New Discount Watch Thread - Fall 2021

Hoping Disney Visa is next - that's how it has been in the past!

Ugh! I hope so. I don't even care if it's Disney Visa or public as long as there is a discount. I mean I plan to go with or without a discount but it sure would be better with one.

Ugh! I hope so. I don't even care if it's Disney Visa or public as long as there is a discount. I mean I plan to go with or without a discount but it sure would be better with one.
Same. I budgeted and saved for these trips and know I could go without a discount, but I won't turn one down. My grandma used to say "better in my pocket than in theirs." Although most of it probably will be spending money when I'm there anyway.

Same. I budgeted and saved for these trips and know I could go without a discount, but I won't turn one down. My grandma used to say "better in my pocket than in theirs." Although most of it probably will be spending money when I'm there anyway.
I'm hoping for General Public as non-US citizens cannot get a Disney Visa and there are a lot of us with trips planned. I'm happy for both offers but if it has to be one or the other, I'm hoping they choose a general public offer which would benefit all.

I'm hoping for General Public as non-US citizens cannot get a Disney Visa and there are a lot of us with trips planned. I'm happy for both offers but if it has to be one or the other, I'm hoping they choose a general public offer which would benefit all.

Yeah I'm actually kinda surprised there hasn't been one for general public since they're opening borders to international travel again. I was thinking about that last week how I know a lot of international travelers come for two weeks and usually get a great package deal, especially for UK travelers. They also get an included dining package. And yet as far as I can tell nothing has been released. So what motivation is going to bring people over? I mean Disney could stick by the idea that people will pay any price, but I don't think that does hold up for an overseas traveler. They're used to something more inclusive and a better value.

If a trip is booked already and a discount is offered, would I need to call and have the discount applied or could I do it online myself? Thanks in advance.

If a trip is booked already and a discount is offered, would I need to call and have the discount applied or could I do it online myself? Thanks in advance.

Sometimes you are able to modify your reservation online to add the discount - I've done so in the past. However, there's no guarantee that your resort/room category/room view is available, so you may have to shop around and see what is available with the discount.

Normally I try to change it myself but if unsuccessful, I call but the phone lines are normally crazy so I try modifying myself.

If I'm not able to add it, I find calling to be more successful then hunting around on my own. There have been times though when it was easiest to rebook a new trip and then cancel the first one but that's a bit of a pain to do.

Normally I try to change it myself but if unsuccessful, I call but the phone lines are normally crazy so I try modifying myself.

If I'm not able to add it, I find calling to be more successful then hunting around on my own. There have been times though when it was easiest to rebook a new trip and then cancel the first one but that's a bit of a pain to do.
Thanks so much all! I’m at the point of checking for any new discounts several times a day. Fingers crossed!

Thanks so much all! I’m at the point of checking for any new discounts several times a day. Fingers crossed!
I went into MyDisneyExperience today and found that I have an option to 'Change' my reservation which hopefully bodes well to being able to adjust it myself. I clicked the 'Change' button and had an option to search for offers so hoping this means if something comes out I can add it.

I went into MyDisneyExperience today and found that I have an option to 'Change' my reservation which hopefully bodes well to being able to adjust it myself. I clicked the 'Change' button and had an option to search for offers so hoping this means if something comes out I can add it.

I hope you are right!!! We too booked our Xmas trip with the hopes of a discount coming out. We've never paid rack rate, and have never paid SO MUCH for a value resort. We are already committed to going, so we assumed the worst when we booked. But we were really hoping something would pop up, whether it be a room discount or maybe even a dining package discount to offset the insane price we are paying for this trip. Fingers still crossed, but quickly losing hope!

I can see a new Room Discount offer on the Canadian site for early 2022 but options for my dates are extremely limited and when I try to price something out I keep getting errors.

5 of the resorts are either moderate or deluxe. The only value is suites at AoA so out of my budget. Have been on hold with Disney now for about 15 mins to see if they can find anything for me.

Will keep you posted. Hopefully the new offer to Canadians means more will be offered to others soon.

Update: Spoke with a great CM but unfortunately nothing available for our dates that will save us any money. For a little more we could upgrade to a moderate but, we'd lose the Skyliner so it's a no-go for us.

Last edited:
I can see a new Room Discount offer on the Canadian site for early 2022 but options for my dates are extremely limited and when I try to price something out I keep getting errors.

5 of the resorts are either moderate or deluxe. The only value is suites at AoA so out of my budget. Have been on hold with Disney now for about 15 mins to see if they can find anything for me.

Will keep you posted. Hopefully the new offer to Canadians means more will be offered to others soon.

Update: Spoke with a great CM but unfortunately nothing available for our dates that will save us any money. For a little more we could upgrade to a moderate but, we'd lose the Skyliner so it's a no-go for us.

You are very right. I too was sad by the limited resort and date availability. Tried online and called. The CM said she was struggling to find rooms where the discount applied. We are going March 5. Saved a little bit in the end but not what I had hoped for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter