Nelson and Jenn's wonderful journey...

Jenn,

I'm glad that we were able to help you! :yay:

Know that we're here whenever you need us. :grouphug:

Does that only apply to Jenn or can I use you too? I have a bathroom that needs scrubbing....

Jen, :grouphug: to you on your decision. I'm glad we were able to help you out a bit. Most times it really does just take a little bit of discussion with people who've "been there". (and of course I'm sure there's absolutely no way you could have come to any sane decision without the goat picture!! :thumbsup2 :lmao: )

I missed this thread somehow -- I'm gonna blame it on the meds for my stupid little carpal tunnel thing. HUGS TO YOU, JEN!!! You're gonna be a GREAT mom no matter which way you do it.

Howdy new folks!

Does that only apply to Jenn or can I use you too? I have a bathroom that needs scrubbing....

Of course it applies to you, too!::yes::

We'll send Louie and Wally right over to get on the scrubbing thing . . . :thumbsup2

As soon as you put some clothes on!:scared:

We'll send Louie and Wally right over to get on the scrubbing thing . . . :thumbsup2

I'm not getting on my knees!

I just want to thank you all for your thoughts, prayers, and wonderful comments. :grouphug:

I really appreciate everyone's stories, they made me realize that I am not alone. This, like so many other things, has a way of making you feel like you are the only one going through it.

I gave everything everybody said alot of thought. I even considered adopting newly realized brothers Mike and Wally. :rotfl2: There were alot of pros and cons to that plan, however the kicker was that they each come with husbands and I do not need any additional husbands. ;) :rotfl:

So, I have come up with this so far...

For now, I am sticking with my no-IVF stance. I, of course, retain the right to change my mind. :cutie: I simply cannot see "wasting" the $500 for a non-guarantee and I looked at some pictures of children waiting to be adopted and I know I have to try that if the IUI's don't work.

I want to thank you all again! You came through in a big way when I needed you! :worship:

:flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3: :flower3:

I kind of feel like whether you carry a child in your womb or your heart, you still carry them. Best of luck and love to your soon to be growing family!

I guess the bathroom can stay dirty for a little while longer....

Anyone wanna update? :confused3

I had to speak with the Nurse Coordinator on Monday to let her know that my cycle had begun. They needed to coordinate some bloodwork and other tests based on certain days.

So I talk to her on Monday and she says that they would normally start me on the meds on day 3 (today) but my insurance wants to know the results of my day 3 bloodwork before they go ahead and approve the course of treatment. So now, I have to wait until my next cycle, which without help could be as long as 6 months away....

Don't these people realize I am not getting any younger?

Anyway, I asked for and received a script to make my cycle be only 28 days this time instead of the usual 6 months. So hopefully next month we will get this thing rolling.

Nelson was not happy though... the nurse said that b/c I intend to use this medication to bring on a new cycle we cannot try to get pg on our own this month... hehehehehe... another excuse I can use... sorry honey, not tonight, the nurse said.... ;)

Oh! And I had to have a glucose tolerance test today... That stuff is horribler than horrible... UGH! and I have a nasty headache from not eating that will NOT go away..... :headache:

Anyone wanna update? :confused3

I had to speak with the Nurse Coordinator on Monday to let her know that my cycle had begun. They needed to coordinate some bloodwork and other tests based on certain days.

So I talk to her on Monday and she says that they would normally start me on the meds on day 3 (today) but my insurance wants to know the results of my day 3 bloodwork before they go ahead and approve the course of treatment. So now, I have to wait until my next cycle, which without help could be as long as 6 months away....

Don't these people realize I am not getting any younger?

Anyway, I asked for and received a script to make my cycle be only 28 days this time instead of the usual 6 months. So hopefully next month we will get this thing rolling.

Nelson was not happy though... the nurse said that b/c I intend to use this medication to bring on a new cycle we cannot try to get pg on our own this month... hehehehehe... another excuse I can use... sorry honey, not tonight, the nurse said.... ;)

Oh! And I had to have a glucose tolerance test today... That stuff is horribler than horrible... UGH! and I have a nasty headache from not eating that will NOT go away..... :headache:

so you decided to go with ivf?

Best of luck Jenn--I am sure we will all be looking for an update in about 28 days. Sorry your insurance company is being difficult:hug:

In my very limited experience with this (one family member) the insurance companies are very aware of age and the fact that timing is everything. If they consistently delay and demand additional testing they are very aware that they interfere with the medical end of the processes. They delayed our family member long enough to have her husband age into the "not allowed" category.

Not a pretty thing.

I hope that you are far more successful in working through your insurance company.

Sending good wishes!

I think this is one of the IUI attempts.

:thumbsup2 Thanks Rob! For being so helpful...

When the time comes, how good are you with diapers? :rotfl2:

Best of luck Jenn--I am sure we will all be looking for an update in about 28 days. Sorry your insurance company is being difficult:hug:

I guess I cannot really complain just yet... After all, if I choose IVF, it is covered... I am a little leary of what might be up their sleeve though... I mean, we only give them $7000 a year in premiums... why should they pay for anything?

In my very limited experience with this (one family member) the insurance companies are very aware of age and the fact that timing is everything. If they consistently delay and demand additional testing they are very aware that they interfere with the medical end of the processes. They delayed our family member long enough to have her husband age into the "not allowed" category.

Not a pretty thing.

I hope that you are far more successful in working through your insurance company.

Sending good wishes!

Age is not the biggest factor right now... I will be 29 real soon and my husband just turned 33. I just always wanted to be a young mom, so any day past 25 is old to me... ;)

:thumbsup2 Thanks Rob! For being so helpful...

When the time comes, how good are you with diapers? :rotfl2:

You're welcome!

And the diapers thing . . . not so much.

I'm more of a high-concept/ideas type where children are concerned. Actual implementation and operations are out of my realm.

Rosie is much more qualified to deal with that s. . . stuff.

I hope you're doing something to help with stress levels too.
Meditation, yoga, going to a spa, a little pampering and me time-
Stress is a big factor with all you're going thru.
chakra_meditation.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter