New Holiday Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2023 Dates Revealed + New Frozen Castle Illumination!

mrsap

DIS Veteran

New Holiday Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party 2023 Dates Revealed

Tis the Halfway to the Holidays season, and we LOVE any reason to celebrate all that is merry and bright at The Most Magical Place on Earth. Here’s a first look at what’s holly, jolly and new this holiday season as well as details about the return of your favorite Disney traditions.

oi238uh2y13t7fukgv2u7p4hbyt8913r98711.jpg

Celebrate the Season in Style With a New Nighttime Holiday Party at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

It’s a holiday vibe like you’ve never felt before. Sights of sparkling décor, sounds of modern beats over classic holiday songs, tastes of craft cocktails and decadent dishes. It’s nostalgic and it’s glitz and glam galore. This is Disney Jollywood Nights – a new, separately ticketed event from 8:30 p.m.-12:30 a.m. on 10 select nights Nov. 11-Dec. 20, 2023.

Get ready to dress in your holiday glam best or festive flair, dance the night away to merry mashups, indulge in divine treats and bubbling spirits, and snap selfies with iconic characters during this new festive event. For an extra dose of cheer, the party wraps with the return of the nighttime spectacular, “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” You’ll be in fa la la la la la la la land before you can say Tinseltown!

Experience holiday vibes throughout Disney’s Hollywood Studios with entertainment areas inspired by different genres:

• You’ll be welcomed to Disney Jollywood Nights with a DJ spinning a mix of holiday tunes. Commissary Lane comes to life with a lively Latin Street Fair. Kermit the Frog and Miss Piggy host a live holiday special at Theater of the Stars with some of their Disney friends. And … what’s this? Hyperion Theater will host a spirited sing-along – more details to come.
  • Encounter glitz and glamor galore at two limited-capacity entertainment experiences – a jazz lounge at The Hollywood Brown Derby and an other-worldly soiree at The Hollywood Tower Hotel Courtyard.
  • Wrap up the night and enjoy the return of a festive favorite, “Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM!” This Santa-sized nighttime spectacular is jam-packed with music, fireworks, special effects and dazzling state-of-the-art projections.
Snap selfies with unique photo opportunities throughout the night:

• Pose with friends for holiday-themed Magic Shots and two new Disney PhotoPass experiences throughout the night. Complimentary digital downloads of your Disney PhotoPass photos captured during the event are included with the price of your ticket.**
  • Meet Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse and the rest of the iconic gang in Animation Courtyard on a hot set with holiday props. Get into the spirit with your fave throwback friends like Powerline Max and Phineas and Ferb at Echo Lake and strike a pose with Edna Mode and chill with one of her super friends at Pixar Place.
Enjoy after-hours access to some of your favorite rides and coasters under the stars:

• After-hours access to some of your favorite rides and coasters like Slinky Dog Dash, Rock N’ Roller Coaster Starring Aerosmith, The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror, Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance and more. (Star Wars: Rise of Resistance will use virtual queue* during Disney Jollywood Nights.)
Indulge in delicious holiday tastes and sips exclusive to the party:

oi238uh2y13t7fukgv2u7p4hbyt8913r98712a.jpg
Spicy Korean Chicken on a Mini Funnel Cake
Holiday drinks

• Guests can buy specialty offerings throughout the party like Spicy Korean Chicken on a Mini Funnel Cake, sweet delights including a colorful Christmas Tree Cookie Stack inspired by the iconic Echo Lake Christmas Tree and classic cocktails and holiday beverages that can be enjoyed during the party.
Disney Jollywood Nights is a limited-capacity holiday event. Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin hotels, and Shades of Green can buy tickets starting June 29. Tickets may be purchased by all guests starting July 6 on the Walt Disney World website. Ticket prices will range from $159 – $179 per person. Party dates are:

• November: 11,18, 20, 27, 29
  • December: 4, 6,16,18, 20
And because it’s Halfway to the Holidays, the magical merriment doesn’t stop here! I’m excited to announce that your favorite holiday tradition, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is returning to Magic Kingdom Park!

Experience the Holiday Magic at Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party

oi238uh2y13t7fukgv2u7p4hbyt8913r98713.jpg

On 25 select nights, Nov. 9-Dec. 22, this separately ticketed event will welcome guests to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year at Magic Kingdom. Holiday magic is unwrapped with the return of festive favorites like the Christmas extravaganza stage show, “Mickey’s Most Merriest Celebration,” the sparkling spectacular “Minnie’s Wonderful Christmastime Fireworks” and the merry must-see “Mickey’s Once Upon a Christmastime Parade.” Guests can also look forward to enjoying some of their favorite classic and thrill attractions, including TRON Lightcycle / Run presented by Enterprise, which will use a virtual queue* during the event.

Tickets for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party are limited and can be purchased online beginning July 6. Guests of select Walt Disney World Resort hotels, Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotels, and Shades of Green can begin purchasing tickets as early as June 29 on the Walt Disney World website. Ticket prices will range from $159-$199 per person. The party dates are:

• November: 9, 10, 13, 14, 16, 17, 19, 21, 22, 26, 28, 30
  • December: 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21, 22

Enjoy All That’s Merry and Bright Across Walt Disney World

Can’t get enough of holiday happenings? There’s SNOW much to look forward to this winter season at Walt Disney World Resort. Keep reading to learn how you can celebrate this festive season, beginning as early as November 9.

Delight in Joyous Holiday Entertainment

oi238uh2y13t7fukgv2u7p4hbyt8913r98715.jpg

• For the first time in forever, guests will be able to join Elsa, Anna, Olaf, Kristoff, and the Snowgies in front of Cinderella Castle at Magic Kingdom for “Frozen Holiday Surprise,” a brand new “Frozen”-inspired entertainment experience that will illuminate the castle in a whole new way. This delightful new offering can be seen during regular park hours and during Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party. Stay tuned to the Disney Parks Blog for more details on this exciting holiday addition.
  • Amidst the glowing holiday décor, a Merry Menagerie of winter animals returns to Disney’s Animal Kingdom Theme Park in the form of artisan-sculpted puppets.
  • EPCOT will celebrate with the return of Candlelight Processionalduring EPCOT International Festival of the Holidaysbeginning Nov. 24-Dec. 30. Other guest-favorite traditions like spirited storytellers, joyful musical acts and performers, andHoliday Kitchens will return to World Showcase this festive season.
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios will return the yuletide projection show on The Hollywood Tower Hotel this season. At Toy Story Land, you can once again spot Woody, Jessie and Buzz sporting their holiday best.
  • At Disney Springs, guests can shop for their loved ones while enjoying the dazzling décor and the Disney Springs Christmas Tree Stroll. Visitors who stop in Town Center won’t believe what they see – magical snowfall in Central Florida!
  • Guests can say hello to Santa Claus as he makes special appearances in all four parks, Disney Springs and even at a Disney Water Park, where you’ll find him dressed in his tropical holiday beachwear.

Hmmm, I have BIG interest in Disney Jollywood Nights, sounds like fun. I'm thinking this might sell fast before open to public with only 10 nights ... and I'm already booked MVC offsite. Thinking cap on!

Thank goodness they clarified Rise of Resistance and TRON will continue to use Virtual Queue during events.

🎩👠🎄🍾

Weird how article doesn't link to event page like it does MVMCP. Took a few minutes of hunting (did not come up in search) but found it. There are discounts of $10. Two price points, assume child & adult. 💰💰

DISNEY JOLLYWOOD NIGHTS

Last edited:

Can't remember the pricing for last year but seems more expensive? Wish the Hollywood Studios one had more dates. Seems pretty cool.

The hollywood studios one is an " after hours " event? They are much less crowded than the regular Christmas parties, or are they the same as the magic kingdom christmas party

That seems like a large amount of Christmas parties during Thanksgiving week. The guests who don’t have park hoppers only have a couple of days to choose from.

Can't remember the pricing for last year but seems more expensive? Wish the Hollywood Studios one had more dates. Seems pretty cool.

The hollywood studios one is an " after hours " event? They are much less crowded than the regular Christmas parties, or are they the same as the magic kingdom christmas party
Big assumption on my part but given the entertainment and VQ (which they didn't have when I went to DHS After Hours), I think they're going to open up attendance for these. Could be wrong, but I think it'll be more like MVMCP crowds than After Hours.

Jollywood looks AMAZING!

Seriously muppets and Powerline and max and just ong. I love that it will alleviate some stress from the party and processional and also give more to do!

Kudos to the team in this one!!

And the "Spirited" Sing Along has got to be Nightmare Before Christmas. "What's This...?" Sounds good!

Last edited:

Jollywood sounds similar to MNSSHP and MVMCP where they close the park early with special party atmosphere/entertainment, etc.

Whereas, after-hours events typically take place off-season once the park closes. Also, tickets are very limited.

And the "Spirited" Sing Along has got to be Nightmare before Christmas. "What's This...?" Sounds good!
OH NO I DIDN'T THINK OF THAT. I was thinking skip it because Sing A Long turned me off.

I wonder ... only 10 dates? Are they going to see how fast they sell then maybe open more up?

OH NO I DIDN'T THINK OF THAT. I was thinking skip it because Sing A Long turned me off.

I wonder ... only 10 dates? Are they going to see how fast they sell then maybe open more up?

Yeah, they kind of snuck it in there. I was reading through it for a second time when I realized what that must mean. Maybe it'll even be a Haunted Mansion Holiday style mashup of some kind. 🤯

Interesting announcements and some really fun stuff returning. But no mention of the spectacular Christmas lights returning to the castle in Magic Kingdom. Really thought those were popular enough they'd bring them back after the 50th stuff came down. Guess there's still time to make that decision - those lights were top 5 on our list of things to see at WDW during the holidays. Projections are nice, but the real lights are breath-taking......

Interesting announcements and some really fun stuff returning. But no mention of the spectacular Christmas lights returning to the castle in Magic Kingdom. Really thought those were popular enough they'd bring them back after the 50th stuff came down. Guess there's still time to make that decision - those lights were top 5 on our list of things to see at WDW during the holidays. Projections are nice, but the real lights are breath-taking......

I was hoping Dream Lights would return as well :sad1:

1592D6F9-8104-4866-9A48-52FF9EDF6884.jpeg

Sounds like a blast but maybe next year! Unfortunately, this year we're going Christmas week. Oh, woe! The sacrifices we have to make! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Ok - now that I'm looking at the right month on my calendar, I'm hoping to snag a discounted room and be able to book tickets for both on a back-to-back Friday/Saturday. I've always wanted to do MVMCP and the prospect of a new party is too exciting to pass up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter