Needle Disposal in Resorts

tinkerbellmamma

Mouseketeer
Curious for those who have had to take an injection while staying at a resort. Does all/any of the Disney resorts have a disposal container? This is my first time travelling with an injection pen and I have no idea what to do with it after my injection! (We are staying at the Grand Floridian villas if anyone has specific experience there)

I find taking a needle clipper works really great for travel where there might be difficulty finding a readily available sharps container. I actually find it easier to use at home than a sharps container. But yes, housekeeping will bring one to the room!

I was told long ago to use a soda bottle if I was away from my sharps container. I put the cover back on my pen needle and drop it into the soda bottle. At the end of my stay it goes into the trash.

I remember being so disappointed the first time I requested a sharps container at a Disney resort and it was just a plain one like the one I had at home. I was at least expecting it to have mouse ears!
It's probably because they use an outside company to pick them up and supply them and it's way easier to use something generic in that case then something custom made.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter