*NEW 11/20*26 Days & We're BACK! Family Trip! Boardwalk & DCL 10/25-10/31 - HS

budafam

DIS Veteran
Putting the finishing touches on my September trip report... time to begin the next one!

Our first family trip since May 2011! We stayed at a studio at the Boardwalk from 10/25-10/31 then on Halloween we sailed on the Disney Dream for a 3 night Bahamas cruise. I will begin our trip report here and finish it over at the Disney Cruise Line forums.

Follow along! I have pictures.....

Putting the finishing touches on my September trip report... time to begin the next one!

Our first family trip since May 2011! We stayed at a studio at the Boardwalk from 10/25-10/31 then on Halloween we sailed on the Disney Dream for a 3 night Bahamas cruise. I will begin our trip report here and finish it over at the Disney Cruise Line forums.

Follow along! I have pictures.....
I'm here! I am hoping to get on that Disney boat SOON!

We had an early flight. We used a park & ride for the first time at the airport and absolutely LOVED the service. Our flight was great...
bSfsR6.jpg

nnv73j.jpg

Our wait time for Magical Express wasn't too bad at all. We boarded the bus and got ready for a great vacation!
ot0O1t.jpg

qSU9wo.jpg

tFQgeV.jpg

We were the second stop... the Boardwalk was beautiful!!!
TlGokL.jpg

RN8jcm.jpg

8ptbts.jpg

Z0nzan.jpg

Check in went great... we were given our room number and we headed straight there. I was worried about being really far from the lobby... I didn't even realize it at first but we were just about at the end of the corridor with our room. It didn't seem like a far walk at all and we found a few shortcuts to get to the Boardwalk even quicker. Our room was on a corner... I want to say it was handicap accessible but the bathroom was not. It just seemed like the entrance way was really, really big.
NjK5G7.jpg

nEVn8Z.jpg

gCGIu4.jpg

q6xFKP.jpg

WS0axV.jpg

98Jnco.jpg

qsOcRN.jpg

m7FhGX.jpg

Unfortunately we found a deceased friend hanging from the counter piece on the sink...
aWNwFN.jpg

Yucky yuck!
We also found quite collection of cobwebs on the lamps above the headboard on the bed. The room was nice but definitely could use a little sprucing up. The tiles by the kitchenette could use some new caulking... they were awful dirty looking. I'm really not a complainer so this didn't warrant a phone call to the front desk for me but others it might have. I did email Disney when we got home and let them know (with photos)... hopefully they clean it up a little bit.

We had a lunch reservation to make it to so we headed over to the Beach Club. What better way to kick off this trip than an ice cream lunch?

Up Next: The Kitchen Sink!

I have GOT to get to work on this! 2 months is too long to take a break. 99 days till our next trip!
Our walk over to the Beach Club... we already fell in love with the Boardwalk.
IH3LOH.jpg

LZyPTB.jpg

The tables at Beaches & Cream are so darn cute! I want one!
I3zfvL.jpg

czSvMH.jpg

We attempted to check in early but we were told that we would need to return in about 20 minutes before we could actually check in. We did some exploring of the Beach Club... a little shopping and checked out the arcade. By the time we got back we were able to check in. We received a pager and took a seat outside.
9y9qap.jpg

The sky writing was in full swing :)
Everyone was in a great mood... we were on vacation!
cG4amA.jpg

But soon our "little" wait turned into 20 minutes... then 30... then 45. We were 45 minutes past our reservation time by the time we decided to go up and ask what on earth was taking so long. They said that all of the tables were still taken but there was room at the counter if we didn't mind sitting there. I wish they had asked us earlier... we GLADLY took any seat.
6ZLcYO.jpg

The inside was very small... we just wanted some ice cream!!!
We ordered the Kitchen Sink with no chocolate ice cream or syrup (DS does not care for much chocolate). We watched one of the workers make a kitchen sink and then he had to dump it because he had put the brownies in it. Oops!
Eventually ours was brought out with sirens, an announcement and a balloon :)
DPgYWa.jpg

It was time to get to work! This was so much fun and just what we needed to get off to a great vacation!
Wgezmh.jpg

We didn't finish it but we sure tried... that thing is huge.
Afterwards we went back to the resort to rest for a little while.
M0gA3e.jpg

Kha9jP.jpg

We did some exploring...
nAAp5n.jpg

0izOkv.jpg

7SbP22.jpg

It was finally time to head to the parks!

Up Next: Magic Kingdom & 'Ohana!

We arrived at Magic Kingdom and turned down Main Street just in time for this shot:
XxicVt.jpg

Of course we took the "We've Arrived" photo...
tnuHaW.jpg

We made our way to our very first fastpass+... the Mine Train!
Rpzygx.jpg

3e9LuQ.jpg

DS's 3rd time on this ride and his face just cracks me up... they all loved it. We made our way to Big Thunder Mountain Railroad then Pirates... it was a great start to this trip!
We made our way over to Tomorrowland and saw a Laugh Floor show. We were up on the big screen for "family that had their shirts made by Monster's Inc." A guy from Wisconsin also got picked on in the audience.
nHG9tk.jpg

We took a ride on Space Mountain... tried to do "I Love You" but the camera was opposite what we thought, lol...
H8pggG.jpg

We took some night photos...
XxNsGK.jpg

Then started making our way to the Polynesian for our late night dinner at 'Ohana.
6Qm23l.jpg

tntx4a.jpg

I had to have a habanero lime margarita as we waited...
JCFNyc.jpg

We were seated in the middle near the fire :)
Az0BPj.jpg

Our server was excellent. She brought DH plenty to eat and kept us fed very well... I wish we could request her every time.
sxWmnC.jpg

DD did some hula dancing..
yUN27u.jpg

and then dessert came. This was an excellent meal and a great way to kick off our fun vacay!
waXUJB.jpg

Up Next: Does Tink know the Tooth Fairy?

Your family is darling. Great t-shirts. I love all the photo pass pictures of your family on the rides.
-Lindsey:earsgirl:

We were a little late moving this morning... normally I would've been up and gone but I figured out with DH along, this was going to be a very different speed for us (which was fine). We finally got out the door and we were walking down the hallway when DS announced that he lost a tooth! We were closer to the lobby than our room so we stopped by the concierge desk to see if they had something we could put the tooth in. We also thought maybe there would be a little extra pixie dust for losing a tooth in Disney but no, nothing. To be honest, we waited to put it under our pillow till we got home. We were worried the tooth fairy wouldn't find us in Disney.
TUWPKN.jpg

We took a boat to HS this morning... DH was wearing a sweatshirt and one of the CM's commented that he has one of those in his closet. Must be nice!!!
G8aG1C.jpg

HS wasn't horribly crowded (although this picture looks like it).
fPObdK.jpg

We headed straight to Toy Story Mania and we stood in line for 10 minutes before they announced that the ride was broken down. They had no idea when it would be up and running again so we quickly took the opportunity to get some character pics in.
3hXVIH.jpg

The wait for Buzz & Wood was around 20 minutes so we did that... the last time we did this meetngreet was on our very first trip to Disney in 2011.
32WYTn.jpg

Buzz was dancing with DD.
9YpggU.jpg

Then we had breakfast at Hollywood & Vine. As we were waiting outside we met up with another lady that we would be cruising with... she had bought an Olaf shirt from me. We were called within a few minutes and brought in for our breakfast.
KTnGth.jpg

I love the burrito station here!
1dQPQ8.jpg

The characters were great... lots of fun! Jake missed DD so he had to come back around again.
3sglXd.jpg

RbriNd.jpg

Pvs2ty.jpg

R82FGb.jpg

We got our first anniversary dessert!!!
GNJhlY.jpg

We had timed this breakfast just perfectly so that we got a taste of the lunch buffet as well... that salmon was fantastic!!!
SyuGHP.jpg

Up Next: Frozen, Coasters & Cars (not in that order)

Not sure why we planned it this way but following our meal at Hollywood & Vine, we had fastpasses for Rocknrollercoaster...
fDH60T.jpg

DS & I did it and yup, that's my GoPro!!! I do not know how DS can always put his head down like that... but he manages it every single time we ride this.
CNArKF.jpg

A last view of the hat...
jXhPRQ.jpg

We got our picture in front of it even though we didn't know it was really going to be going anywhere.
L1UYH0.jpg

Also, our last time seeing the setup for Osborne Lights...
wuq7KW.jpg

As you can tell by the boys' faces... we were at the Frozen Singalong!!!
uf5crW.jpg

DD was thrilled!
9FwQGV.jpg

It was a nice break... and cold :)
a0BAsq.jpg

Then we saw something for the boys...
zgmEBM.jpg

VHo96j.jpg

xryRZM.jpg

They really enjoyed this.
MA1Tih.jpg

We even got to meet one of the drivers!
dpONbf.jpg

We left mid-afternoon so that we could get ready for MNSSHP that night!
TUgfJE.jpg

DH was excited, we ordered a cheese pizza.
YioimV.jpg

Once again, we were a little later heading to MNSSHP than I would've preferred... the kids were excited!!!
1pgJVv.jpg

Next Up: Halloween Party Time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter