• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New Laundry Detergent Option!

Disneyaholic

DIS Veteran
Just got a new ad in the mail from Bed, Bath & Beyond. There is a laundry product advertised in there (directed to college students) that I haven't seen before that could be great for packing for our DVC vacations! :laundy:

It's called "Dropps" and is decribed as "pre-measured dissolvable laundry detergent, lightweight and compact." From the picture, it looks like either a liquid or a gel enclosed in a plastic pouch.

That's the good news. The bad news is that it's priced at $9.99 for a 15-count pack, which I think is a little pricey?? Does anyone know what the individual boxes of Tide sell for at the DVC stores?

We're kind of stingy in this department. We usually put liquid detergent in a small bottle and bring our own dryer sheets in a baggie. Really helps defray the Huge expense of taking the Amtrak Autotrain down. :rotfl:

That's the good news. The bad news is that it's priced at $9.99 for a 15-count pack, which I think is a little pricey?? Does anyone know what the individual boxes of Tide sell for at the DVC stores?

You can buy the individual load boxes for $1.00 in the laundry room. This still makes your option cheaper.

Much like DisDaydreamer, I pack my own. I use regular (not liquid)detergent and put one scoop in a snack size zip bag, put that in a sandwich bag with a dryer sheet and I'm all set to do laundry. I double bag just in case something happens either in flight or on the drive down. If I have any extra I save them for the next trip.

I saw those too! I started doing the same thing with the powder laundry detergent, putting a scoop in a zip bag. Probably takes up the same amount of space in the suitcase. But these do look convenient, like the Tide tablets used to be.

I stood in Aldi in Bavaria last week thinking of all of you - 18 laundry tabs (the ones that everyone in America seems to pine for) for 2,30 Euros.... no room in the luggage as I was busy stocking up on chocolate and coffee, but maybe next time! ;)

We signed up for Owner's Locker and now we have our laundry supplies waiting for us when we return to WDW- no packing of supplies required. We love our locker! :yay:

We signed up for Owner's Locker and now we have our laundry supplies waiting for us when we return to WDW- no packing of supplies required. We love our locker! :yay:

Will be using our locker for the first time next month & laundry supplies are tops on my list of what to put in it!

I have a full size bottle in my ownerslocker. Gotta love that thing! :thumbsup2

I visit the local dollar store and purchase a small bottle to of liquid tide (about 10 loads worth) & small box of dryer sheets (for a total of about $5) and pack it in my suitcase, and we are all set. Of course, I washed at least one load of clothes each day on our last visit to WDW....stayed at SSR.
:laundy:

:tinker:

:mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum

I visit the local dollar store and purchase a small bottle to of liquid tide (about 10 loads worth) & small box of dryer sheets (for a total of about $5) and pack it in my suitcase, and we are all set. Of course, I washed at least one load of clothes each day on our last visit to WDW....stayed at SSR.
:laundy:

:tinker:

:mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum :mickeyjum

We do the same. Dollar store detergent works great (it isn't always a brand name like Tide) for us for a short trip - I'm not sure I'd do it if we were a family that was prone to break out in a rash with off brand detergent, but we aren't.

Yeah, we're those people that use Tide Free because we get itchy when we use other kinds - even regular Tide leaves us itchy.

Now that we have an owner's locker, we plan to go ahead and buy a box of Tide Free for about $7 and just use what we need and leave the rest.

I found something similar at local supermarket called Purex tabs 2 tabs per little bag for $5 a total of 24 tabs. I bring a few tabs and have been working from the same box for 3 years. Takes up little space in suitcase. Happy hunting.

http://www.disboards.com/announcement.php?f=28&a=222

http://www.ownerslocker.com/

Storage & delivery service. We have already registered & are very excited to be using for the first time next month. Get's rave reviews.
We used ours for the first time in April and LOVE it. We took a whole suitcase (26 inch hard sides) full of stuff AND bought things like detergent, etc. at Wallmart when we got there. We filled the locker but it holds an amazing amount of stuff.

DH and I think we can actually travel with one suitcase for the two of us in the future since all we really need to bring with us is clothes. Everything else will be there waiting for us.

Yeppers...I keep a bottle of All concentrated so it doesn't take up as much space, but it's great knowing it's there waiting for me to do laundry on vacation...oh, wait, maybe that's NOT such a good thing...:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter