New biopic on a young Walt Disney - As Dreamers Do

I don't know why, but I got this suspicious feeling. How are they going to do this outside of Disney and be able to show anyrhing. Can't use Mickey, can't use Disneyland.

It might be good but I've been suckered before by web campaigns that looked good for movies that were terrible.

Well see what happens. Crossing fingers and waiting for more info.

Granted it's not a Disney picture, nor can they tell too much from the trailer, I guess. But from the little bit I saw of it, if I had turned down the sound, I would never have known this was about a young Walt Disney. The guy didn't look a thing like him. At least they attempted to get Ub Iwerks correct. That was the biggest clue I had to know where they were going with this.

I don't know why, but I got this suspicious feeling. How are they going to do this outside of Disney and be able to show anyrhing. Can't use Mickey, can't use Disneyland. It might be good but I've been suckered before by web campaigns that looked good for movies that were terrible. Well see what happens. Crossing fingers and waiting for more info.

One of the new movies (there are going to be two right) is based on a book that is sanctioned by the family. That has far more weight than a Disney company ok. The Disney company doesn't own the rights to Walt's life or story.

I'm really excited for both of the new movies. I wasn't interested in saving Mr. Banks and will probably never see it. The Disney company as it is now doesn't represent Walt Disney fans. Hollywood is political and I think it speaks volumes that the company did not speak out in Walt's defense when Meryl Streep had her embarrassing little meltdown on tv recently. The family did as did the people who actually worked with him.

The two new movies are both made by Walt fans. Something new in Hollywood!

One of the new movies (there are going to be two right) is based on a book that is sanctioned by the family. That has far more weight than a Disney company ok. The Disney company doesn't own the rights to Walt's life or story.

I'm really excited for both of the new movies. I wasn't interested in saving Mr. Banks and will probably never see it. The Disney company as it is now doesn't represent Walt Disney fans. Hollywood is political and I think it speaks volumes that the company did not speak out in Walt's defense when Meryl Streep had her embarrassing little meltdown on tv recently. The family did as did the people who actually worked with him.

The two new movies are both made by Walt fans. Something new in Hollywood!

The movie might be good. But, when you watch the trailer, you see that it isn't the best quality production. There are little things. I didn't recognize a name involved in the project. It might be good, it might be lousy. While Disney can't stop biographies, they won't allow any Mickey or Disney controlled images to be used, No park filming, etc.. Kind of hard to show Disney drawing Mickey without showing Mickey.

Now a movie sanctioned by the family I am really looking forward to!!

Saving Mr. Banks was very good. You are missing a great movie.

Sounds like you have issues with the Disney company that I don't have, but I think their silence was appropriate and wise. It was appropriate for the family and friends within Disney to answer. Their response is personal and carries a great deal of weight with the public.

If Disney gives an official corporate answer it is a company trying to protect their brand. Also, it would be throwing gas on a fire. It was a stupid statement that disappeared quickly partly because they ignored it.

The movie might be good. But, when you watch the trailer, you see that it isn't the best quality production. There are little things. I didn't recognize a name involved in the project. It might be good, it might be lousy. While Disney can't stop biographies, they won't allow any Mickey or Disney controlled images to be used, No park filming, etc.. Kind of hard to show Disney drawing Mickey without showing Mickey. Now a movie sanctioned by the family I am really looking forward to!! Saving Mr. Banks was very good. You are missing a great movie. Sounds like you have issues with the Disney company that I don't have, but I think their silence was appropriate and wise. It was appropriate for the family and friends within Disney to answer. Their response is personal and carries a great deal of weight with the public. If Disney gives an official corporate answer it is a company trying to protect their brand. Also, it would be throwing gas on a fire. It was a stupid statement that disappeared quickly partly because they ignored it.

The other movie is "Walt before Mickey" which is based on the biography of the same name. Diane Disney Miller wrote the forward for the book. I'm more interested in this movie but would like to see them both.

There's another thread on the DisUnplugged board that has links to more info.

You're probably correct that the Meryl Streep comment died down more quickly because Disney ignored it. It's not as if they've never touched the issue though. There's a Disney distributed documentary called "Walt: The Man Behind the Myth" which does address this topic. It's online if you are interested and haven't already seen it. It's playing currently on the Disney Wonder so that to me indicates that they aren't hiding from the general issue or completely ignoring it. They are addressing it in a very controlled setting though. Controlled but yet non-direct. LOL

I'm just not really interested in Mr. Banks. I'm not a Mary Poppins fan so maybe that's part of it.

I did see "Escape from Tomorrow" which brings up all sorts of issues about characters and the parks.

As a Walt fan It doesn't bother me that Mickey may not be visible in either of these movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter