New Disney Ships: News, Rumors, Speculation.....and Names!

Disney Magic:
  • Galveston/San Juan/Port Everglades
    • Bahamas and Caribbean year round
Disney Wonder:
  • San Diego/Vancouver/Melbourne
    • Mexico Jan-April; Alaska May-Sept; Australia Oct-Dec
Disney Dream:
  • Port Everglades/San Diego
    • Bahamas/Caribbean Jan-May, Oct-Dec; Mexico May-Sept
Disney Fantasy:
  • Port Canaveral/Barcelona/Dover/New York
    • Bahamas/Caribbean Jan-May; Europe May-Sept; Bermuda/Canada Oct; Bahamas/Caribbean Nov-Dec
Disney Wish:
  • Port Everglades
    • Bahamas/Caribbean year round
Disney Treasure:
  • Port Canaveral
    • Caribbean year round
Disney Destiny:
  • Port Canaveral
    • Bahamas year round

Disney Magic:
  • Galveston/San Juan/Port Everglades
    • Bahamas and Caribbean year round
Disney Wonder:
  • San Diego/Vancouver/Melbourne
    • Mexico Jan-April; Alaska May-Sept; Australia Oct-Dec
Disney Dream:
  • Port Everglades/San Diego
    • Bahamas/Caribbean Jan-May, Oct-Dec; Mexico May-Sept
Disney Fantasy:
  • Port Canaveral/Barcelona/Dover/New York
    • Bahamas/Caribbean Jan-May; Europe May-Sept; Bermuda/Canada Oct; Bahamas/Caribbean Nov-Dec
Disney Wish:
  • Port Everglades
    • Bahamas/Caribbean year round
Disney Treasure:
  • Port Canaveral
    • Caribbean year round
Disney Destiny:
  • Port Canaveral
    • Bahamas year round
I like that this scenario would have the Dream doing a Panama Canal cruise on the way to San Diego!

Disney will either:
* replace the Wonder (as is) with the Fantasy OR Dream;
* replace the Wonder with the Fantasy OR Dream, operating Alaska May-Sep, operating San Diego March-April & October, doing Panama Canal each way & operating FLL/PC the rest of the year (and dropping Australia, which won't be surprising when the subsidies run out)

But I doubt we'll see two ships in San Diego again.

Do people think the Disney treasure will continue the 7 night Caribbean cruises from PC once the destiny is out. I really hope so as I never planned to go until 2026 on the treasure

Do people think the Disney treasure will continue the 7 night Caribbean cruises from PC once the destiny is out. I really hope so as I never planned to go until 2026 on the treasure

Can't see the Treasure only doing those itineraries for approximately a year. It's probably more likely Destiny takes over for the Wish, if it doesn't homeport in Fort Lauderdale.

Can't see the Treasure only doing those itineraries for approximately a year. It's probably more likely Destiny takes over for the Wish, if it doesn't homeport in Fort Lauderdale.
That’s good. I think the theming off the treasure so far looks better for what we like. Coco dinner shows, moana show, so far I’m much more excited for the treasure

Disney will either:
* replace the Wonder (as is) with the Fantasy OR Dream;
* replace the Wonder with the Fantasy OR Dream, operating Alaska May-Sep, operating San Diego March-April & October, doing Panama Canal each way & operating FLL/PC the rest of the year (and dropping Australia, which won't be surprising when the subsidies run out)

But I doubt we'll see two ships in San Diego again.
I think the Wonder will continue to do what she's doing now, but Disney will send the Dream to San Diego during the summer months.

I would love that too! I've always wanted to go on a Panama Canal cruise.

The Dream class ships have never been to the Pacific Ocean so it would give West Coast cruisers a new ship.
Panama Canal cruise is awesome! Just did one in January (not DCL, on Princess) and it was amazing. If you can, do the historic locks, so cool (though DCL ships are too big for those, I believe).

I think the Wonder will continue to do what she's doing now, but Disney will send the Dream to San Diego during the summer months.

The CA coast is known for its intense cloud coverage during the summer months. Locally, we refer to it as May Grey, June Gloom, No Sky July and Fogust. There's a reason that summer sees the fewest calls of the year. While FL-based itineraries will see more rain, most people will take the warmth and sunshine over CA-based chilly weather.

IMO, DCL will serve LA/SD only during spring break and possibility September - October. I'd love to see Disney have a ship here more often, but with RCL adding a second, Quantum-class ship and MSC entering LA, now isn't the time.

No one knows for certain though it seems likely... if they have the Destiny take over the same ol' route then that seals us probably not sailing on her for the first five years or longer. These cruises are too expensive for anyone who isn't from Florida, a CM, or military to do the same thing again and again and again on with only minor differences in the ships.

Do you think the Wonder will still be sailing in Alaska in 2026? I want to get to do that special ship and am planning on Treasure in 2025.... but maybe need to rethink?

Do you think the Wonder will still be sailing in Alaska in 2026? I want to get to do that special ship and am planning on Treasure in 2025.... but maybe need to rethink?
No reason to think Disney won't keep sending the Wonder to Alaska. Someone can correct me but I believe she is the only ship that is properly prepared for the Alaska weather.

I do think you can hold out for Wonder 2026. I anticipate advance warning/ rumors when before they change ships to Alaska.

Disney has been fairly slow to do big shake-ups to itineraries.

The best news - years out - comes from Castaway Club parties for Gold+ on the longer cruises.

That’s where Alaska and Bermuda were brought up. Last year, it was talk of South America. A few years from now, Magic or Dream could be sailing South (I doubt the newest ships).

Until Gatun Lake maintains water sufficient for non-essential vessels, I don’t see a good reason to pay for priority lock usage. Yes, other cruises still are doing transits (at least partial).

(Yes, I have said much of this before. Maybe in this thread, even.)

Disney has been fairly slow to do big shake-ups to itineraries.

The best news - years out - comes from Castaway Club parties for Gold+ on the longer cruises.

That’s where Alaska and Bermuda were brought up. Last year, it was talk of South America. A few years from now, Magic or Dream could be sailing South (I doubt the newest ships).

Until Gatun Lake maintains water sufficient for non-essential vessels, I don’t see a good reason to pay for priority lock usage. Yes, other cruises still are doing transits (at least partial).

(Yes, I have said much of this before. Maybe in this thread, even.)
I'd bet the Dream or Fantasy. For some reason, they've stopped having the Magic do more "exotic" sailings

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter