new disney club reservation policy??

hellokitty

dis veteran/disney addict
has any one heard this?> quoted from another posting:

""New Disney Club Policy Change: Prepare to Pay Up
Guess what? My new Disney Club card is now even more worthless than it was before. Disney is now requiring that all Disney Club reservations be paid in FULL *upfront*! But it gets better... It seems that Disney is going to make this change for ALL reservations soon. That means that if you book through CRO, Disney Club, or through anything else, you will have to pay the entire cost of your room rates upfront. Now, for those of us that like to just give a desposit on one day and then save up for the rest of the trip, ....""

i got this off another thread at another site.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13542&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Originally posted by hellokitty
has any one heard this?>

New Disney Club Policy Change: Prepare to Pay Up
Guess what? My new Disney Club card is now even more worthless than it was before. Disney is now requiring that all Disney Club reservations be paid in FULL *upfront*! Kind of a sh*tty policy for those of us who don't have our driveways paved in gold, isn't it? But it gets better... It seems that Disney is going to make this change for ALL reservations soon. That means that if you book through CRO, Disney Club, or through anything else, you will have to pay the entire cost of your room rates upfront. Now, for those of us that like to just give a desposit on one day and then save up for the rest of the trip, ....

i got this off another thread at another site.

Did someone actually try to book a trip and was asked for full payment upfront? Is this just a rumor at this stage? I cannot see them doing this for room only reservations through CRO. It just does not make any sense. Oh well, I am going to wait and see until offical word comes out before I start to get upset.

All upfront? So if you make a reservation for a year away, you have to pay in full right away? I find that hard to believe. Or is it you have to pay the balance 21 days before arrival, like they do with packages? That would be more believable. I think too many people with room only reservations double book and cancel at the last minute (before the 5 day deadline), leaving them with an empty room.

Originally posted by hellokitty
quoted from another posting:

""New Disney Club Policy Change: Prepare to Pay Up
Guess what? My new Disney Club card is now even more worthless than it was before. Disney is now requiring that all Disney Club reservations be paid in FULL *upfront*!

This is not new. You have always had to pay in full 21 days in advance of arrival when you booked a DC reservation ever since the DC card replaced the MKC program. Apparantly the other poster wasn't aware of this.

But it gets better... It seems that Disney is going to make this change for ALL reservations soon. That means that if you book through CRO, Disney Club, or through anything else, you will have to pay the entire cost of your room rates upfront. Now, for those of us that like to just give a desposit on one day and then save up for the rest of the trip, ....""
Again, this is not news. It has been fairly common knowledge for a long time that Disney's long term plan is to phase out CRO and use only WDTC. It certainly doesn't make a lot of sense - financially or in effective use of manpower - in running two operations that do the same thing.

Not sure if this is in the same line, but; Made a ressie for october called cro, got wdtc said I did not call the 800# wanted cro they said "we can do that".... so did ressie gave the 1 nite down on cc & then got it in the mail due 21 days... called back asked about policy and told cro was still the same ... and then told them what happened and she said no your ressie doesn't say due in computer just don't worry about it... I told her then I need a new copy not saying this .. cause if its cancelled I want it in my hand upon arrival... .

Next, we where just there and usually they take the imprint of cc and at the end of your stay charges are sent to room if ok you ok them and they do your cc at that time. NOT this time, the imprinted the card, and charged immediately! I was worried cause of long trip, would not be home when this got on my bill and might be late... But was told this is how we do it now, payment upon immediate arrival!

:confused:

hellokitty....
New Disney Club Policy Change

I read the thread from the link you posted and found this from a poster:
" I currently have 12 different reservations extending out until July, 2003. I have depositt on all of them. I don't intend to use them all unless I get a very good price".
If Disney does actually go to this policy of paying in full up front don't blame Disney, blame people like this.

I'm a little confused here.

So you put a downpayment on a room, and they say "In order to check into this room you must pay in full". Correct?

So you are saying you don't want to get charged for a room you are staying in, until you leave?

Every hotel, motel, inn, and resort I've ever stayed at required me to pay for the room in full before I got a key.

Why would Disney be any different?

When talking to the concierge desk, at the 90 day call asking if I needed any assistance, the CM said it was heard that changes were going to be made to require deposits for the full amount on all reservations.

i agree people who make many reservations and cancel last
minute should pay up front, but now all of us will have to do this
meaning save money early!!

oh well, at least we still can go.

I think it's a fantastic idea and I hope it's true. People who book multiple reservations are so inconsiderate to others! This will cut down on this dramatically! If you don't have the money to pay for it all when you book the reservation you can put it on a credit card and make payments I guess. Unfortunately, there will be interest on it this way, but I don't see any other way to curb the multiple ressie problem.

I am sure this will cut down on double bookings. But my guess is that it will cut down on bookings, period. I think many will either go elsewhere or book last minute.

I have to say that I agree they should try to eliminate double bookings but they should try to get the info straight within the ranks. CRO doesn't have I would say 1/2 the CM's that actually know what they are doing. I am trying to pay for a hotel room I have booked and they can't seem to understand that all I want to do is change the name from A to B. I already have the room I just need to change the name. I think that if they would prefer to have the room be available for the discount rate of $109 then the discount rate of $220 would be better. I mean really I even get the math on that one. I have called twice today to try to fix this. someone has said I should just add a name to the reservation so now I am going to try that.

Well, I leave on Wednesday and we are meeting up with my sister's family for 5 days at the Yacht Club. Last week, she wanted to add another room to her reservation for 2 of her teens (connecting rooms) but there were none available. To make a long story short, we are both DC members and use the #800 number when calling. I tried calling back for her to see if a room had become available, and was told that they now charge $10 per change made to any reservation due to paper work. Has anyone else ever been told this? I changed my reservation 3 times since January and was never charged once for a reservation change. Anyone else hear of this??? They can save the paper work by emailing the changes and saving the vacationer the $10, as long as they have a PC and printer which so many do. This really stinks, what's next?

RobinLyn:confused:

I'm one of those people who likes to have the resort paid for when I check-in. It really reduces the sticker shock if I don't have to pay a big lump at once. Used to I would just keep mailing in payments till we arrived. Well, within the last few days I have received confirmations for my Aug (this weekend) and Oct trips. The odd part? Neither of these confirmations has one of those return payment envelopes. You know the blurb about " TO ENSURE PROPER CREDIT TO YOUR RESERVATION REMIT CHECK PAYMENT IN THE ENCLOSED ENVELOPE...", well it's there. Just no envelope. Hmmm.
It shows that my telephone CC deposit was received and deposit amount due is $.00. Fine. I still want my envelope. Of course there would be no way for my payment to reach WDW for this weekend's trip, anyway. I could be sending in payments for the October trip, however. Maybe this is their new policy - saving money on envelopes. I wasn't aware of it, though.

I wanted to add for clarification that these aren't DC ressies.

If I have to pay in full at time of booking, I will go elsewhere to stay. I am a FL Res & go up about every 6 weeks. As of today....I am going on Labor Day for 3 nights, Oct 11th for 3 nights & Nov 2nd for 3 nights (all booked & dep paid). In the furture, am I to pay in full for these 3 trips prior to check in... I think not... If Disney goes to this..... I will not stay on site as much. I see no problem with paying one nights stay when booking, but to charge for all of the nights is crazy!!! They will see a sharp decline in their frequent guests! :mad:

The Only time I've ever paid for a room in full up front was for the $25 deal at the CY with DU...

I have always given my cc upon check-in and if they charge the rest of the nights at that point , I don't know about it until I check out. If Disney thinks people will pay in full at the time of booking, you can't blame them . Blame the sillies that do it. Think aout it rationally. If next summer you wanted to stay the Poly (LVconc.) for two weeks and booked it now, you would have to pay them $$$$$$$$$$ for the room. They would be holding your money in their accounts for a whole year (earning interest). Then when codes come out, they would send you money back???

I only pay up front what I need to. The rest of the vacation goes on a cc. When we get the bill, we pay it with a check from our vacation fund. For us, no vacation fund= no vacation.

Right now I have ressies @ the CR tower (2 rooms). I owe alittle over @9,000.00(waiting for discounts to get this price down). If disney thinks I'm forking over this amount NOW, I'll just cancel the whole trip & make new ressies in the Carribean Islands, for less then 1/2 this price. This must be a rumor, because no-one in there right mind would even consider charging up-front or paying up-front.

I also think it is crazy of Disney to have people pay for their vacations in full at booking. Almost all tour operators require a deposit at booking and payment in full 45 - 60 days in advance. Now, if that what Disney is going to do, well, it just seems like they are trying to stop people from booking rooms and canceling at the last minute with the old 5 day cancelation policy. I think it would be suicide for Disney to require full payment upon reservation, I hope this is all a misunderstanding and they are going to adopt the WDTC rules, which is full payment 21 days before check in. I don't have a problem with that rule, I make many different travel arrangements for my family and usually vacations are paid for well in advance.

Originally posted by RobinLyn
Well, I leave on Wednesday and we are meeting up with my sister's family for 5 days at the Yacht Club. Last week, she wanted to add another room to her reservation for 2 of her teens (connecting rooms) but there were none available. To make a long story short, we are both DC members and use the #800 number when calling. I tried calling back for her to see if a room had become available, and was told that they now charge $10 per change made to any reservation due to paper work. RobinLyn:confused:
I believe there has always been a change fee for changes made within 5 days of arival. If you called this weekend, that might have been why they wanted to charge you.

It's a pain though! I don't like Disney policies :(

We pretty much never pay upfront for hotel stays, unless we book something through a travel agent. At check in they always ask for a credit card, but it is not actually charged until you check out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter