New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

I absolutely HATE Imagine (and Believe, which is the other name that pops up a lot.)

You can say the Magic, the Wonder, the Dream, the Fantasy, the Wish.

The Imagine or the Believe just sounds awkward and wrong.

I like Enchantment a lot. Or Adventure. Imagination is fine too.

For what it's worth, 6 & 7 are still showing in Meyer Werft's now very sparse order book with scheduled delivery dates of 3/2024 and 3/2025.

A lot of ships got scrapped during COVID.... If demand returns there could be high demand eventually for additional ships.

But it's clear that right now LINES are not ready to start placing orders List of Major Cruise Ships on order (Both of Disney's other ships are on the list)

COVID is still a thing, economic outlook is questionable... so Meyer's schedule is starting to open up.

Last edited:

Josh Demarco just said there are two more ships coming.

Now that I'm retired, we can't afford to go on any Disney cruises anymore, but it's still exciting :tongue: It's a pipe dream, but sure wish their prices would get in line and be more affordable like other lines

Now that I'm retired, we can't afford to go on any Disney cruises anymore, but it's still exciting :tongue: It's a pipe dream, but sure wish their prices would get in line and be more affordable like other lines
Same here. I don't mind spending the dollars when I think I'm getting a good value for the $'s. But when comparing DCL to other cruise lines I can't do that justification anymore. For what DLC want's for a 4A I can get a suite on other lines. Yea, no mouse or dinner shows but the mouse hasn't changed in ages and I prefer to just eat dinner in a quiet atmosphere.

Same here. I don't mind spending the dollars when I think I'm getting a good value for the $'s. But when comparing DCL to other cruise lines I can't do that justification anymore. For what DLC want's for a 4A I can get a suite on other lines. Yea, no mouse or dinner shows but the mouse hasn't changed in ages and I prefer to just eat dinner in a quiet atmosphere.
Could not have said it better! It's a disappointment -- love the rotating restaurants. But our first 10 cruises were Disney, and loved them all and the memories are treasured. But then we did our other cruises on other lines and it was undeniable that you got a lot more bang for your buck on other lines! Sure, the rotating restaurant schedule and live shows are awesome, but other lines have great food, movie theaters, Broadway shows, live string orchestra on the way to dinner, fun activities and amazing buffets. All in a verandah room for (on the average), $10,000 less. Granted, it's an absolutely delightful treat for a family and I don't regret the ones we did, but we realized if we wanted to continue cruising we had to be willing to venture out and away from Disney.

Could not have said it better! It's a disappointment -- love the rotating restaurants. But our first 10 cruises were Disney, and loved them all and the memories are treasured. But then we did our other cruises on other lines and it was undeniable that you got a lot more bang for your buck on other lines! Sure, the rotating restaurant schedule and live shows are awesome, but other lines have great food, movie theaters, Broadway shows, live string orchestra on the way to dinner, fun activities and amazing buffets. All in a verandah room for (on the average), $10,000 less. Granted, it's an absolutely delightful treat for a family and I don't regret the ones we did, but we realized if we wanted to continue cruising we had to be willing to venture out and away from Disney.
I don't know if it would ever work on Disney but I love how on other lines you can choose to not have a set dining time. It's so relaxing! If you want a nice sit down meal, head to one of the "free" dining rooms, or to a speciality restaurant. If you just want a cheeseburger and fries on the pool deck, go there. It really adds to the vacation vibe.

Of course you can still have set dining if you'd like for a more traditional experience. But it is nice to not have to be worried about being at dinner at 8 pm every single night.

Disney does a great job with rotational dining, but not having a set dining time can be liberating.

I don't know if it would ever work on Disney but I love how on other lines you can choose to not have a set dining time. It's so relaxing! If you want a nice sit down meal, head to one of the "free" dining rooms, or to a speciality restaurant. If you just want a cheeseburger and fries on the pool deck, go there. It really adds to the vacation vibe.

Of course you can still have set dining if you'd like for a more traditional experience. But it is nice to not have to be worried about being at dinner at 8 pm every single night.

Disney does a great job with rotational dining, but not having a set dining time can be liberating.
I was on a ship once where since it was a last minute booking we had to take “anytime “ dining since traditional was full … however it was strongly suggested to call and reserve a time and we were always at a time right smack dab between showtime of the theater shows so i never got to see any entertainment as the rest of my party wanted the dining room experience

Updating this thread for posterity that the 6th ship has been announced as the Disney Treasure, with Jasmine/Aladdin/Magic Carpet in the atrium and an overall 'adventure' theme.

One interesting line from the blog post about all the D23 announcements:

"The Disney Treasure is scheduled for delivery in 2024. Following the Disney Wish, which set sail in July, it’s the second of three new ships planned through 2025. The Wish class ships are powered by liquefied natural gas and feature 1,254 guest staterooms."

Notice that the article refers to 'the Wish class ships' -- are they abandoning the Triton class designation, is this just someone who didn't do their research, or was this a conscious choice for the article because they thought calling them Triton class would be confusing?

Updating this thread for posterity that the 6th ship has been announced as the Disney Treasure, with Jasmine/Aladdin/Magic Carpet in the atrium and an overall 'adventure' theme.

"The Disney Treasure is scheduled for delivery in 2024. Following the Disney Wish, which set sail in July, it’s the second of three new ships planned through 2025. The Wish class ships are powered by liquefied natural gas and feature 1,254 guest staterooms."

Notice that the article refers to 'the Wish class ships' -- are they abandoning the Triton class designation, is this just someone who didn't do their research, or was this a conscious choice for the article because they thought calling them Triton class would be confusing?
Often the first ship in a new line is what the class becomes known as... so they might have changed the "class" or maybe someone assumed that was the case?

Hi all -- been offline a while. I see the above post that they have named the 6th ship the Disney Treasure. Any news about the aft character or new restaurants? Thanks much. In the meantime, I will update page one with the new data.

I am surprised that they're doing the Aladdin theme instead of a pirate themed ship.

Last edited:
Hi all -- been offline a while. I see the above post that they have named the 6th ship the Disney Treasure. Any news about the aft character or new restaurants? Thanks much. In the meantime, I will update page one with the new data.

I am surprised that they're doing the Aladdin theme instead of a pirate themed ship.
Just atrium statue & name announced at d23

Our TA said the first offerings should show between 16 and 13 months before initial sailing, What do you think? Or will they arrange it for June, like the Wish so the first cruises to book would show up by January 2023?

I'm more surprise they don't do a full Marvel or Star Wars themed ship... in the end the "theme" pretty much is just Disney. They are luxury ships that tend to be more classic, or what we imagine cruise might have been in the past. With some very moderate Disney Art and music.... and magic.

I do hope there is more difference between the three Triton class ships... more so than there was between the Dream and Fantasy.

Happy New Year All. No posts since October! Any news from anyone who is sailing on the Wish? Or reports on upcoming ships and sailing dates?

Happy New Year All. No posts since October! Any news from anyone who is sailing on the Wish? Or reports on upcoming ships and sailing dates?
Disney Treasure should still be on the way. I'd imagine it will replace the Fantasy and then the Fantasy will either be moved out of PC completely, only do part time in PC or stay in PC but do a different variety of sailings.

Disney just bought the Global Dream from Dream Cruises. It's a partially completed mega ship based in Asia. Disney is going to make it their own and it will sail in and around Asia. Don't think Disney has decided on a name yet. And honestly there's not much else out there about it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter