New Carts

Memaw2Wm

DIS Veteran
Just got back this afternoon. We got one of the new golf carts ... #2 dark green with almond seats and roof.

I was NOT happy about having to sign a blank credit card voucher ... to be used in the event the cart was damaged during my rental.

And I found the reel-up cord hard to use ... guess I'm not very coordinated, but I found that having to hold up the seat and pull the cord out at the same time was difficult ... I don't understand why they didn't thread it thru one of the holes under the seat so you wouldn't have to worry about holding up the seat and/or accidently dropping the seat on the cord and pinching it???

When I returned the cart, the check-in CM gave it a quick look over, gave me a "no damage" slip and the desk CM gave marked the voucher "void" and gave me one of the carbon copies.

I must say the non-car/truck "traffic" in FW was heavy this weekend ... I nearly hit a boy with my car when he made a sharp left turn in front of my cart ... not to mention the fact that he was riding in the middle of the wrong lane ... then there was the group of teenagers in three carts ... they were goofing off and one girl nearly ran her cart into another cart (all new ones) ... YIKES ... now I know why they are making the renters cover damages. There were skateboarders, bikers and rollerbladers everywhere ... on the roads and the walkways.

My grandkids and I had a lot of fun riding around looking at the different carts ... there was a red, white and blue Budweiser cart, a bronze "Jeep" and a couple of John Deer "gators."

Gotta think I would have blown those kids in to the CM's at the bike barn. I got a number once of the cart an underage kid was driving recklessly and turned it in. Guess what - parents lost the cart for the rest of their stay.

:(

Didn't even think about getting the cart numbers ... although I did give passing thought to making the kid on the bike take me his parents ... but decided that it wasn't worth the effort ... hopefully he learned his lesson and stayed off the roads or at least looked out for vehicles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter