Never knew this board was here...

samshane

DIS Veteran
My Dh has been deployed since early June - he is in Iraq and will be there through next summer. He is in the Navy - though he is serving with the Army right now. I can't believe it's been just about 6 months... it's been slow and fast all at once.

Though he is mainly doing office "stuff" (he's a JAG), he does travel around a bit... not sure how much, LOL... he knows I am a worrier and would never tell me.

His 2 week R&R is coming up very soon and we are taking the kids to Disney... it is supposed to be a surprise, but I suspect the older 2 are onto me - they are sure smart.

Just thought I'd introduce myself!

Hi there, I hope your deployment is going well. It's never easy. I'm sure it's different with your husband being navy and serving with the army. If I can be of any help please let me know. Been there did that, have way too many tshirts.

I completely understand about it going fast and slow at the same time. It's great that you have a vacation to count down to. It helps to have goals during your time apart. Before you know, he'll be home messing up your routine and you'll be wondering when he'll leave again;)

Don't forget to get your Christmas boxes in the mail ASAP if you already haven't. Mail can get really slow at this time of year.

Hi Sam, My DH is AF has deployed, but his deployment was not in country as he served in the aircraft scheduling area of the sandbox. It was hard on my girls and I but we did all we could to make it easier.

We had a world map on the wall and put and X on our town and his location. We then had a calendar we marked off everyday and at the end of the month we made a big heart on it.

We took a minute everyday and "talked" to him right before bed. That was big for not only the girls, but us as well. DH would say he felt them thinking/talking to him. I would send him some of what they said so the next time we talked on the phone the girls would ask "did you heard me talk to you" and he would say yes. WOW did that keep a smile on the little faces.

He also mailed me notes to put in the girls lunches and that was a big help.

A "game" he and I played.... because he could not talk about his office (it was the kind that had two locked doors with in the locked building before you even got to his office) I would ask how many pencils and the color, or pens and the color. I asked how many steps to the coffe pot or bathroom (that was funny because it was out of the two locked doors) or how many scoops of coffee grounds was used that day. It seems silly, but it brought some laughs for us as well. Mind you I did not asks this everyday.

Best of luck and I pray this time passes fast for you. Oh and enjoy your WDW trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter