• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New country/countries

Luckymommyx2

Wishing you a magical day
I do not know if this is possible or not but are there any rumors for new countries to be introduced into Epcot? I do not know if there is much room left or if there is, how much. I would personally love to see Russia introduced!!
:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce:

I'd like to see a Australia or New Zealand Area introduced, but I don't know if there is enough room.

Yea, there's certainly room. Think about the whole top left of the Showcase, where they have plopped the "Trading Post" or whatever it is they call it...

There are always rumors about new countries, but it comes down to a few factors (from what I hear when asking CMs, at least.)

1. Cost. Countries need to put up the cash in order to get a pavilion, and I certainly do not think that Russia has cash to be throwing around these days, it's not exactly in the best shape these days.

2. It has to be different from the rest of them (to an extent.)
This was the one thing that (So I heard) kind of eliminates Australia -- are the buildings and structures in Australia all that different from England? They started out as an English colony, and certainly many English aspects would be incorporated into their everyday life. Granted, there would be differences, but would there be differences enough to base a pavilion off of it? I am not certain of that, although I certainly am not positive that the opposite is true, either.

Based on the requirements it seems that Brazil or South Africa would be good candidates for a new country.

I think Australia's problem is not that it would resemble the UK but that it would resemble the United States. Ditto for New Zealand. Nevertheless Canada is in the showcase so I guess its not a big issue.

Right now South America isn't represented at all in the World Showcase. Africa at least has Morocco.

The countries that would bring the most diversity to the Showcase would be former members of the USSR, any African country south of the Sahara (but who can afford it?), Southeast Asian countries, India, any of the South American countries, Indonesia or the Phillipines.

I would like to see Greece or Switzerland. Maybe get that Matterhorn in WDW? As for Austrailia, I would like to see it incorporated into AK, where they have enough room to do it right!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter