never mind the parks...give me more food!

babywewe

Mouseketeer
I seriouly want to go back to Disney and eat! The DDP is the best thing Disney has going for it! This is the best food i'v ever had durning an "all inclusive" vaction! Never mind going to the parks... i want to go back to disney. ADR's here I come!

:thumbsup2 I know the feeling! I want to plan around the meals, not the other way around.

yes me too.Dont get me wrong I love Disney but I never get to go and eat like this at home and get exactly what I want to order. I love the DDP and its especially great when its FREE!

We have no decent places to eat out at where I live and I can't wait to feast at WDW! I'm having just as much fun planning the meals as I am planning the park days! And can't wait to let the kids experience it! Ds (who just turned 10 and has always been a picky eater) is already getting psyched to try new foods - he's started doing it at home(yeah!!!), so he figures he'll be ready to order off the "adult" menu at the World. Dd (8) is not thrilled about still being a "child" - but her and Ds have been looking at the menus and plan on sharing some of Ds meals.

I hear ya! We ate like kings last time we were there.....
I'm hungry just thinking about Disney!!!
i guess that's why we gained 20 pounds together.... oh well!
We were there for 11 days too... and a mickey ears ice cream a day isn't good for the hips!

I'm having just as much fun planning the meals as I am planning the park days!

Yes me too.I'm obsessed with making our ADR and picking the right restaurant.The site with all the food pictures has been a big help in making my decisions.I'm so excited I cant wait. :banana:

:surfweb: The previous reply mentions a site that has pictures of the food that were helpful in planning where to eat. What is the website address for that site????? Thanking you in advance.

Bonnie

Not sure about a site, but there's a thread here with food pics: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=773269

I am so excited to try new places. I have already picked out a few dishes I'm having. Friends think I'm nuts, but I think it's great to know in 5 months I will be having cheese soup and chicken. :thumbsup2

This will be the first time. I will be on the DDP. As a matter of fact. First time. Out of 17 trips, I will be staying on disney property. :woohoo: :lmao: :woohoo: I can just about burst with excitement. :bounce: Anyhow, I love to eat. I am not one who eats to live. I cannot wait to try all of these places!!

After a long hot day at the parks a nice meal (that you dont have to dress up for) is what everyone should have! Perhapes, if everyone followed this mentallity, there would be less cranky people at the parks.

babywewe said:
After a long hot day at the parks a nice meal (that you dont have to dress up for or worry about the price of) is what everyone should have! Perhapes, if everyone followed this mentallity, there would be less cranky people at the parks.

You said it. It seems that's where so many people finally "lose it;" after waiting in long lines, in the heat, fighting the crowds all day, only to end up paying an outrageous price for so-so CS food. But if you can end the day with a really nice TS meal with appetizer, entree, drink and dessert that you don't have to worry about the price of and where it doesn't matter what you look like or how tired and cranky your kids are, it might bring the magic back to your vacation.

babywewe said:
After a long hot day at the parks a nice meal (that you dont have to dress up for) is what everyone should have! Perhapes, if everyone followed this mentallity, there would be less cranky people at the parks.

I think that you are right! :thumbsup2 Last january was the first time in way too many years that I was able to get DH to allow himself avacation. We were fortunalte in that my DS and his wife, my DD and her DH, my Sis in law and neice and nephew were able to join us. It was so nice to end the day relaxing with my family, enjoying a well prepared meal.

I understand that this does not work for all families, but we felt that even though we did not "mazimize" the park tickets by spending most of the time there, we came home relaxed and not in need of another vacation. The family time at the end of the day was an integral part of our vacation plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter