New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Disney Treasure should still be on the way. I'd imagine it will replace the Fantasy and then the Fantasy will either be moved out of PC completely, only do part time in PC or stay in PC but do a different variety of sailings.

Disney just bought the Global Dream from Dream Cruises. It's a partially completed mega ship based in Asia. Disney is going to make it their own and it will sail in and around Asia. Don't think Disney has decided on a name yet. And honestly there's not much else out there about it.

I'm surprised that Disney bought a ship they didn't design. Interesting.

Happy New Year All. No posts since October! Any news from anyone who is sailing on the Wish? Or reports on upcoming ships and sailing dates?
Not much is publicly happening regarding Triton/Wish #2 and #3.

The Treasure has started construction, but it's still early stages with major assembly not yet underway. I suspect the Treasure won't sail until late 2024, which means it's still too early to glean any schedule information from port bookings and Disney won't start talking about it until much later this year.

For it's future deployment, there are relatively few options because we know it's coming to either Port Canaveral or Port Everglades. In my opinion the most likely option is that it replaces the Fantasy, which in turn moves to Port Everglades year round while the Dream does a 5/5/4 rotation from Canaveral in winter 2024-25. The second most likely option would be having the Treasure go to Everglades and letting the existing ships cover Canaveral. At least until a year later when Triton/Wish #3 shows up and partially scrambles things again.

I don't believe that Triton/Wish #3 has started construction yet; that should happen later this year.

And of course the Global Dream is it's own craziness that should set sail to Asia in (early?) 2025.

I’m really hoping that with 6 ships in the US when the Treasure arrives that Disney starts doing longer cruises as standard.

Instead of 5/5/4 every two weeks why not do 5/5/4 and then follow that by a 10/4. I’m sure they could figure out a way to make that happen either from PC or PE.

I’ll be interested to know what they do with another ship in the summer and if they try for two ships in Europe (but priced better than the Dream was this year 🤪) or have a ship go up to NY and do a summer there

We owned DVC before we had kids, and as much as we all love the parks, the most memorable trip was the Disney Cruise. We still talk about it. Now that they are adults, I am trying to convince them to go again! Any suggestions on which ship or itinerary is best for those of us who are bringing adult kids?

I don't see any signs that Treasure construct has started yet. It isn't scheduled to start sailing till 2024, and Wish only took about a year from Keel Laying to doing trials for Disney. Depending on if they are doing an major redesigns due to input on the Wish... it could be next summer before they even start.

Next word we get should be the Treasure's Keel laying.
Maybe at D23 next year they will offer up some details about Disney's plans for the Global Dream.

I’m really hoping that with 6 ships in the US when the Treasure arrives that Disney starts doing longer cruises as standard.

Instead of 5/5/4 every two weeks why not do 5/5/4 and then follow that by a 10/4. I’m sure they could figure out a way to make that happen either from PC or PE.

I’ll be interested to know what they do with another ship in the summer and if they try for two ships in Europe (but priced better than the Dream was this year 🤪) or have a ship go up to NY and do a summer there
Pre-pandemic, DCL had signed new contracts with a few ports, including San Diego and NYC... The rumor at the time was for a ship to spend pretty much the summer season in NYC to meet the passenger commitment that DCL had made... Not saying that such contract is still in place, and that this is still happening (they may be exploring other markets)... but in my book, this is something I could see DCL giving a try

Not much is publicly happening regarding Triton/Wish #2 and #3.

The Treasure has started construction, but it's still early stages with major assembly not yet underway. I suspect the Treasure won't sail until late 2024, which means it's still too early to glean any schedule information from port bookings and Disney won't start talking about it until much later this year.

For it's future deployment, there are relatively few options because we know it's coming to either Port Canaveral or Port Everglades. In my opinion the most likely option is that it replaces the Fantasy, which in turn moves to Port Everglades year round while the Dream does a 5/5/4 rotation from Canaveral in winter 2024-25. The second most likely option would be having the Treasure go to Everglades and letting the existing ships cover Canaveral. At least until a year later when Triton/Wish #3 shows up and partially scrambles things again.

I don't believe that Triton/Wish #3 has started construction yet; that should happen later this year.

And of course the Global Dream is it's own craziness that should set sail to Asia in (early?) 2025.
Do they have LNG refueling operations at Port Everglades or is it coming? Asking because I can't seem to find any info... and if not, then there is only one place the Treasure can go...

We owned DVC before we had kids, and as much as we all love the parks, the most memorable trip was the Disney Cruise. We still talk about it. Now that they are adults, I am trying to convince them to go again! Any suggestions on which ship or itinerary is best for those of us who are bringing adult kids?

We've done 10 Disney cruises -- my daughter was 9, 10 and 12 for the first three, but the last 5 she was an adult. She loved roaming the ship, exploring the dining options on deck and the pool, and the movie theater. We always had breakfast and dinner together. She still enjoyed the characters and their shows are top notch. Her favorite itineraries were the Med because of all the history. We also very much enjoyed the transatlantic, Gibraltar and Tenerife. Absolutely our favorite memories. After we went to other cruise lines to save money, she didn't cruise as much because she thought those ships were "boring" LOL.

We've only cruised DCL so my only comparison has been conversations with my sisters who've used other cruise lines but from our conversation Disney provides more included entertainment - nightly theater productions, trivia, cinema and fireworks. Dream and Fantasy have large adult areas that people under 18 are not allowed (crew immediately, very nicely, ask the adult to exit the kids). We have only cruised on Disney as adults and it is very easy to avoid small children. Wishes has a small adult pool area but it has a live edge pool plus along the ships sides on the way to the adult bar it has loungers that are for adults only. On Wish we watched that humongous funnel movie thing in the afternoon and the family pools were not as noisy as the older 4 ships. We only do the 3 and 4 day cruises because we like the sea experience and Castaway.

I would recommend to post this question as a separate thread here on the board as this is just a discussion about the ships that are going to be built. You might get more opinions there!

In my opinion, if you want to convince your adult kids, pick an itinerary that will interest them. What do they enjoy? Exploring cities: pick a Med cruise; Natur: Alaska or Northern Europe; Beaches: Caribbean.

The ship is really not that important. All DCL ships have something to love about them (haven't been on the Wish though, but I can't imagine that it is totally horrible!!). If you think about sharing one cabin with the kids, then I would recommend one of the Family staterooms on the Dream and Fantasy as they are a bit larger and will give an adult party more space. Also, some of these have a Murphy bed, so no one has to sleep on the top bunk if only 4 people stay in the cabin.

I would recommend to post this question as a separate thread here on the board as this is just a discussion about the ships that are going to be built. You might get more opinions there!

In my opinion, if you want to convince your adult kids, pick an itinerary that will interest them. What do they enjoy? Exploring cities: pick a Med cruise; Natur: Alaska or Northern Europe; Beaches: Caribbean.

The ship is really not that important. All DCL ships have something to love about them (haven't been on the Wish though, but I can't imagine that it is totally horrible!!). If you think about sharing one cabin with the kids, then I would recommend one of the Family staterooms on the Dream and Fantasy as they are a bit larger and will give an adult party more space. Also, some of these have a Murphy bed, so no one has to sleep on the top bunk if only 4 people stay in the cabin.
The quality of entertainment is a good selling point!

I don't see any signs that Treasure construct has started yet. It isn't scheduled to start sailing till 2024, and Wish only took about a year from Keel Laying to doing trials for Disney. Depending on if they are doing an major redesigns due to input on the Wish... it could be next summer before they even start.

Next word we get should be the Treasure's Keel laying.
Maybe at D23 next year they will offer up some details about Disney's plans for the Global Dream.
In modern cruise ship building there is basically no connection between when the ceremonial keel laying happens and when construction actually starts. While the Wish's keel laying was only 15 months before her maiden voyage, construction actually started around 13 months before that, which was approximately 22 months before the originally planned sail date and 28 months before it actually happened. There is absolutely no way they could wait to start construction until next summer and still get it done by the end of the year less than seven months later.

Do they have LNG refueling operations at Port Everglades or is it coming? Asking because I can't seem to find any info... and if not, then there is only one place the Treasure can go...
Port Everglades hasn't done LNG for cruise ships yet but it's planned and at least 1 other LNG cruise ship is coming there for the winter 2024-25 season.

I'm not banking on a regular rotation of long cruises every 4 weeks, but it seems logical that they could easily do at least a few 9 or 10 day Caribbean sailings each year to make that option available.

I'm guessing Europe for the extra summer ship given the prices they are currently getting there, but NY could be a reasonable option too.

I was just wondering what itinerary does everyone think the treasure will do once it’s here and will the with stay the same

of course it’s only guesses

Maybe Treasure will replace Fantasy
If it does, I sure hope they get back to making the Treasure as appealing for adults as children. We love the adult areas in the Fantasy and I would hate to lose the 7-day Caribbean option to a ship that gives up on appealing to adults as much as the Wish did. There is zero reason a ship can't cater to both groups, as shown by the classic ships. Disney needs to remember who is paying for the trips.

I was just wondering what itinerary does everyone think the treasure will do once it’s here and will the with stay the same

of course it’s only guesses
Treasure will probably do the Fantasy's itineraries and then the Fantasy will move somewhere else in Florida or perhaps to New York.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter