New DVC Ticket Deal

Problem with that is if a DVC member bought the tickets for guests and is not traveling with the guests, only the ticket purchaser will be able to go to Guest Services. So, it' worth exactly $400 per ticket to worry about, so definitely "worth" it. That said, I bought these tickets myself, and am going to GS in person to ask if there is anything I need to "pick up" or if they need "activated" in any way and will report back. Unfortunately I'm not using them until March so can't confirm if they will actually work. Hopefully someone here can test this out here shortly.
I don't know that Guest Services will be able to give you any better answer. It's exceeding common to get three different answers from two different CMs. What we do know is that DVC Annual Passes and Military tickets have to be activated at Guest Services before they can be used to enter the park. I can't think of any other ticket that requires activation. Until someone reports back about using these tickets without a stop at Guest Services, we won't really know if these tickets require activation or not.

I've picked up MVMCP tickets at DAK GS, so i would think any GS can print any will call ticket.

The Guest service locations that will definitely be able to handle your pick up are at the gates to the 4 theme parks and the one additional full service location in Downtown Disney.

The waterpark booths are also equipped to handle most ticket issues, though they don't like to advertise this, so don't count on it.

The Guest services locations within the hotels, also known as the concierge desk, typically cannot handle anything beyond the basic pass purchase and upgrade (to add days, convert to park hopper etc.) It used to be they didn't handle APs either - but this may have changed. Not sure if it's a training issue or perhaps access to specific areas of the software. However, it never hurts to ask if you're passing by as you check in.

Thanks for the information, I will definitely be purchasing these tickets for our girls trip in March :banana:.

If they are the only ticket in your account, I would just try to enter the park. If you can't get in, then go to guest relations unless you have the extra time to check before you go to a park.

Not worth worrying about or wasting time on IMO.

The only consistent thing at Disney is the lack of consistency. :goodvibes

:earsboy: Bill

That's for sure!

I'm buying for myself, DH, DD, and my parents, but we are all going together in December, so it's not a problem for us to go to will call if necessary.

I will be using these tickets in a week. I plan to pick up the hard tickets. I think its always recommended to have the hard ticket with you in case your band does not work properly. I would much rather have them incase there's an issue, although I don't expect I will need them.

I had no trouble linking them to my magic band and no trouble making FP+ reservations. A week away from my trip and I was able to secure everything with decent times except TSM and the Mine train. Oh yeah - and Elsa and Anna, which I really don't care about.

I was going to head over to Universal originally, but this was clearly a deal so I caved and bought it. Putting Universal on hold yet again.

It's good to know they can be used for people outside your family.

That's great to know. I will be doing our FP+ next week and I really don't expect to get the Mine train. Guess we'll just plan to stand in line at rope drop. Happy Anniversary!

For us, no BIGGIE...If I do have to go to MS at first park entry, fine! Hoping though that I was given the correct info and we don't have to physically go to Guest Services on your first day...Just a pain!:worried:

My issue is a BIGGER ONE.. By now, this DVC 4 day ticket has been "out there" at least a week, maybe 2! There should be ONE POLICY that is communicated properly to members by all MS reps! Doesn't mean much to me having a written response from a chat session. In the last year, found a MS rep to be totally incorrect in a chat session.. Yes, subsequent to the inaccurate information given in a written chat session brought the problem to Member Satisfaction team. The Member Satisfaction did research the written chat session and the information given to me was INCORRECT!:furious:

Has ANYONE recently used the 4 day DVC ticket??????
Did you have to go to Guest Relations first or were they automatically "linked' to you MagicBand as I was told?

TIA!:)

Totally agree with you!:thumbsup2

I have read posts from several people who have purchased these tickets and linked them to magic bands. They were able to make their FP+ selections, so I think we should be able to enter on just the MBs, but we'll see. Hopefully, someone will visit the parks soon and report back about this. Like I said, I don't have a problem picking up the hard copies, but it could be a problem for people who aren't traveling with members.

That's a shame, I hope he's okay. He helped so many people understand the compicated systems Disney uses and why things are the way they are.
pixiedust:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3255373&page=3
I will be using these tickets in a week. I plan to pick up the hard tickets. I think its always recommended to have the hard ticket with you in case your band does not work properly. I would much rather have them incase there's an issue, although I don't expect I will need them.
For the love of all things holy, please try entering the park first (without picking up the hard tickets) just to end the suspense :)
I don't know that Guest Services will be able to give you any better answer. It's exceeding common to get three different answers from two different CMs. What we do know is that DVC Annual Passes and Military tickets have to be activated at Guest Services before they can be used to enter the park. I can't think of any other ticket that requires activation. Until someone reports back about using these tickets without a stop at Guest Services, we won't really know if these tickets require activation or not.
Agree with DVC MS YMMV, but GS are literally are the gatekeepers so should know. DVC MS told me same thing -- only AP is needed to be activated since it requires each ticketholder be present to show ID with address matching the DVC member address. That said, agree the proof is in the pudding.

That's great to know. I will be doing our FP+ next week and I really don't expect to get the Mine train. Guess we'll just plan to stand in line at rope drop. Happy Anniversary!

Thanks! :good vibes

I'll be rope dropping for mine train too, but I did get it on my MNSSHP ticket several months ago. One ride is not going to be enough :thumbsup2

We are hoping to take advantage of this ticket offer for our trip at the end of December. One question: we have magic bands from our trip in June- can we re-use those to link these tickets to? How does that work? How does MDE know to put them on these magic bands. Another question: my 9 year old has lost her magic band from the June trip, so I will have to obtain another one. How do I do this? Can I purchase one online? If so, where? Thanks!

We are hoping to take advantage of this ticket offer for our trip at the end of December. One question: we have magic bands from our trip in June- can we re-use those to link these tickets to? How does that work? How does MDE know to put them on these magic bands. Another question: my 9 year old has lost her magic band from the June trip, so I will have to obtain another one. How do I do this? Can I purchase one online? If so, where? Thanks!

Nothing is on you MB's everything is in your MDE account. The band accesses your account.

You will receive new bands with your next Disney vacation if you are staying onsite.

Nothing is on you MB's everything is in your MDE account. The band accesses your account.

You will receive new bands with your next Disney vacation if you are staying onsite.

DISNEYNUTZ: ah, that makes sense about the MDE acct. This will be our first DVC trip assuming we pass ROFR; our contract was sent to Disney 4 days ago! :cool1: Do you still get bands with DVC reservations? Not sure exactly how the DVC reservation process works. Thanks!

DISNEYNUTZ: ah, that makes sense about the MDE acct. This will be our first DVC trip assuming we pass ROFR; our contract was sent to Disney 4 days ago! :cool1: Do you still get bands with DVC reservations? Not sure exactly how the DVC reservation process works. Thanks!

MB's are a Disney thing, not DVC so it's the same as a cash reservation that you are used to. ADR's are also the same.

You may get a discount on admission tickets and/or AP's. There are also some dining and shopping discounts. After getting access to the member website, do yourself a favor and take the time to review the entire site.

Just spoke with a rep from MDE and he said the following. He seemed VERY INFORMED.

I asked the question if I purchase the 4 day ticket for a family member who would be staying OFFSITE AND THEY DO NOT HAVE MAGIC BANDS FROM A FORMER ON SITE DISNEY STAY, could they do the following?
1. If they have a friend/relative who can purchase a magic band at Disney(cost $13.80 including tax), have it ACTIVATED at the gift shop where it is purchased, and ship it up to my relative.
2. I purchase the 2 tickets with my membership via credit card and give my relative the confirmation number.
3. Once they receive magic band, "link" number from magic band into MDE.
4. Enter confirmation # into MDE.
5. Make Fastpass reservations 30 days in advance of the day they want to go to the first park day. Then 30 days in advance of the next park day, to the same and enter Fastpass.

The rep from MDE, said their fastpasses will be linked to their magic bands as long as the magic bands mailed were ACTIVATED.
NO NEED for my relatives to meet me at Guest Services at the First Park!

I asked my relative to verify the information I just gave her BEFORE I go ahead and purchase the ticket. My "reservation" was that I had to physically be there at first use and if my trip got cancelled it would be a problem.
Doesn't seem to be any problem.:thumbsup2

Any one else have any additional information! THANKS!:)

Congrats! Yes, you get MBs with *every* DVC reservation which is actually quite annoying. They don't mail them until you confirm the address, but even if you don't confirm the order, they are waiting for you when you arrive (grey ones). So, you end up with one MB per stay. We have 3 separate reservations this stay so are getting 3 MBs and get MBs every year for DVC APS so have probably 6-7 MBs each in just under a year. It's ridiculous -- only beat by the WDW packages they send every time you book a DVC reservation -- if you cancel and rebook rooms around the 7 mos window you end up with dozens of them. Major Disney #fail on both accounts. BTW, keep in mind the timelines involved:
  1. Contracts sent to Disney for ROFR (30 days)
  2. Sale approved by Disney, closing docs prepared (10-14 days)
  3. Closing documents emailed to buyer and seller
  4. Sale closed, sent to Disney for transfer (10-14 days)
  5. Seller's proceeds disbursed after transfer
  6. Disney will mail membership # to new owners (7-10 days)
Just spoke with a rep from MDE and he said the following. He seemed VERY INFORMED.

I asked the question if I purchase the 4 day ticket for a family member who would be staying OFFSITE AND THEY DO NOT HAVE MAGIC BANDS FROM A FORMER ON SITE DISNEY STAY, could they do the following?
1. If they have a friend/relative who can purchase a magic band at Disney(cost $13.80 including tax), have it ACTIVATED at the gift shop where it is purchased, and ship it up to my relative.
2. I purchase the 2 tickets with my membership via credit card and give my relative the confirmation number.
3. Once they receive magic band, "link" number from magic band into MDE.
4. Enter confirmation # into MDE.
5. Make Fastpass reservations 30 days in advance of the day they want to go to the first park day. Then 30 days in advance of the next park day, to the same and enter Fastpass.

The rep from MDE, said their fastpasses will be linked to their magic bands as long as the magic bands mailed were ACTIVATED.
NO NEED for my relatives to meet me at Guest Services at the First Park!

I asked my relative to verify the information I just gave her BEFORE I go ahead and purchase the ticket. My "reservation" was that I had to physically be there at first use and if my trip got cancelled it would be a problem.
Doesn't seem to be any problem.:thumbsup2

Any one else have any additional information! THANKS!:)
This is basically just a permutation of linking the tickets to MDE (which implicitly links them to MB), so doesn't really resolve the debate if the resulting tickets will work without being "activated" -- which the proof is in the pudding so someone needs to just try using these without picking them up at GS and confirm.

Just returned from WDW last week. I bought two DVC promo tickets for my nonmember DD and her husband. The tickets were purchased through member services over the phone prior to our departure. Once purchased, they were activated and I was given one confimation number for both tickets. I then had them go into their My Disney Experience account and add the confirmation number to their "link tickets" section. Both tickets were then linked to my daughter and son in law. They both showed up on their accounts as being assigned to them. Intrestingly though, it said that they could reasign the tickets before their first use (once used they cannot be reassigned). Once they began using the tickets, it showed how many days were reaming on their MDE page. We did not physically go to guest services to activate the tickets. The only problem we encountered was that they were only allowed to make one day's worth of fast passes (for the first day. After that, it said " you have reached your limit". A call to Customer service revealed that they were aware of this problem and were attempting to fix the "glitch". Once they used one day they were able to make fast pass selections for the rest of the trip. Other than that, the ticket worked as advertised and was a very good deal (we didn't park hop). No complaints from me.

Just returned from WDW last week. I bought two DVC promo tickets for my nonmember DD and her husband. The tickets were purchased through member services over the phone prior to our departure. Once purchased, they were activated and I was given one confimation number for both tickets. I then had them go into their My Disney Experience account and add the confirmation number to their "link tickets" section. Both tickets were then linked to my daughter and son in law. They both showed up on their accounts as being assigned to them. Intrestingly though, it said that they could reasign the tickets before their first use (once used they cannot be reassigned). Once they began using the tickets, it showed how many days were reaming on their MDE page. We did not physically go to guest services to activate the tickets. The only problem we encountered was that they were only allowed to make one day's worth of fast passes (for the first day. After that, it said " you have reached your limit". A call to Customer service revealed that they were aware of this problem and were attempting to fix the "glitch". Once they used one day they were able to make fast pass selections for the rest of the trip. Other than that, the ticket worked as advertised and was a very good deal (we didn't park hop). No complaints from me.

THANKS for posting!:thumbsup2
GREAT news about not having to physically go to GS!:banana:
Just to clarify, did you mean that a problem was originally encountered when they tried to make 4 days worth of FP right after linking the confirmation number in MDE?
I purchased the ticket recently and had no problem making 4 days of FP at once!:thumbsup2 Happy to hear that there were NO MAJOR GLITCHES!:banana::)

We did not physically go to guest services to activate the tickets.
Thank you for the first-hand report. That should settle the debate about the member needing to be present to activate the tickets.

I ordered our DVC promo tickets ONLINE through the link on MS website last Saturday and was given a choice of Will Call or free standard shipping. I chose standard shipping, was given a confirmation number for the order. Tickets were automatically linked to MDE. I was able to make FP+ selections the other day for all four of our days. Just received the tickets in the mail today. Even though the tickets are linked to our magic bands, I still like to have hard copies, just in case.;)

Used the tix last week for myself & DH. Ordered & assigned the numbers to MDE.

we already had leftover non expiry MYW tix, which was the root of our problems during the week. Appears as though the system automatically deducts the tix with the least # of days. It is a known problem that they are trying to fix.

Unfortunately, we also ran into last years' MNSSHP issue wherein those who enter the party after 4 pm but make FP+, find themselves unable to book one day on their primary ticket media...the system counts the party day against the FP+ entitlement. It's been over a year of working on that resolution with no relief in sight.

became the norm that when we entered a park the non expiry tixs were used vs the DVC special ones.:headache: First day we waited a half hour outside epcot (I wanted to try to designate the tix being utilized that day before entering the park, but was told to just enter then stand inside at GS again to verify.:confused3).

Another 20 min spent at GS, then routed over to the Magic Band area next door where it took a solid hour to try and fix with multiple CM, phone calls & experts called in to assist.:rolleyes1 note that DH & I had to produce driver's licenses, DVC cards & magic bands. The did manage to reinstate the MYW tix and deduct the DVC one day.

the next day we were doing MNSSHP & advised not to wear our bands, only to utilize the tix at 4 pm. that worked well. we were able to book FP+ after 4 pm with the party tix.

our 3rd day we entered MGM. Again, the MYW tix were deducted. I didn't bother to check until the next day inside MK @ GS. Note that two days were deducted from the MYW tix at that point:rolleyes:

got it fixed and double checked before we left that all our MYW tix were still intact and that the DVC tix were utilized. I found it irritating to go thru this on a short visit to the parks. those with a more laid-back personality might view it differently.

I am on the fence as to buying them for my oldest son's family to use since I will not be traveling with them & they also have existing non-expiry MYW tix already linked to their accounts.

we were told that once a MYW tix is linked to your account it is non-assignable or remove-able. too bad, as it would be a simple fix for the issues we experienced imo.

thanks. DH has an unused 2day MYW ticket that I can assign. Now I am going to have MS off his MDE/MB prior to loaded the DVC ticket, so we don't go through the same ordeal.

That's odd that they could not make FP...I did just last week and was able to do more than one day for my upcoming November trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter