Nemesis Challenge:It's OK to Finish Next-To-Last, As Long As I Beat HIM/ Its Here!!!!

I don't care if I have to limp for 13.1 miles, I'm doing this thing. I'll just pop some painkillers before hand.
I think there's a specific painkiller that is safe to take before/during a long period of exercise. Maybe excedrin. I ran with that and took some half way through last time.
Team Barry members have been MIA for a while. Wonder where they went? :confused3

:wave:

:wave:

72d6cc2c356f5d77efccb95561a4b076.gif

So based on the last couple of updates, Barry is running with his own cheering section and Tim's ankles are broken. Momentum: Team Barry.

:thumbsup2

Team Barry members have been MIA for a while. Wonder where they went? :confused3
We're always lurking...always watching...

I had a good but short one yesterday but I need to to figure out what I need to wear to stay warm. Taking the suggestions here and trying them out. :thumbsup2
So far the most I've warn to keep warm has been a long sleeve compression shirt, with a dry-fit t-shirt over it. Gloves help a lot more than you'd think they would. When you're exercising, your body redirects blood to the major muscle groups - the legs, chest, etc. That means your hands don't get as much circulation, making them even colder. A nice pair of running gloves keeps you hands warm and lets the blood get to where it needs to go.*

*Totally just a guess, but the logic sounds right to me. :confused3

So this is interesting....
I was using Google Earth to map out a run for this weekend. I did 11 miles 2 weeks ago, 12 miles this past weekend....why no shoot for 13? I started plotting some paths and found that one of our favorite local restaurants, Georgie Porgie's Burger & Custard Treefort has one of their two locations....

wait for it....

13.1 miles from our house. :eek::faint:

I know, right?

So I could leave around 9:30 and meet Bambi and the kids there around noon for lunch. Not sure they'd want to eat a burger sitting next to a person that just ran 13 miles, but it's a thought.

Well, you could always get one of those camping showers and have Bambi set it up out in the parking lot for you. :rotfl2::rotfl:

I was using Google Earth to map out a run for this weekend. I did 11 miles 2 weeks ago, 12 miles this past weekend....why no shoot for 13? I started plotting some paths and found that one of our favorite local restaurants, Georgie Porgie's Burger & Custard Treefort has one of their two locations....

wait for it....

I know, right?

So I could leave around 9:30 and meet Bambi and the kids there around noon for lunch. Not sure they'd want to eat a burger sitting next to a person that just ran 13 miles, but it's a thought.

Good luck with that. When I finish running it takes me a while before I'm ready to eat anything. Of course then when I am ready it's a ravenous frenzy. :lmao:

Good job on the mileage. Do you have any step back weeks built in to rest your legs? Here is my plan that I've mapped out. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

12/1 - 7 miles (this is my step back)
12/8 - 14 miles
12/15 - 10 miles
12/22 - I'll be in Maine for a wedding :eek: so this will be some dreadful treadmill workout
12/29 - 10 miles
1/5 - 6.5 miles

wait for it....

I know, right?

I can't speak for the smell, but the meal would certainly be earned.

Good luck with that. When I finish running it takes me a while before I'm ready to eat anything. Of course then when I am ready it's a ravenous frenzy. :lmao:

Good job on the mileage. Do you have any step back weeks built in to rest your legs? Here is my plan that I've mapped out. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

12/8 - 14 miles
12/15 - 10 miles
12/22 - I'll be in Maine for a wedding :eek: so this will be some dreadful treadmill workout
12/29 - 10 miles
1/5 - 6.5 miles

12/1 Rest the ankle
12/8 13 miles
12/15 Speedwork - 14 timed 800m runs
12/22 14 miles
12/29 5 miles
1/5 Speedwork - 4x800

This is mostly off of the Galloway training on the runDisney site.

wait for it....

I know, right?

I hope Bambi brings you a change of clothes and a lot of cologne. Maybe you can ask the chef to dump some burger grease on you before you find a seat. :lmao:

I'm not sure if I'd be able to eat right after running a 1/2 marathon. I guess we'll see in January. :rotfl2:

Well, you could always get one of those camping showers and have Bambi set it up out in the parking lot for you. :rotfl2::rotfl:
:rotfl2::rotfl2: :rotfl2::rotfl2:

12/8 - 14 miles
12/15 - 10 miles
12/29 - 10 miles
1/5 - 6.5 miles
12/1 Rest the ankle
12/8 13 miles
12/15 Speedwork - 14 timed 800m runs
12/22 14 miles
12/29 5 miles
1/5 Speedwork - 4x800

This is mostly off of the Galloway training on the runDisney site.
I guess I should come up with a plan. I was shooting for 7 this weekend but I have a ankle I'd like to cut off. I'm still hoping I can get some kind of run in on Sunday.

::yes::

Hi Runners, I had a thought on taking pictures. Does your camera shoot video? Instead of stopping to take a picture, you could keep running and take short bursts of video. :confused3

If it were up to her, it'd be a pressure washer.

12/8 - 14 miles
12/15 - 10 miles
12/29 - 10 miles
1/5 - 6.5 miles
After a few minutes of cool down, I'm ready to pull a chair up to a buffet and go to town.

:thumbsup2
I hope Bambi brings you a change of clothes and a lot of cologne. Maybe you can ask the chef to dump some burger grease on you before you find a seat. :lmao:
Isn't burger grease an cologne the same thing?:confused3

I guess I should come up with a plan. I was shooting for 7 this weekend but I have a ankle I'd like to cut off. I'm still hoping I can get some kind of run in on Sunday.
The plan I was sort of following just kept increasing distance until the week before the race when it stepped it down. But since I'm ahead of the schedule I'll probably dial it back next week.

Hi Runners, I had a thought on taking pictures. Does your camera shoot video? Instead of stopping to take a picture, you could keep running and take short bursts of video. :confused3
You ever see the Blair Witch Project? I'm sure the cinematography would be similar to that. But that is a pretty good idea...

What is this some kind of weapon:confused3:rotfl2:
Thor's Hammer it ain't.

Seems to me that an event of this magnitude requires it's own logo. So I made one. And yes, Tim and I will be rocking blaze orange t-shirts emblazed (get it?) with this beauty on the front and "TEAM BARRY" and "TEAM TIM" on the back.

NemesisChallenge.png

What is this some kind of weapon:confused3:rotfl2:
Yes. Yes it is. It is a weapon that will defeat Barry!

Isn't burger grease an cologne the same thing?:confused3
I guess it is in Wisconsin. Although, I thought it was that nasty cheddar cheese you have there.

You ever see the Blair Witch Project? I'm sure the cinematography would be similar to that. But that is a pretty good idea...
Barry is going to be wearing the go-pro helmet while he runs.

CHDHH-001_1_lg.jpg

Seems to me that an event of this magnitude requires it's own logo. So I made one. And yes, Tim and I will be rocking blaze orange t-shirts emblazed (get it?) with this beauty on the front and "TEAM BARRY" and "TEAM TIM" on the back.

NemesisChallenge.png

Sweet shirt. We will be selling them marathon weekend for $250 each. :thumbsup2

NemesisChallenge.png

I like it. Should I assume that Barry is Perry?

Aaaaaaand....that didn't last long. Printer won't print the shirts due to copyrighted characters being on it.

Exploring other options...

Aaaaaaand....that didn't last long. Printer won't print the shirts due to copyrighted characters being on it.

Exploring other options...

You obviously just need to find a less scrupulous shirt maker. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter