New internet packages

Just a word of caution, we got the Premium package on our British Isles cruise in September so that my husband could check emails for work. Since he had to use the VPN to get to his work email, he was not able. After checking with the main desk we were told that many times the satellite on the boat was not compatible with the VPN, and he wasn't able to sign into his work email. (At first he was really frantic, but it turned out nicely in the end, because he said it was great not to be seeing what was transpiring, or not transpiring, while he vacationed.)
This seems to be hit our miss. My regular vpn and sonicwall Remote Desktop worked on the magic for the wbpc with no issues as did the work vpn from another friend that was on the cruise.

Keep in mind, it's not just about the ship or the plan level, it's also about position of the ship. Just like on land, there may be 'dead zones' where the internet doesn't work. It's less of an issue for Bahamian and Caribbean cruises because you're closer to land most of the time, but even still, things may drop. I know on the Transatlantic they have a couple of days with no connectivity (and are told so ahead of time).

Do any of the plans support multiple users at one time? MIL likes to stream YouTube and we would want it for emails etc and it would be a royal pain to have to disconnect each other

Do any of the plans support multiple users at one time? MIL likes to stream YouTube and we would want it for emails etc and it would be a royal pain to have to disconnect each other
Yes. You can purchase up to 4 users on one login. For YouTube you need the highest plan.

Yes, but you will pay more to have multiple users at once. What's posted earlier in this thread is for one user.

Would the Stay Connected be enough for some Duolingo lessons and the occasional e-mail?

European, I think you need Bsic surf for email. You can try stay connected and upgrade at any time though.

It’s so expensive though. I will probably be better off using Nomad and no internet on sea days.

You might also be able to do what you want with the stay connected package and a VPN.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter