New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

to clarify.........Wish is sold out for MV only - all other inaugural sailings are still available.
The other cruises are still available. The actual maiden, and the following DVC cruise are both sold out afaik. There may be some rooms opening here and there as quotes run out like mine, for the maiden, but unless DCL is doing inventory control, Id say the Maiden is full.

2024. Im with you. I need 9 to get to 20, and the rest of my family needs between 4 or 5 to make platinum

Yeah, I thought that was a guaranty when I got to platinum. And then they went and broke it up -- so today I tried to book and it was already sold out! So at this point, platinum really doesn't mean much :(

Yeah, I thought that was a guaranty when I got to platinum. And then they went and broke it up -- so today I tried to book and it was already sold out! So at this point, platinum really doesn't mean much :(

Wonder if we can expect to see Platinum with 20+ sailings to be changed to something like Diamond.

Sent you a pm

2024. Im with you. I need 9 to get to 20, and the rest of my family needs between 4 or 5 to make platinum

You're right, I was thinking the surprise third ship was 2023 but the next two were delayed. I guess getting another 4 under my belt would have been a little easier with an 'extra' year but I'm still relieved to have my one and done on the books.

I'd rather have that, then breaking platinum into four tiers!

Big same. Somehow it makes it feel less like an overdue adjustment than a random pulling of a rug on this one instance... make it official if you're going to keep doing this, Disney!

I'd rather have that, then breaking platinum into four tiers!
Only problem is doesn't matter what you call it. If 1000 cruisers booked 1000 cabins in 2 days, the ship is still full.(assuming the balance of cabins are for vips entertainment etc. Actual number may vary)

You're right, I was thinking the surprise third ship was 2023 but the next two were delayed. I guess getting another 4 under my belt would have been a little easier with an 'extra' year but I'm still relieved to have my one and done on the books.
I had to stop and think for a second. Originally ot was. Almost forgot the rearranging of ships. We should know in about 6 months or so when the next ship is started. Assuming a 2 year build.

Big same. Somehow it makes it feel less like an overdue adjustment than a random pulling of a rug on this one instance... make it official if you're going to keep doing this, Disney!
The only possible reason I can think of is that they are doing inventory control. Its possible there are cabins being held for gold and silver. But how many would book at a starting price of 10,188 for an 11a for 4? Verandahs would be higher. If they drop the price, those already booked at a higher price will be ticked. I would be.

I would be too... I noticed while looking at the quotes that my fare today was "only" $170 more for a 5A GTY over a 9D booking also made this morning. Feels weird...

Every time I think I'm crazy for paying what I do I see a quote for a family and am humbled... we only get away with the trips we do because its just my husband and I.

I would be too... I noticed while looking at the quotes that my fare today was "only" $170 more for a 5A GTY over a 9D booking also made this morning. Feels weird...

Every time I think I'm crazy for paying what I do I see a quote for a family and am humbled... we only get away with the trips we do because its just my husband and I.
Were kind of in the same boat. It would be my wife and I with our 4 year old, with my daughter, her bf and son paying their portion. But but it would still be about 8 grand for us in the 11a.

Do we think any new songs will be added to the list of Horn tones for the Wish/Triton Class Ships?

I would think something like How Far I'll Go could make it into the rotation.

Do we think any new songs will be added to the list of Horn tones for the Wish/Triton Class Ships?

I would think something like How Far I'll Go could make it into the rotation.
Well, we've learned they can add more simply as a result of the added themed cruises such as Star Wars Day at Sea, so with the electronic tones I'm sure there will be something new.

Well, we've learned they can add more simply as a result of the added themed cruises such as Star Wars Day at Sea, so with the electronic tones I'm sure there will be something new.

True, just one of those extra things that DCL has going for it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter