New member anticipation

Nikkimouse44

Mouseketeer
Today marks two weeks since Disney received our deed and notice of transfer of ownership.

Just checking my email every second for an email to set up an account to actually become a DVC member after paying thousands of dollars.

There’s no point to this post except to expose my anxiety over the waiting period, which fully means I will most likely not be one of the lucky ones who gets the email at two weeks and will end up seeing it at the three week mark :)

Today marks two weeks since Disney received our deed and notice of transfer of ownership.

Just checking my email every second for an email to set up an account to actually become a DVC member after paying thousands of dollars.

There’s no point to this post except to expose my anxiety over the waiting period, which fully means I will most likely not be one of the lucky ones who gets the email at two weeks and will end up seeing it at the three week mark :)
Congrats!

We finally passed ROFR after 3 weeks. Now the waiting on the rest of the process. Waiting sucks. Good luck to you, hope the email comes quickly.

We finally passed ROFR after 3 weeks. Now the waiting on the rest of the process. Waiting sucks. Good luck to you, hope the email comes quickly.
Our ROFR took a little longer than 3 weeks. It was terrible. The waiting kills me. But I have two trips I have to book so I’m so anxious to get set into the system

Our ROFR took a little longer than 3 weeks. It was terrible. The waiting kills me. But I have two trips I have to book so I’m so anxious to get set into the system
I also have two trips to plan, so we are also anxious. Our use year is February so points are in now, but we aren't members yet, oh the anticipation.

I also have two trips to plan, so we are also anxious. Our use year is February so points are in now, but we aren't members yet, oh the anticipation.
Our UY is June. So today was the banking deadline. We asked for them to bank and was told they did so fingers crossed that they did (we have a screenshot but you never know lol) and we also have 2022 points to use by May 31 so I’m like… hello, DVC… you there? Hurry up! Get me in the system so I can book! We have a trip in May planned and a hotel booked and same for a December trip and I want to book with DVC points and cancel the hotels.

Our UY is June. So today was the banking deadline. We asked for them to bank and was told they did so fingers crossed that they did (we have a screenshot but you never know lol) and we also have 2022 points to use by May 31 so I’m like… hello, DVC… you there? Hurry up! Get me in the system so I can book! We have a trip in May planned and a hotel booked and same for a December trip and I want to book with DVC points and cancel the hotels.
Oh I get the anticipation then. We have no 2023 points, just 2024 which should now be loaded into the contract. We want to book a September trip and a January trip. I'd love to go sooner than September but it's just not realistic. Good luck getting your trips booked.

I didn’t get an email today so I called to just check on the status since it’s Friday, and was told it could take a month sooo that’s kind of lame considering a lot of people in the closing thread have been getting the welcome email exactly two weeks to the day of deed recording.

I’m at day 46 and counting…

I find the waiting is sometimes the worst part... Once it closes though, you can sometimes call MS and they can help speed up the actual loading of points.

Good luck! and Congratulations!

I didn’t get an email today so I called to just check on the status since it’s Friday, and was told it could take a month sooo that’s kind of lame considering a lot of people in the closing thread have been getting the welcome email exactly two weeks to the day of deed recording.

I’m at day 46 and counting…
They could tell you that today, and it could arrive tomorrow. The people you talk to on the phone are with Member Services (MS). Member Administration (MA) sets up the new accounts and send the emails. MA doesn't share that information with MS, and you can't call and speak directly to the folks that set up the accounts, so MS is instructed to give the "up to blah blah blah" response as a generic answer. As @Cfabar1 says, once you get the emails and get your dashboard set up, you can call MS and see if they can load the points. They'll still put you on hold because they'll still need to contact MA and make sure the points are ready to be provisioned, but at least at that point you CAN get some help from MS.

Okay so it’s been 3 weeks since closing and nothing from Disney.

My husband suggested instead of waiting for Disney to “welcome us home” we should just let Disney know we are here…

“SORRY TO DROP BY UNANNOUNCED, WE WERE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD AND DECIDED TO DROP BY”

At this point is this normal? In the closing thread everyone was getting emails at the two week mark, so I’m not sure what to do now. Should I call Disney, the title company, the broker, cry?

I have no advice but wanted to say we are now in the same boat as you. Got the email today that we have closed and now we just wait for Disney to welcome us into the DVC family. I hope you get your email soon.

I had our title company follow up and lo and behold, we got our activation code shortly after. But no club ID so now I have to wait for the club ID email to come in so I can get set up. This is a very long and stressful process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter