New Feature! Ignore Thread

I have my preferences set to not receive any alerts, even for threads I start. When I log into DISboards I can see whether I have any responses, and that’s enough for me.

That's what I do as well. Honestly, while I am happy for those who will use the feature, I find that I can ignore threads on my own easily enough. If I am not interested in the topic, I don't click on it. If I know the poster is a troll, I just skip it. Or, you know, maybe I want to read it and engage anyway. 😉

There should be a function that automatically locks threads after being inactive after a set period of time. This would allow those threads to still be read, as they may contain good info but then no one can reply to them. This way they would still remain in SERPS and drive traffic but eliminate the issue of zombi threads where the original poster hasnt been active for a number of years.
Yes. Sometimes someone will reply and then again and again, 2 pages later, someone will notice "hey the 8 year old who might need a stroller " thread , Is now 20 years old and can probably deal with the walking now.

This is a great addition to The DIS - I’m not sure how much I’ll use it, but I think it’s a great idea.
Thanks Corey!

How do you UNignore a thread? Say you Ignored a thread because of a certain poster or topic. Then you hear that the poster got banned and the thread is back on course. Or, as happens on the DIS, the topic changes course and you hear it suddenly becomes really interesting and you want to jump in on it. :hyper:

I just Ignored a thread on the Test Board and I can't find it again to UNignore it. :teleport:

I listen.

I’ve witnessed and heard that many would rather ignore an entire thread instead of an individual user. I just added the ability for you to ignore an entire thread. I’m still experimenting, but please let me know your thoughts. Also, don’t ignore this thread. :-)
When reading the first couple of sentences, I was looking around for the new button and was just about to click it to test it out until....I saw your last line :D :D :D Probably a good idea not to put this thread on ignore

How do you UNignore a thread? Say you Ignored a thread because of a certain poster or topic. Then you hear that the poster got banned and the thread is back on course. Or, as happens on the DIS, the topic changes course and you hear it suddenly becomes really interesting and you want to jump in on it. :hyper:

I just Ignored a thread on the Test Board and I can't find it again to UNignore it. :teleport:
If you click on "Your Account" there is an option called "Ignoring." There you can manage everything you've ignored, including forums, tags, and conversation starters.

I tried it out on a thread and I got an “Unignore” button in place of the “Ignore” one. :confused3

I tried it out on a thread and I got an “Unignore” button in place of the “Ignore” one. :confused3
I tested on a couple threads. Another way is after the thread is ignored it can be unignored if you click the link at the bottom of the thread list, ;Show ignored content'. You could then click the thread and unignore it. If the page is refreshed, your remaining ignores, threads and posters, are then active again. Or, Corey's way above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter