Needing some ADR help... can't decide! Princesses and Ohana!

Mrs. Charming

I'm not your entertainment, get a life.
There are two nights that we need help with. THe first is the first night we arrive, it's a Tuesday. It's mid/late October, so there's MNSSHP that night, and the MK is closing early. So, I have an ADR for 1900 PF at 6:45. I was happy with that, until it dawned on me that since I added on park hoppers (after booking) we can go see Illuminations! So.. that got me thinking, should we go eat in Epcot instead? Immediately I thought-- Princesses in Norway! There are two openings.. 6:45 and 7:55. I thought the 7:55 might cut it a little too close to see Illuminations, and I don't want a disappointed hubby. What do do... 1900 PF, which we've been to and liked, or Akershus, which we've never done for dinner, only breakfast? My mom isn't big on buffets, but buffets are better for a spirited toddler.

The second problem is on our Thursday, there's a MNSSHP, which DH, DD, and I have tickets for. (Ok, she's 2, but you kwim) Mom won't go to this, she doesnt like Halloween. (I have a feeling she may cave and buy a ticket, but she's scared of the price.) SO, before we bought the MNSSHP tickets, we booked Ohana, I think we got like, 8:55. Not ideal, but its Ohana. Well.. in May, we had crap (to be nice) service, but we liked the food. Mom still holds it over our heads that they forgot the vegetables on our wedding trip, so she's anti-Ohana, but she gave up that fight. DH said stick to my guns and keep it. **BUT** I started thinking, why can't we do a dinner right before MNSSHP in the MK, and mom will just return to Pop or hit the nearby Outlets! We've never done LTT before, the menu is a tad on the "meat and potatoes" side, but it doesn't sound bad. I guess I'm just a little dismayed by the less than stellar reviews of Ohana lately, and that we didn't have the best experience ever. The food was good, so I can't argue with that. LTT I'm afraid sounds like a TV dinner, and well, the sign that says "Sponsored by Stouffers" scares me a little! :lmao:

SO... you deserve an award for reading all that, and hopefully someone can help me decide. :worship:

Thank you!

On your first night, it would probably be easier to see Illuminations if you get the 6:45 PSB.

If you were at 1900 at 6:45, you would still need to eat--1hr-1 1/2 hrs, then take the monorail to TTC, get in the car, or on the EP mono, get inside EP and make it to the WS.

It would be questionable that you would get a good spot at this point.

As for your MNSSHP night, I personally would cancel Ohana. I wouldn't pay that much for tickets, then waste most of the night traveling to Poly and eating. That seems like a waste of $$ to me!

There are two nights that we need help with. THe first is the first night we arrive, it's a Tuesday. It's mid/late October, so there's MNSSHP that night, and the MK is closing early. So, I have an ADR for 1900 PF at 6:45. I was happy with that, until it dawned on me that since I added on park hoppers (after booking) we can go see Illuminations! So.. that got me thinking, should we go eat in Epcot instead? Immediately I thought-- Princesses in Norway! There are two openings.. 6:45 and 7:55. I thought the 7:55 might cut it a little too close to see Illuminations, and I don't want a disappointed hubby. What do do... 1900 PF, which we've been to and liked, or Akershus, which we've never done for dinner, only breakfast? My mom isn't big on buffets, but buffets are better for a spirited toddler.

The second problem is on our Thursday, there's a MNSSHP, which DH, DD, and I have tickets for. (Ok, she's 2, but you kwim) Mom won't go to this, she doesnt like Halloween. (I have a feeling she may cave and buy a ticket, but she's scared of the price.) SO, before we bought the MNSSHP tickets, we booked Ohana, I think we got like, 8:55. Not ideal, but its Ohana. Well.. in May, we had crap (to be nice) service, but we liked the food. Mom still holds it over our heads that they forgot the vegetables on our wedding trip, so she's anti-Ohana, but she gave up that fight. DH said stick to my guns and keep it. **BUT** I started thinking, why can't we do a dinner right before MNSSHP in the MK, and mom will just return to Pop or hit the nearby Outlets! We've never done LTT before, the menu is a tad on the "meat and potatoes" side, but it doesn't sound bad. I guess I'm just a little dismayed by the less than stellar reviews of Ohana lately, and that we didn't have the best experience ever. The food was good, so I can't argue with that. LTT I'm afraid sounds like a TV dinner, and well, the sign that says "Sponsored by Stouffers" scares me a little! :lmao:

SO... you deserve an award for reading all that, and hopefully someone can help me decide. :worship:

Thank you!

Ok, let me try to help.:goodvibes We've done 1900 PF dinner many times and Akershus as well. My 3 girls overwhelmingly preferred 1900 PF. They liked the food much better and the characters were some of their favorites in all of Disney. Akershus does have the princesses which of course was nice but they weren't too keen on the food. Did you check out the menu at allears.net? Then you can see what Akershus dinner is like.

As far as LTT versus Ohana...I'd choose Ohana any day over LTT. We weren't too thrilled about LTT, it was like a turkey dinner type meal. It wasn't horrible but I think the food at Ohana is much more delicious. Also, I don't know if this matters to you but LTT doesn't serve alcohol whereas Ohana does. We didn't know that last time. Maybe your Mom will warm up to the idea of Ohana if you remind her that the food was so good. LTT food is only ok for dinner if you ask me. That's my 2 cents worth! Hope it helps. :goodvibes

For me, this is not a hard decision.

To be frank, dinner at Alkershus was gross, 1900 blew it away (the coq au vin was delish). The characters are more fun at 1900 to boot!

I would also skip Ohana on the party night, you will loose way too much party time. We have enjoyed LTT, just don't expect fine dining, it is basically Thanksgiving food it is not the best, but not horrible, the desserts however are great! Give it a try!

My family likes both 1900PF and Akershus. However, on my arrival night I try to keep things as simple as possible. As long as you are getting to see Illuminations later in your trip, I would keep 1900 PF an depending on when you get done, you might be able to catch the Halloween fireworks. They can be seen at the GF boat dock or even from the little patio area by the GF cafe exit, although the boat dock would be a better location I believe. I know you have tickets to the party later in the week, but since those fireworks are rather unique and only come certain times a year, it might be nice to see those more than once.

As for the party night. Although I love love love Ohana and do it every trip. I am not sure I could see myself leaving a party I paid that much extra for, about two hours after it started and going to a 1-2 hour dinner. If you were planning on leaving the party at that time and staying gone anyways, I would definitely keep Ohana. Otherwise, I would choose LTT or even Tony's. Tony's gets a lot of mixed reviews, but we have always loved it. I liked it better than lunch at LTT anyway.

Definitely cancel 'Ohana. Who wants to leave the party that you paid so much for just for dinner. Try LTT or just do CS.

As for 1900 Park Fare or Akershus, it's a toss-up. Which do you think your daughter would like. 1900 Park Fare dinner has the Stepmother, etc which might not be as fun for a 2 year old. Akershus dinner is a little different so check out the menu. Which does she like mroe all princesses or just Cinderella & Crew? How late is your daughter's bedtime? Maybe you should just do 1900 Park Fare and not push her on your first day which you had been travelling. She might be tired and not make Illuminations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter