New Holiday Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2023 Dates Revealed + New Frozen Castle Illumination!

Man, I was Looking so forward to this party during our stay in December. Now, I am not sure I should get tickets. I haven’t seen one positive review.
The Points Guy was fairly positive. Of course that particular blog makes their dough shilling credit cards and encouraging people to get them even when the offers are crap so trustworthy is not a word anyone in the know would use to describe them... Anywho a kinda positive review: Link

I was not aware of that. We usually only stay at CSR and booked Pop specifically for the Skyliner after the part. What do you think it would be like trying to get an Uber after the party?
Don’t know about an Uber; obviously depends on how many are leaving the same time you are, but the buses are frequent, and the Pop bus stop would probably be a tad closer than the Uber stop, which is the furthest spot in the bus area.

Do you think they’d give refunds to those with tickets not yet redeemed if I called and said I’ve heard this was disaster and don’t want to waste our time and money coming to this party now. Based on the vlogs and feedback I’ve read, we really do not want to go. How do I ask this?
Posted on another thread ... ⬇️

We had 8 tickets for November 20th. We have decided to cancel. Disney is not offering refunds, but we were able to switch 4 tickets to the Mickey Very Merry Christmas Party (other 4 people already had tickets to the Christmas Party).

They wouldn't cancel or refund the remaining 4 party tickets but told us to just let them expire and we will receive the credit to either be used to future after hours events or they can be applied to annual pass renewals.

Was the Skyliner not running because of the rain or does it shutdown at a certain time and that wasn’t extended for the party? We got a room at Pop Century specifically to be able to Skyliner back to the resort after the party.
No it stopped operations an hour or so after general admission park closure
Does anyone know if the boats will be running/were running this weekend during Jollywood Nights? Thanks!
They may end after general closure like skyliner I know to pop/CBR/Rivera busses ran I’d assume if boat service ended busses would run to crescent lake resorts too

Can you get a Tron VQ or buy ILL for Tron if you only have a MVMCP ticket for the day?

My children are going to Disney with their dad and their only MK day is for the MVMCP and they would all like to try Tron.

Can you get a Tron VQ or buy ILL for Tron if you only have a MVMCP ticket for the day?

My children are going to Disney with their dad and their only MK day is for the MVMCP and they would all like to try Tron.
I have heard reports of people getting a Tron ILL for after 4pm with a Halloween party ticket. I believe the time slots are from 4-6pm. I haven't personally tried but this is from past reports here on the Dis.

The party has the 6pm VQ drop for Tron so they can try for that one.

Which also serves the TTC. There's way more people because of this that use the monorails than use the skyliner.
I’m pretty sure they also keep the resort launch boats running after MNSSHP (which don’t go to the TTC), but regardless, this is disney penny pinching again at the expense of the guest experience. Running buses instead of the skyliner is obviously cheaper, and they chose the cheaper way out.

We were able to get ILL for Tron during the Halloween party. There is also a VQ.

I’m pretty sure they also keep the resort launch boats running after MNSSHP (which don’t go to the TTC), but regardless, this is disney penny pinching again at the expense of the guest experience. Running buses instead of the skyliner is obviously cheaper, and they chose the cheaper way out.

None of the resorts are on the skyliner either.
I always stay at Pop, love the skyliner, but I don't want my rates going up more just so I can use it instead of a bus after a late night party or after hours.

None of the resorts are on the skyliner either.
I always stay at Pop, love the skyliner, but I don't want my rates going up more just so I can use it instead of a bus after a late night party or after hours.
That is your opinion.

I specifically booked a room at Pop for the convenience of riding the Skyliner back to the resort after this party.
We would never stay at Pop otherwise. I completely agree with @AnnaKristoff2013. I'm actually quite ticked off.

That is your opinion.

I specifically booked a room at Pop for the convenience of riding the Skyliner back to the resort after this party.
We would never stay at Pop otherwise. I completely agree with @AnnaKristoff2013. I'm actually quite ticked off.

It is, just as your opinion of it being cost cutting. I just don't see thr skyliner resorts having enough people at these parties to warrant it running. It's also looking at it logically vs emotionally. The busses also don't bother me, and whether I'm stuck with the skyliner being down or I'm hopping to another park, it's got that long walk.

As for being upset, I get it but there are lots of other resorts to stay at.

And the added disappointment of the Skyliner not running for the party really annoyed us - since we specifically stayed in a Skyliner resort with the expectation of being able to use it. We left an hour before the party ended and the looooooooong walk to the Pop bus stop (of course it's the furthest one) was awful.
Per Disney website the SkyLiner will close 90 minutes after the park, which on Jollywood Nights is 9:30 pm. And the SkyLiner closes even for weather with bus as backup. Disney will never leave anyone stranded but there is no guarantee what the transportation option will be. The SkyLiner by policy is closed at 9:30 on those nights and buses are provided. I know lots of folks deliberately book for Transportation, but for us it never is a factor, because other than walking there is no guarantees. In this case it isn't even a change in options ... it is the same policy it has been and if any guests had looked in to their transportation options for the party they would see the SkyLiner will be closed.

Hours of Operation
  • Disney Skyliner will be available each day one hour before Early Theme Park Entry begins at EPCOT or Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • Disney Skyliner will close each day 90 minutes after EPCOT or Disney’s Hollywood Studios closes
  • On nights when EPCOT offers Extended Evening Hours, Disney Skyliner will close one hour after the park closes*
*During this time, Disney Skyliner will only offer transportation to Disney’s Riviera Resort from EPCOT International Gateway. The route that moves between Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will be unavailable.

I stayed at BWI and took the boat over for the first party. The captain announced boat service would end at 9 pm that evening so there were no boats or Skyliner available after the party.
Yup, because that is the standard hours of operation.

Which also serves the TTC. There's way more people because of this that use the monorails than use the skyliner.
The bulk of the MK Party guests are likely not staying on property so when you are talking about moving almost 30,000 out of MK, tons are trying to get to TTC and every mode is important to get folks there.

It is, just as your opinion of it being cost cutting. I just don't see thr skyliner resorts having enough people at these parties to warrant it running. It's also looking at it logically vs emotionally. The busses also don't bother me, and whether I'm stuck with the skyliner being down or I'm hopping to another park, it's got that long walk.

As for being upset, I get it but there are lots of other resorts to stay at.
And we would be staying at one of them had we known this. That is my point. It's too late to switch now. We got one of the good discounts on this room and they have stopped offering them now.

Most people would be expecting the Skyliner to be running.

Per Disney website the SkyLiner will close 90 minutes after the park, which on Jollywood Nights is 9:30 pm. And the SkyLiner closes even for weather with bus as backup. Disney will never leave anyone stranded but there is no guarantee what the transportation option will be. The SkyLiner by policy is closed at 9:30 on those nights and buses are provided. I know lots of folks deliberately book for Transportation, but for us it never is a factor, because other than walking there is no guarantees.

Hours of Operation
  • Disney Skyliner will be available each day one hour before Early Theme Park Entry begins at EPCOT or Disney’s Hollywood Studios
  • Disney Skyliner will close each day 90 minutes after EPCOT or Disney’s Hollywood Studios closes
  • On nights when EPCOT offers Extended Evening Hours, Disney Skyliner will close one hour after the park closes*
*During this time, Disney Skyliner will only offer transportation to Disney’s Riviera Resort from EPCOT International Gateway. The route that moves between Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort and Disney’s Art of Animation Resort will be unavailable.

Yup, because that is the standard hours of operation.

The bulk of the MK Party guests are likely not staying on property so when you are talking about moving almost 30,000 out of MK, tons are trying to get to TTC and every mode is important to get folks there.
Yep. Obviously I should have done more research. Assuming Disney would take on that expense for a superior customer experience is something no one should expect anymore.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter