New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

So i'm confused about the different night sailings from Florida. Will the Fantasy on be the only
ship with 7 nights sailing? Will Dream/Wish still stay at 3/4/5? Thanks

We did a B2B on the Wish over NYE. Our server told us the Treasure will take over the Fantasy’s sailings and the Wish will keep doing the 4/3 night sailings to the Bahamas. He didn’t know what the Fantasy will do.

Also, two different CMs on the Wish told us they will start CM training for the Treasure this October.

So i'm confused about the different night sailings from Florida. Will the Fantasy on be the only
ship with 7 nights sailing? Will Dream/Wish still stay at 3/4/5? Thanks

Right now, the Wish is doing 3/4 nights from Port Canaveral. The Fantasy is doing 7 nights from Port Canaveral. The Dream is moving around more. She is doing 4-5 night sailings from Miami right now, but will go to Europe this summer. Then, she will do sailings from Port Everglades.

Past that, it's speculation. The assumption is that the Treasure will take over the Fantasy schedule. So, the Fantasy will most likely move out of PC. Where she will go is anyone's guess.

We did a B2B on the Wish over NYE. Our server told us the Treasure will take over the Fantasy’s sailings and the Wish will keep doing the 4/3 night sailings to the Bahamas. He didn’t know what the Fantasy will do.

Also, two different CMs on the Wish told us they will start CM training for the Treasure this October.
I think the Fantasy will split between Miami, New York, and Europe. The Dream might be the "test run" for that class overseas. I'd be shocked if Disney puts a ship in Europe year round.

What about Galveston? Royal has built a new terminal there and has an Oasis class ship home porting there. MSC is going to build a new terminal and start cruising from there, Carnival and Princess also are cruising from there.

What about Galveston? Royal has built a new terminal there and has an Oasis class ship home porting there. MSC is going to build a new terminal and start cruising from there, Carnival and Princess also are cruising from there.
I forgot about Galveston. I'm sure there will continue to be seasonal sailings from there.

Right now, the Wish is doing 3/4 nights from Port Canaveral. The Fantasy is doing 7 nights from Port Canaveral. The Dream is moving around more. She is doing 4-5 night sailings from Miami right now, but will go to Europe this summer. Then, she will do sailings from Port Everglades.

Past that, it's speculation. The assumption is that the Treasure will take over the Fantasy schedule. So, the Fantasy will most likely move out of PC. Where she will go is anyone's guess.
She will do several sailings out of NYC when she comes back from Europe.
MJ

She will do several sailings out of NYC when she comes back from Europe.
MJ
I forgot about her going to NYC. I wonder if with more ships coming Disney will have more NY sailings. I've sailed out of NYC on another line and it was fun having an extra few days before to sight see.

I’d love to see a southern Carribean itinerary. Any Disney ship…
They currently have a few offered, mostly from San Juan on the magic, but one 10-night on the Fantasy out of Port Canaveral. Southern Caribbean aren't super common, but they do offer them . . .

I forgot about her going to NYC. I wonder if with more ships coming Disney will have more NY sailings. I've sailed out of NYC on another line and it was fun having an extra few days before to sight see.

So easy for us because we don't have to fly to Florida. We recently did the Magic to Canada out of NYC in October. Sailing down the Hudson is so beautiful!

We LOVE sailing out of NYC. The parking costs can be prohibitive, but for us it's just a 2 hour drive....no flying needed and we love that. We've sailed north out of NY to Canada, and south to Bermuda. Also sailed one way from Quebec into NYC.....all on other cruise lines. It's a great sail -- going past the Statue of Liberty or Fort Wadsworth is very exciting. We even sailed past the fort one year and they were having a concert and the music was beautiful. I do wish Disney would do more NYC departures, but still probably won't be able to afford them!

So easy for us because we don't have to fly to Florida. We recently did the Magic to Canada out of NYC in October. Sailing down the Hudson is so beautiful!
I've done it on NCL. Very cool to sail right down the river with the skyline and then by the Statue of Liberty. IIRC, the Magic spent a summer in NYC years ago.

On our cruise on the Wonder last week, we were talking to our servers about the new ships, and the massive ship Disney purchased came up. Our server said there will be a lot of differences with the Disney-built ships, specifically that this purchased ship will not have rotational dining.

Every crew member we talked to spoke about the staffing issues the company is having with bringing so many new ships on board, and that's why many crew members 'contracts now run 6-9 months (and vacation between contracts has dropped to 4-6 weeks).

As a Florida resident, I sure hope we don't really lose 7 day itineraries on the "good ships." If the Treasure ends up just like the Wish and I can't imagine she won't, I don't know what we will do. We love the 7 day trips, but I really do not like the Wish. She's fine for short cruises, but the lack of the walking track would put me out on the longer trips. This is really a bad scenario, because we love DCL.

I think the Fantasy will split between Miami, New York, and Europe. The Dream might be the "test run" for that class overseas. I'd be shocked if Disney puts a ship in Europe year round.
I don’t think they’d put a ship in Europe year round either. However they could definitely extend their Europe season by a couple of weeks each end with more ships. Or have two in Europe - one doing Northern Europe and one doing the Med. (think they’d have to drop their prices a bit to make that work though.)

And then just have a different ship do cruises from NY, potentially over the summer as well rather than just September/October.

I don’t think they’d put a ship in Europe year round either. However they could definitely extend their Europe season by a couple of weeks each end with more ships. Or have two in Europe - one doing Northern Europe and one doing the Med. (think they’d have to drop their prices a bit to make that work though.)

And then just have a different ship do cruises from NY, potentially over the summer as well rather than just September/October.
Yes, I would love to see two ships in Europe. Early fall in the Med would be wonderful as well as June with the very long days in Europe. Unfortunately currently DCL starts in the Med and then moves North.

On our cruise on the Wonder last week, we were talking to our servers about the new ships, and the massive ship Disney purchased came up. Our server said there will be a lot of differences with the Disney-built ships, specifically that this purchased ship will not have rotational dining.

Every crew member we talked to spoke about the staffing issues the company is having with bringing so many new ships on board, and that's why many crew members 'contracts now run 6-9 months (and vacation between contracts has dropped to 4-6 weeks).
I wouldn’t take rumors regarding the new ships from the cast too seriously, as they’re usually the last to find out things. I’m not surprised regarding the staffing issues though.

I’m really hoping that with 6 ships in the US when the Treasure arrives that Disney starts doing longer cruises as standard.

Instead of 5/5/4 every two weeks why not do 5/5/4 and then follow that by a 10/4. I’m sure they could figure out a way to make that happen either from PC or PE.

I’ll be interested to know what they do with another ship in the summer and if they try for two ships in Europe (but priced better than the Dream was this year 🤪) or have a ship go up to NY and do a summer there
I too like the longer cruises. I’m going on a 4 day because I can’t find a 7 day that fit into the week I was available.
But if you put price aside I could have booked a B2B to make it longer. But then I get repeat ports.
I feel you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter