New magic band options available again

I couldn't agree with you more. I usually have a very positive pro Disney mindset but this is getting ridiculous. Why in the world did they release this without inventory? Also if they started with lower inventory why wouldn't they only allow those with trips in the next 45-60 days to upgrade then open it up as more inventory came in? This was extremely poor planning.

I have always been a big Disney fan too, but some things happening lately have really been wearing the rose coloring off my glasses. I have trouble understanding how they mishandled the inventory, etc., but it can happen. What really disappoints me more is the complete lack of communication lately. If the know they will not restock until after a date in July, then tell us. Everyone who is 12-45 days out should know so they don't keep waiting (and hoping). Tell us it's not going to happen. Or do something really "magical" and send everyone 10-40 days out an email and coupons to order a different way. Maybe the logistics of that won't work, I don't know. They just need to start communicating, it's something they used to do pretty well

Last edited:
I have always been a big Disney fan too, but some things happening lately have really been wearing the rose coloring off my glasses. I have trouble understanding how they mishandled the inventory, etc., but it can happen. What really disappoints me more is the complete lack of communication lately. If the know they will not restock until after a date in July, then tell us. Everyone who is 12-45 days out should know so they don't keep waiting (and hoping). Tell us it's not going to happen. Or do something really "magical" and send everyone 10-40 days out an email and coupons to order a different way. Maybe the logistics of that won't work, I don't know. They just need to start communicating, it's something they used to do pretty well

I agree. I went ahead today and picked from the 8 original color choices. We really did not want or need new bands, but with the updated magic band site there is no longer a choice to decline. We were sent plain grey bands in the mail for our trip last week and I definitely do not want anymore grey.

I just couldn’t take a chance waiting for new inventory.

Last edited:
I agree. I went ahead today and picked from the 8 original color choices. We really did not want or need new bands, but with the updated magic band site there is no longer a choice to decline. We were sent plain grey bands in the mail for our trip last week and I definitely do not want anymore grey.

I did the same thing. We had previously declined new bands for our short August trip, but when the option to decline seemed to disappear, we chose from the complimentary bands to avoid ending up with grey ones.

I can say they truly may not know when they are going to get it. They might have a time frame but don't want to say anything to get people's hopes up. It happens at work all the time for me. One time one of my orders was suppose to take 2 weeks and it ended up taking 2 months.

Not completely defending them as I also feel this rollout was not handle correctly. And believe they should have handle it by trip dates. But Ibalso feel they need to put out some form of communication. It shouldn't be the guest calling to finding out the information.

They should also have a back up plan which is what I feel they didn't have and they should. They have been giving people the discount at shop while they should be doing that as a backup for all July, August and early September dates. Everyone else gets inventory ones. Apologize to the people that they won't be personalize.

Edit: because I always hit the b when I want to hit space bar. Sorry for any other typos. I did not reread anything that I typed.

Last edited:

I did the same thing. We had previously declined new bands for our short August trip, but when the option to decline seemed to disappear, we chose from the complimentary bands to avoid ending up with grey ones.

the option to decline is now under the online check-in. which makes zero sense, but there ya go. it appears to be an all or nothing thing - you can’t order for some and decline for others.

the option to decline is now under the online check-in. which makes zero sense, but there ya go. it appears to be an all or nothing thing - you can’t order for some and decline for others.
Thank you. I would have never looked there since I had already done the online check-in. I just put in to decline bands for our upcoming trip in two weeks. We definitely did not want or need additional bands.

Thank you. I would have never looked there since I had already done the online check-in. I just put in to decline bands for our upcoming trip in two weeks. We definitely did not want or need additional bands.

i saw it mentioned somewhere and was so glad it was still an option. we usually do split stays and have more than enough bands as it is! glad i could help :)

Do we still have up to 11 days before arrival to customize? At what point do they give grey ones? I certainly don’t want grey ones.

I just got a notification that my magic bands have shipped. Our trip isn't until December but I had ordered the new magic bands. My credit card was charged then that charge disappeared. It was charged again, but also disappeared. Now I have an email that they've been shipped but my CC still doesn't show a charge and I can't look at what is coming on MDE. My guess is we're getting solid colored bands. Why didn't they wait until they received a new shipment? We don't need the magic bands now! Anyone who has received the "your bands have shipped" email been able to see what's been shipped? On MDE, it actually shows me with no color and my husband with a color.....no special bands for us I guess:(. Obviously this isn't a world changing problem but it seems like the special band rollout could have been handled better.

I just got a notification that my magic bands have shipped. Our trip isn't until December but I had ordered the new magic bands. My credit card was charged then that charge disappeared. It was charged again, but also disappeared. Now I have an email that they've been shipped but my CC still doesn't show a charge and I can't look at what is coming on MDE. My guess is we're getting solid colored bands. Why didn't they wait until they received a new shipment? We don't need the magic bands now! Anyone who has received the "your bands have shipped" email been able to see what's been shipped? On MDE, it actually shows me with no color and my husband with a color.....no special bands for us I guess:(. Obviously this isn't a world changing problem but it seems like the special band rollout could have been handled better.
The entire roll out has been a mess. We had a split stay a few weeks ago. I declined magic bands for both resort stays. For the first stay, we had grey magic bands waiting at the desk and while we were on this trip another set of grey bands arrived at our house for the second resort stay. :headache:

We have another stay coming up the first week of July. I had declined bands again, but received an email alert yesterday that our magic bands are about to ship. I’m so frustrated with this whole magic band fiasco. In four weeks I will have three magic bands linked to my account that I did not want.

The entire roll out has been a mess. We had a split stay a few weeks ago. I declined magic bands for both resort stays. For the first stay, we had grey magic bands waiting at the desk and while we were on this trip another set of grey bands arrived at our house for the second resort stay. :headache:

We have another stay coming up the first week of July. I had declined bands again, but received an email alert yesterday that our magic bands are about to ship. I’m so frustrated with this whole magic band fiasco. In four weeks I will have three magic bands linked to my account that I did not want.
Wow! You're getting bands that you didn't even order! Don't get me wrong...we've got years worth in a drawer, pretty colors. Obviously if I get a grey band, I'll grab one of my older ones...but geez! This screw up has to be costing Disney $$$...which we in turn pay for eventually......

If it wasn't so infuriating, it would almost be funny. They are sending Magic Bands to those that don't want them, then they can't/won't send the special ones to those who want them and are going to be there in 15-40 days, and then they ship them to those who don't need them for 6 to 11 months. As I said a couple weeks ago, what a debacle. To top it off, people email Guest Services and they get calls to explain, offers, etc. I have send an email to Guest Services and got one reply, and it wasn't even meant for me, but was an internal email to Disney. Follow up emails and nothing at all. Not even a "We don't know when they are back in stock, so leave us alone and order the free/basic ones".

For anyone still waiting for them to re-stock, today they had about 15 premium designs in stock to chose from. I missed out originally but was able to order today for my whole family!!

There are 25 bands in stock today. I can select them, but when I go to complete order, it won't process and removes all the upgraded ones that I have selected. So frustrating. I wouldn't care, but my 5 year old really wants a princess one. She wants Belle, but I couldn't get it to work when those were in stock. Ariel is available now, but it still isn't' working. Our trip is in less than a month.

I've been trying to order ours, as well - and ONE TIME - all that the family wanted were 'in stock' but, get an error message. At this point, I am just annoyed. lol

This happened to us too. After trying (way too much) to get the upgraded bands we wanted. I gave up, completed my online check in and declined the bands. Then my status changes to magic band processing for grey bands to be picked up at the resort.

So I use USPS informed delivery...I saw today that I’ll be getting a package from Disney Thursday. Then I got the email from the shop Disney parks with a code for 3 magic bands since 3 of my 4 were sold out...really annoying I mean at that point just don’t ship any and let me start over. Oh well I now need to decide if I should order from shop Disney now or wait and see if they get any more soon...

Can you explain to me how you got the code? I upgraded our magic bands for my family of 5 ( which was a process in and of itself!!!) I was finally able to choose the five that I wanted and complete my purchase. When my confirmation email came through it only charged me with 4 and has my wife assigned a grey one. When I called Disney, I was told that I need to wait for this order to process and then I can go in and fix my wife's magic band. Its been over a week and it does not allow me to change my wifes band at all. A little frustrating but I do have time considering our trip is not until feb 2020.

I gave up and just took the free bands. Disney just didn't want my money. My trip is the first week of September and I have too much going on at work to be stressing over these bands.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter