New here with questions

Charade67

DIS Veteran
My husband and I are planning a trip for our daughter when she graduates high school. Her first choice was New Zealand. (Not in the budget.) Her second choice was Hollywood, so we figured why not go to Disney too. We have been to WDW several times, but never to Disneyland. We will only have one day at each park, so we want to make the most of it. We aren’t actually going until June of 2019, but I always stat planning trips way too early.

Questions:
1. What is the weather like in June? We will probably be there the second week.
2. Hotel recommendations? I would love to stay at a Disney resort, but I noticed that Disneyland doesn’t have the budget hotels like WDW has.
3. Restaurant recommendations? We will probably do one table service meal per park and do quick service for our other meals.
4. What are the can’t miss rides and attractions? Preferably things Disneyland has that WDW doesn’t.

Any other tips/advice?

I’m sue I will have a lot more questions as I start planning the trip.

June gloom for weather. But being from Oregon, we wore jeans ant tank tops. Sweaters in the evening. I always recommend the grand legacy. It’s close and have a breakfast grab bag. We are also taking our daughter for her grad Trip. Have FUN.

2. I would look into some of the motels along Harbor Blvd (between Ball Road and Katella). All of them are within walking distance to the parks, which is better than having to drive and deal with parking. The only "hotel" in that area is the Courtyard Theme Park Entrance, but the pricing is more on par with a moderate at WDW (~$200-$300 per night). I've stayed at the Courtyard (it was very nice), the BW PPI (closest to the parks), the BW Anaheim Inn (okay), and the Fairfield (okay). We usually stay at the BWPPI because it's the closest.

3. Dining really depends on what you like to eat and what kinds of experiences you like/want. My family's favorite TS locations are Cafe Orleans, Carnation Cafe, Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen, and Storytellers. For CS, we like Plaza Inn, French Market, and Red Rose Tavern.

4. While DLR and WDW do have a lot of attraction with the same name, that does not necessarily mean the attractions are the same. For example, DLR and WDW both have PotC and while some of the ride is the same, there are some completely different scenes. Small World, Jungle Cruise, Space Mountain, and Haunted Mansion are also like that. In terms of attractions that are completely unique, I would look into Carsland (RSR), Matterhorn (although, it's a really rough ride), Indy Jones, almost everything in Fantasyland, GotG: Mission Breakout, and the new things at Pixar Pier (slated to open this June). Also, there is a chance that Star Wars Land will be open by the time you go (they've said "summer of 2019", which is pretty vague).

Overall, with the big unknown of Star Wars Land, it's hard to say for sure what things will be like in June of 2019. I would make sure to ask your questions again next year to get the latest information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter