New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

I was hoping when I heard Villains we'd get the "queen" Villains especially Maleficent. Sounds like it will at least have Cruella de Vil. Hoping they made a Villians bar or a dark/villains room theme.

Lion King is not at all what I think of when I hear Heroes and Villians.

As a price conscious cruiser, I'm excited to see 3 new ships launching within a ~12-month period, with the Treasure, Destiny, and Adventure all setting sail.

I just priced out a 1-bedroom Concierge room on the Treasure, and it was $35k for a February 2025 sail date. $5k/night. I'd be shocked if DCL will be able to keep that pricing level once they nearly double their passenger capacity with the launch of these 3 ships.
You could also save a lot not booking concierge!

As a price conscious cruiser, I'm excited to see 3 new ships launching within a ~12-month period, with the Treasure, Destiny, and Adventure all setting sail.

I just priced out a 1-bedroom Concierge room on the Treasure, and it was $35k for a February 2025 sail date. $5k/night. I'd be shocked if DCL will be able to keep that pricing level once they nearly double their passenger capacity with the launch of these 3 ships.
The booking window for early 2025 Treasure sailings have been open for a while. I booked 7 night Western Caribbean Deluxe Family oceanview for late Feb 2025 for $4.4K with my placeholder.

I can see the new ship sailing out of Port Everglades. Hercules would work for MDR like Frozen and Coco are for Wish and Treasure

You could also save a lot not booking concierge!

The choice for us is 2 veranda rooms or a 1-bedroom Concierge because we can't fit 5 in a single cabin. And the 1-bedroom Concierge is directionally the same price as 2 veranda rooms (though Concierge prices on the Treasure are a bit high at the moment), so we would just go Concierge with future bookings.

"Price-conscious cruiser"

>> Shops for 1-bedroom concierge

The choice for us is 2 veranda rooms or a 1-bedroom Concierge because we can't fit 5 in a single cabin. And the 1-bedroom Concierge is directionally the same price as 2 veranda rooms (though Concierge prices on the Treasure are a bit high at the moment), so we would just go Concierge with future bookings.

Unless you are looking at two concierge verandas, a 1-bedrom concierge is significantly more money - probably double - than booking two connecting oceanview veranda cabins.

More interested about what itineraries they are going to operate with the Destiny. We know the Dream is now going to stay in Fort Lauderdale and run to Castaway and Lookout. The Magic is going to rotate around the Caribbean. The Fantasy is likely going to be summering in Europe and wintering out of Florida. The Wonder seems to be locked in on the Pacific, and the Adventure is going to serve the Orient.

My instinct is that Lookout Cay /Lighthouse Point is rather underutilized with their current schedule. I could see the Destiny taking over the Wish's 4/3 schedule for volume to meet the desires of people wanting to sail the new ship, and the Wish then doing Dream-like trips, with lots of 5 nighters to Castaway and Lookout out of Port Canaveral, because Disney now needs to run three ships out of PC most of the time. Then the Fantasy will join the Dream in Port Everglades, as the Disney/Port Everglades agreement calls for 750k passengers each year, again probably running 4 or 5 night cruises in the fall, winter and early spring. The Magic will then bounce around to Galveston, New Orleans, Puerto Rico and some other origin ports throughout the year...

Unless you are looking at two concierge verandas, a 1-bedrom concierge is significantly more money - probably double - than booking two connecting oceanview veranda cabins.
I just looked at two verandas on the Dream for a Marvel Day at Sea sailing compared to a 1-bedroom, and the 1-bedroom concierge is only 6.8% more expensive for us. But on the Treasure, it's 33% more expensive.

And yes, our choices are only connecting veranda rooms or 1-bedroom concierge. Everything else is either too small or too expensive for us.

Villains was a good choice, as I've heard so many folk pining for more of them in the parks and such! I'm less enthusiastic about "heroes" as I have marvel fatigue already... but I'm probably in the minority there. On the surface its a pretty basic concept, but I'm looking forward to seeing what all they do with it!

I was just coming here to say the same thing! Villains bar! Villains restaurant! Villains-themed show!
And while I know the Pirate Party is iconic, you will make me SO HAPPY if there is a Villains Party!
Villains party would be so much fun!

Even if they just made it a HOTHS thing replacing Pirate Night for those sailings only.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter