New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Yea, the atrium is all we’ve seen so far. Can’t even see what the atrium restaurant is.

Obviously this is just a computer generated video. The blue color scheme does seem very dark. Will really have tp wait and see the actual atrium to decide if it is really this dark looking. Disney does seem to take great liberties when creating these videos and photos.

I like the darker atrium. It reminds me of Walt’s Restaurant at Disneyland Paris. The restaurant is on Main Street and has rooms that are decorated in Victorian style fitting with the theme of the different lands (Discoveryland is actually art nouveau not Victorian as that fits with the theme of being more modern/forward). The restaurant is absolutely gorgeous! Especially the Adventureland room which has a tent structure in it. This article has some good pictures:
https://dlpreport.com/walts-an-american-restaurant/

I have high hopes for the Treasure! If they pick up on that room from Walt’s the ship will be stunning!

I think the darker atrium looks gorgeous! Rich and inviting colors.

I agree. The Wish, with all the white in the Grand Hall, is a little too sterile-looking IMO.

One would think that more details about the Treasure should be coming soon.

Last edited:
I took a transplant recipient, who couldn’t stand the cold after the surgery. It would’ve made it so much nicer of a trip if we could actually have sat there and watched the scenery. I would love if they could make more places for viewing.
I was very upset when they took away that nice indoor viewing area for the general public and redid it for Concierge only. Especially for Alaska sailings!!!

MJ

We LOVE sailing out of NYC. The parking costs can be prohibitive, but for us it's just a 2 hour drive....no flying needed and we love that. We've sailed north out of NY to Canada, and south to Bermuda. Also sailed one way from Quebec into NYC.....all on other cruise lines. It's a great sail -- going past the Statue of Liberty or Fort Wadsworth is very exciting. We even sailed past the fort one year and they were having a concert and the music was beautiful. I do wish Disney would do more NYC departures, but still probably won't be able to afford them!

We loved the Quebec to NY sailing. Wish we had more time to spend in Quebec first but only went up the day before the cruise. We live in NY, outside of Manhattan, so rented cars one way to Quebec and then had family pick us up back in NYC. The small ports we visited were so nice and the people so welcoming.

I agree. The Wish, with all the white in the Grand Hall, is a little too sterile-looking IMO.

One would think that more details about the Treasure should be coming soon.
I’m glad I’m not the only one who thinks this!! I was very underwhelmed as it looked beautiful in photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter