New here - need help with flipping my image

cantwait2008

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

A quick thanks for all the great info and designs on this board! I have just started my designing and I am having a ton of fun (soooo addicting!), but I have run into a problem.

I don't have photoshop or photoimpact so I have been using Word to design my images. I am very pleased with how they are coming out, but I cannot figure out a way to flip the image. I don't seem to have an option to print a "flipped" under printer options.

I am working on a Mac computer (OS X) and consider myself to be very computer literate, so if anyone has an idea of what I could do....

I have also tried saving the image as a pdf and trying to flip it in Adobe Acrobat....but that doesn't seem to work either....

Any ideas???

TIA!

P.S. we leave in 2 weeks!!!WOOHOO!!!! :cheer2:

I found this in the 'help' section of Word.

Flip an object
Select the AutoShape, picture, clip art, or WordArt that you want to flip.
On the Drawing toolbar, click Draw, point to Rotate or Flip, and then click Flip Horizontal or Flip Vertical .

Thanks...I tried it, but it will only let me flip my word art, it won't let me flip my clipart (images from desktop).....I would love to find a way to just flip the whole thing at once.....

hmmmm.....this is driving me up a wall....lol :badpc:

My printer has an option to reverse an image. You really have to search for it though. Go under properties and play around. Mine actually has a T-shirt option that auto flips it. Good luck.

Deb

Before you insert your clipart, can you open it in 'Paint' and flip the image that way, save it, and then insert it into your Word document?

this is how to flip an image in word

right click on the image and choose image properties

click on the size tab and find out the width of the image you want to flip

then choose layout and then make sure the text wrap is behind text

then click ok

click on the picture - there will be 8 dots - place your mouse over the right middle dot and you will get a two way arrow

left click on the dot and drag it to the left crossing over the dot on the other left side - you only need to drag it about an inch past it -

you will now have a reversed but very narrow image - now right click on the picture and choose image properties -

click on the size tab and make sure the lock aspect ration is not clicked -

then set the width to the original width size of the image you found out in the first step

then choose ok
you should now have a reversed image

on printer properties type of paper - is there an option for transfers or iron ons? if you choose it I *think* it automatically flips your image when printing. I didnt realize it did that and clicked it as well as rotated each part of my pic and couldnt figure out what happend since It printed backwards.

julia & nicks mom said:
this is how to flip an image in word

right click on the image and choose image properties

click on the size tab and find out the width of the image you want to flip

then choose layout and then make sure the text wrap is behind text

then click ok

click on the picture - there will be 8 dots - place your mouse over the right middle dot and you will get a two way arrow

left click on the dot and drag it to the left crossing over the dot on the other left side - you only need to drag it about an inch past it -

you will now have a reversed but very narrow image - now right click on the picture and choose image properties -

click on the size tab and make sure the lock aspect ration is not clicked -

then set the width to the original width size of the image you found out in the first step

then choose ok
you should now have a reversed image

Well, I tried that, several times, and I end up with the same print. I just can't get it to flip. Any advice?

Hey!!! I did it, I really did it!!! I did it in File...who knew. Thanks so much you guys..I'm off to play some more now..You guys are tops!!!

Thank you all for the great ideas! I knew you guys would have an answer....I am going to go and try them right now! I will let you know how it goes (and eventually post my designs....)

I am so excited ~ I can't wait to see them all done!

I just tried this - what I had to do was make sure that the lock aspect ratio and the relative to original picture size was NOT clicked. This enabled me to be able to flip the image (Thanks Julia & Nick's mom!).

HTH

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter