Neighbor Gone Wild With Mower

DebºoºS

DIS Veteran
I tried to delete this whole message. What I said in a nutshell is my neighbor keeps mowing my lawn and it'
s driving me nuts rant rant rant..........................

Your neighbor keeps mowing YOUR lawn?? Time to put up a border garden!!

(P.S. I've found I'm unable to delete messages too. Strange.)

I saw your message Deb, but I couldn't respond at the time. I'm sorry about that.

I don't understand, what is wrong with the guy??? :(

You've spoken with him, right? Does he have an explanation for his rude behaviour?

I'm sorry this is going on, I know it would drive me crazy!!!

Your entire lawn? Or the side yard that connects you, etc? Have you talked with him? Unless your grass is tall and awful, I would definitely tell him to stop.:D

Thanks buds for your kind thoughts. I was so stressed out yesterday about this idiot. He has been told not to mow our property. We even put up a string along the inside of the line in the back. Yesterday I watched as he lifted it up and mowed under it. I don't understand him. The garden gets blasted with grass in the back, the front gets blasted with grass in the driveway and all my planters. I've been planting borders, bushes and trees well inside the line to give him the hint.
I spent $2,000 on bushes over the weekend and am in the process of planting them 3'-4' inside the line. So far some of the wholes are in and others are out there in pots. He mowed around them yesterday. He drives up my driveway because he has belgium block blocking access to his little strip of grass along his driveway. He could cut with a weed wacker. Never asked to do this or told me why he's doing it. I don't know what to do. He does it every Wed. Next week I'll be prepared with a game plan. Turf war! Spade duel at dawn! Mower chase! He won't know what hit him.

I would try talking to him first but if you're not comfortable with that, start turning on a sprinkler system about the time he's going to mow maybe he'll get the hint?

I like the sprinkler idea! Run the house across the grass, can't mow over the hose!

Maybe it is time for one of those little fences that are nice on the border of beds. Maybe he would then get the hint!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by DebºoºS
.......... He could cut with a weed wacker. Never asked to do this or told me why he's doing it. I don't know what to do. He does it every Wed. Next week I'll be prepared with a game plan. Turf war! Spade duel at dawn! Mower chase! He won't know what hit him.
YOU GO GIRL!!!! I say, forget talking - used that sprinkler, put out mousetraps, park your cars all out in the driveway -- all's fair in lawn rights. Let him have it- both barrels!!!

Tell him if he mows it, he has to bag it. No ifs, ands or buts.

He obviously LIKES to mow. If you can find a compromise (like he uses a mower that bags.....preferably YOURS), you'll get free cuts.

Heck, I'd offer him an iced tea every Wednesday after he finishes the job....

Why do I think it may not be quite that simple though.....:rolleyes:

Great ideas,SLOL!!
DH talked to him very politely just last week.

Earlier this spring his wife got the front wheels to their tractor stuck in the mud while mowing 25' into our backyard. She kept sping the wheels driving it into the ground. Mud and ruts everywhere. It took several people to get her out of it. DH patched it up and seeded it. They never apologized or mentioned it.

I tried leaving a hose out last year and he moved it. This year we inadvertantly left a steel bar on the ground next to one of the holes we were digging. After he hit it with his tractor he picked it up and placed it accross the hole!? Duh, he never thought that maybe it was our property and that's why we were planting there?

He does like riding around on his tractor. Maybe I should tell him to do the whole thing. Then I could sit back on my porch with my ice tea and direct him till he gets it right.
Na, I think I'll turn the water on him next Wed.:p

You can always get a survey done to clearly mark the boundaries. They made us get one when we refinanced.

We have a survey and the stakes are clearly marked and we've pointed them out to him. He knows now that his sprinklers are on our property. We were surprised that he had them installed without checking a survey which I know he had done when he moved in. I don't care about his sprinklers, it's done. I'm just tired of him mowing and messing up my plantings. The Rose Of Sharon we're putting in will keep him off the back (I hope). In the front I'll have to put up with him I guess. I have 4 Rose Of Sharon left I can use up front out of the original 20. Better get digging!

OK, it is wednesday, so did the neighbor mow your lawn today Deb??? Looking for an update :)
Thanks!

I didn't want to say anything because I think I'm sounding like a real whiner and mean spirited.

Since you asked I'll tell.

Yes, he did:( I thought I was so clever by parking my car at the end of the driveway blocking access to the front sideyard. It worked until I had to go out about noon at which time he moved in and cut. He cut the back too, weaving around all of my newly planted bushes. Well into our property front and back.

I just got 7 yards of mulch delivered and I'm going to mulch right up to the line. Maybe that'll keep him out.

Thanks for asking

Thanks for the update! I was hoping you would win this week, but I guess not. Too bad this guy doesn't find an elderly neighbor who would truly appreciate his desire to play with his toys. Hopefully the mulch will work. (You will let us know, right?)

Thanks Deb!

This is such a strange story! Sorry to bump it up, but it's so bizarre. :)

My neighbor constantly mows his own lawn, down to about an inch, but he never does ours. It would save us some money if he did, LOL! DH is allergic to grass & he breaks out when he mows so we have a service.

My neighbor has an excuse though, he's older & is ill. Mowing & yard work are one of the few things he remembers from earlier in life. Or from the present, I suppose. It must be comforting to him. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter