Cambria twice and it is a pretty nice hotel, just a few years old. The swimming area is definitely a lot of fun for all ages, plus they have a movie screen and have a nightly Disney movie you can watch while hanging in the pool and a restaurant/bar with an outdoor walk up window where you can order movie snacks.

If they do have free parking, thatd be a recent change. We paid around $25 per night each of the last 2 years if I remember correctly. I know for sure we did the first year as they only had valet available and you had to use valet to get your car parked. Last year valet was gone so you parked yourself, but you had to get a card for the parking garage. It’s possible if you can get lucky enough to find a surface level parking spot, you can park free.

We’ve stayed in Cambria twice and it is a pretty nice hotel, just a few years old. The swimming area is definitely a lot of fun for all ages, plus they have a movie screen and have a nightly Disney movie you can watch while hanging in the pool and a restaurant/bar with an outdoor walk up window where you can order movie snacks.

If they do have free parking, thatd be a recent change. We paid around $25 per night each of the last 2 years if I remember correctly. I know for sure we did the first year as they only had valet available and you had to use valet to get your car parked. Last year valet was gone so you parked yourself, but you had to get a card for the parking garage. It’s possible if you can get lucky enough to find a surface level parking spot, you can park free.
Sorry, I meant if booking through getawaytoday it says the deal comes with free parking and I was just checking if that was still included because if it saves me ~$90 I’ll book through them.

Sorry, I meant if booking through getawaytoday it says the deal comes with free parking and I was just checking if that was still included because if it saves me ~$90 I’ll book through them.
I’m sorry I missed that. That would be a great deal, but I’m not sure, hopefully someone does!

Free parking at Cambria would be a fantastic deal! Do check because I’m pretty sure we got charged a parking and a resort fee.

We loved our stay at Cambria. The room size was fantastic and loved the bathroom with two showers as well. (We had the suite with 2 queens in one room and the living and kitchen in another room. It was nice and quiet too. Breakfast was awesome but could be pretty chaotic some days. Really crowded and long lines. We skipped the waffles because of the line. But the line for the hot items moved really fast because they had employees serve you a plate. We never had an issue finding a table though! With two teen boys we saved quite a bit on buying breakfast.

There’s an ART stop right by the hotel, but we just walked to Toy Story and used the free shuttles most of the time.

I also really loved that there’s a bunch of food options in the strip mall that Cambria shares a parking lot with. Including a Starbucks! We have eaten at the Habit and Jersey Mikes. Both were great and you can order ahead online and then go pick up your food. ☺️

Have a fun trip!

Free parking at Cambria would be a fantastic deal! Do check because I’m pretty sure we got charged a parking and a resort fee.

We loved our stay at Cambria. The room size was fantastic and loved the bathroom with two showers as well. (We had the suite with 2 queens in one room and the living and kitchen in another room. It was nice and quiet too. Breakfast was awesome but could be pretty chaotic some days. Really crowded and long lines. We skipped the waffles because of the line. But the line for the hot items moved really fast because they had employees serve you a plate. We never had an issue finding a table though! With two teen boys we saved quite a bit on buying breakfast.

There’s an ART stop right by the hotel, but we just walked to Toy Story and used the free shuttles most of the time.

I also really loved that there’s a bunch of food options in the strip mall that Cambria shares a parking lot with. Including a Starbucks! We have eaten at the Habit and Jersey Mikes. Both were great and you can order ahead online and then go pick up your food. ☺️

Have a fun trip!
Agree with all this about the Cambria, but would add one complaint - extremely inadequate clothing storage options. I shared a family suite with another adult and two kids (not even a big group) and had to stash clothes in the kitchen cabinets, nightstands, etc.

We enjoyed our stay but decided it was just too far a walk when there are equally good hotels closer.

I decided to call candy cane and see if they would honor my original rate if I extended my stay and they did! So will be staying there the whole time instead of switching hotels halfway through.
Awesome!! Switching hotels is such a pain. Have a fun trip!

I am so happy that CCI worked with you. I had an occasion to call them to work out our quick trip the end of September. I had previously made reservations for April 2024 with a 50% off compensatory coupon. When I talked to Nick he honored April 2024 at the same rate I had originally booked it minus the 50%. I am staying in September for 50% off. I added December and Nick was willing to give me the lower rate as well.

I hope you have a good time. You have put a lot of work into this trip.

Awesome!! Switching hotels is such a pain. Have a fun trip!

I am so happy that CCI worked with you. I had an occasion to call them to work out our quick trip the end of September. I had previously made reservations for April 2024 with a 50% off compensatory coupon. When I talked to Nick he honored April 2024 at the same rate I had originally booked it minus the 50%. I am staying in September for 50% off. I added December and Nick was willing to give me the lower rate as well.

I hope you have a good time. You have put a lot of work into this trip.
it is still a bit more than my husband wanted to spend but I reminded him it’s still cheaper than if we stayed at the Disneyland hotel 🤣 and it will be much less stressful since we won’t have to check out and into another hotel.

Have a fun trip!

About how long did it take you to walk to the Toy Story lot? We are going with friends and that is a hotel that is a possibility of the walk isn't too bad.

About how long did it take you to walk to the Toy Story lot? We are going with friends and that is a hotel that is a possibility of the walk isn't too bad.
It took about 9 minutes. We tried walking to Disneyland one day as well, and after that we just walked to Toy Story. It saved our feet!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter