new disney club reservation policy??

"Thanks Gillian",

I wasn't aware of the 5 day policy, that makes more sense. I called today and was able to get her the two rooms with a discount code with the help of a terrific CM who told me a code I was not aware of for the end of August. She wasn't charged the extra $10 fee either. I always call back if I get a CM who just doesn't want to help or look. I swear that sometimes the CM can make all the difference!

RobinLyn;)

I would have no problem paying within 21 to 48 days of arrival, but if I am understanding this correctly, they would want the whole trip paid for the day you make the ressie? I don't think I want to send Disney a couple thousand dollars for rooms a year and a half before I use them.

If Disney does this, they will only be hurting themselves. I am really hoping to be able to make a Dec trip. However, it depends on a lot of things & that will be my family's Christmas. I will be making ressies in the next couple of weeks. However, if I have to pay in full now, it won't happen. I need to wait until Nov to see if we can actually swing the trip between school, work & budgeting concerns. If we already have a ressie in place, we will be much more motivated to "make it work". If we don't have a ressie in place, I can foresee one of those "I'll call next week" approaches when "next week" never gets here. (Hope this makes sense)

I have to agree with most here, if Disney wants to charge upfront, they will lose business - at least mine. I can see paying in full 2-3 weeks before arrival or even better would be if you cancel within three weeks of arrival, you lose deposit, still allowing you to pay balance at check in. I'll just wait and see what happens. I will say one thing however, Disney is currently fighting with Universal for the tourist dollars and if they do this, they might as well hand the victory over to Universal on a silver platter.

I just read the back of my reservation under Deposit Requirements. It says, "Deposit requirements for arrivals are subject to change and additional deposits may be required."
So, I'm sure this is leaving an opening for Disney to do this. My reservation was made through CRO, but it says on it that I am a DC member. I also hope Disney does not adopt this new payment method of paying for the trip up front. It would sure make me think whether we would go back as often and I would hate for that to happen! I guess we just have to sit and wait!
:rolleyes:

Discounted room promotions are suppose to attract new bookings. People are making bookings at multiple resorts and have no intention of using them at the reserved price. Disney publishes a discount code and all that happens is people call to rebook existing reservations. Instead of getting new bookings Disney is just discounting existing bookings.
I'd say some type of change is not only inevitable but fair: limit people from holding multiple reservations, charge change fees, require some of the deeply discounted rates to be paid in full or at least 50% deposit... I think the question is will the change be something we can live with.

PL, Hotwire, Expedia hot rate and some of the specials from this website (Courtyard?) require full payment at time of booking. Might Disney come up with a similar policy for the deep discounted rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter