New announcement from ABD

Only certain categories will hold three guests. These are categories AA and AB,

According to the Cast Member I just spoke with, these categories can not be booked unless it is for a party of three.

Single supplements will run from 25% - 100% depending on stateroom category and date chosen.

Only certain categories will hold three guests. These are categories AA and AB,

According to the Cast Member I just spoke with, these categories can not be booked unless it is for a party of three.

Single supplements will run from 25% - 100% depending on stateroom category and date chosen.

So basically you get hit for an upcharge twice for a room of three. You have to add the additional person for a full fare, then you can only book in the more expensive categories?

I am confused as to the room categories. Why are some specifically marked triple occupancy? If I book for 2 adults and 1 child can I only select category BA?
I would say that's an ABD/TA question. The reason they're actually marked as Triple occupancy, I think is because some of the BA's are some triple occupancy, and some aren't. So they're marking which are which. But I'd guess yes, you'd need to book a BA or above with 3 people, unless the child was really small. The lower categories E, D, C don't look large enough to accommodate another bed. But I'm totally guessing here.

Sayhello

So basically you get hit for an upcharge twice for a room of three. You have to add the additional person for a full fare, then you can only book in the more expensive categories?
And, according to DU's website, the single supplement is 100%. So it's going to cost me twice what it costs most people per person to go. :(

Sayhello

The majority of rooms will accommodate a maximum of two guests.

Categories AA and some AB will accommodate three guests.

ABD is not allowing parties of less than three to book these categories.

And, according to DU's website, the single supplement is 100%. So it's going to cost me twice what it costs most people per person to go. :(

Sayhello

As I just posted, single supplements will run 25% - 100% depending on stateroom category and sail date chosen.

The info posted on the DU website was provided by ABD. We are correcting the misinformation given.

The taxpayers of Ohio are not going to get their money's worth from me today. Looks like a great itinerary, and Steph's commercial is awesome!

Laurie

And, according to DU's website, the single supplement is 100%.

The info in our calculator was provided by ABD. Apparently now we are hearing that some single supplements are on a sliding scale and will be based on availability. Unfortunately it's impossible to code something like that into our system without having a live feed into ABDs inventory - which we don't.

My suggestion is pick the sailing and stateroom you want and then when you start working with Kevin you can adjust according to what is available/the right price for you at that time with ABD.

Tobi - where are you seeing the info about the Prague add on? And have you seen any diagrams of the ship? I'm trying to figure out what the room categories are.

Laurie

It's available on the ABD website under Destinations->Europe

It's an awesome looking trip. I think it would be tough to decide between the Prague, Salzburg, and Vienna ABD and this one. Having visited Prague, Vienna, Bratislava and Budapest last Christmas, I strongly encourage people to choose the Prague pre/post stay if doing the river cruise. Prague is the gem of the entire Central Europe area and not to be missed. The one advantage to the land tour I would think is more time in Vienna and of course seeing Salzburg (which I've yet to see). On the other hand, seeing Budapest on the cruise will definitely be a highlight.

I hope ABD does very well with this cruise and brings in a new segment of guests. It would be awesome to see them expand to more destinations. It will be interesting though as they need 4X the amount of guests to fill each date compared to a typical ABD. I'm curious as to the contract between Disney and AMAWaterways. What if they only fill 50% of the rooms? Are the rest released as nonABD rooms by AMA? Does ABD rent out the entire ship and incur a loss if not enough guests book? I guess limiting the available dates will help. I have no doubt these will become very popular, I'm just curious if they will be 4X as popular as their typical ABDs. I hope so.

I'll probably pass on it just because I was recently in many of these cities. Still, it looks pretty neat.

The info in our calculator was provided by ABD. Apparently now we are hearing that some single supplements are on a sliding scale and will be based on availability. Unfortunately it's impossible to code something like that into our system without having a live feed into ABDs inventory - which we don't.

My suggestion is pick the sailing and stateroom you want and then when you start working with Kevin you can adjust according to what is available/the right price for you at that time with ABD.
Thanks, John!

Sayhello

We have been to almost all the cities in this cruise but a December cruise would be nice! Maybe 2017. :fish:I don't know about swimming in the Danube, even on the summer.... Water is really muddy...

Count me out for this trip, 2 of the days are exact replicas of the Central Europe trip, and while I understand that 100% supplement is standard practice in the cruise industry I am not paying double for excursions on a cruise but I would be on this trip as they are included in the fare and as such there should not be 100% surcharge for any category.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter