New Aer Lingus route from Manchester to Orlando 5 x a week.

jackieleanne

DIS Veteran
https://mediacentre.aerlingus.com/n...ights-from-manchester-creating-up-to-120-jobs
Orlando Airport broke this news earlier today about the launch of a new 5 x weekly route from Manchester to Orlando plus flights to New York etc, great news for those of us who fly from Manchester as it should hopefully stop the monopoly that Virgin currently has since Thomas Cook went bust. As obviously other than Tui's limited service to Sanford you can't get anything direct.

They start on July 29th.

This is great, we live in Manchester and in the past have relied on Virgin or United via Newark (although United have suspended their Manchester-Newark route). Having another option is really helpful and will hopefully keep prices in check.

I also find it really interesting that they are launching this on the 29 July, suggests they might be expecting some sort of UK-US travel corridor by July/August.

There is a curious message on the Are Lingus site that restricts the bookings from the USA ... is this just temporary or likely to be a long term thing? Surely if it's long term then it might have a bearing on the actual viability of the route?

> Flights operated by Aer Lingus (U.K.) Limited from Manchester to the United States are for United Kingdom originating traffic only. Sales are not available to persons in the United States. All flights subject to government approval.

Great news of another airline doing direct flights from the North of England. Been said before but hopefully will see virgin stop the price hiking on this route.

I just checked and £600 for last 2 weeks in Aug with luggage and pre booked seats is ok, not brilliant but not bad either

I was just checking the flight costs for the dates again and up to £640pp now.
Must mean the seats are getting taken quickly?

I was just checking the flight costs for the dates again and up to £640pp now.
Must mean the seats are getting taken quickly?

DI’d you do it in the same browser? A lot of airline sites track your visits so if you search for the same flights multiple times they increase the price so you think they’re selling out and feel pressured to book. Same with the ‘15 people viewing this hotel’ messages on other sites.

I tend to book flights in private browser windows, doesn’t always work but sometimes shows cheaper prices.

DI’d you do it in the same browser? A lot of airline sites track your visits so if you search for the same flights multiple times they increase the price so you think they’re selling out and feel pressured to book. Same with the ‘15 people viewing this hotel’ messages on other sites.

I tend to book flights in private browser windows, doesn’t always work but sometimes shows cheaper prices.
I was intrigued by that, so tried a private browser different device, but defo gone up to £640 now.

I was intrigued by that, so tried a private browser different device, but defo gone up to £640 now.
It's hard to hide your IP address. If you don't have a fixed one from your ISP it may be worth waiting till it's changed (could be a couple of days or longer though) before checking.
Or use a mobile or find a WiFi hotspot away from home.

If you can be that bothered of course :surfweb:

Will certainly be interesting to see the prices on Virgin for next year etc now that they have the competition. Maybe if it brings them down enough ill have to do two holiday's next year to make up for not being able to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter