*~*NEW October 2013 Thread*~* Our Month Has Arrived!

I was told to have our MB out and ready for ME though, so bet that works (or will work) the in the same way to alert them you are coming?

We have enjoyed our magic band experience so far. They do making paying and getting into you room easier. We are staying at Pop Century. We decided to walk across the bridge to Art of Animation to look around. We noticed that they have a fence around their pools. You have to use your room key or magic band to get into the pool area.

Hi there! Hopefully your rewards redemption card will arrive before you go but if not, just know that last time we were at Disney (4/12) we had a problem with one of our redemption cards and we went to the Guest services kiosk outside of the entrance to EPCOT and they were able to get us a new card. They put me on the phone with Chase Visa and then were able to cancel the other card and give me a new one. So it is definitely possible.

Good to hear. Thanks! :)

Loving our bands! Some tips I have figured out.

~fit your band to your wrist at home and get it stretched to fit your wrisr before your trip. I did thid dh did not. Mine is fitting better.

~The bands work bedt when the mickey on your band faces away from you.

~be sure to touch center of mickey to the center of mickey.

The day for Disney is here.
So get ready to shout and cheer.
Here is hoping your trip is a blast.
May pixie dust and fun always last.
Disney is waiting for you.
Hope all your dreams come true.

~Arriving October 13~
astehlik30- October 13- October 16 @ POly
Disney-On-the-Brain- Oct. 13 -October 19 @ Poly
galaxyg528- October 13- October 19 @ POR
mightybee987- October 13- October 19 @ AS Sports
THESCHULTZFIVE- October 13- October 20 @ SSR

Loving our bands! Some tips I have figured out.

~fit your band to your wrist at home and get it stretched to fit your wrisr before your trip. I did thid dh did not. Mine is fitting better.

~The bands work bedt when the mickey on your band faces away from you.

~be sure to touch center of mickey to the center of mickey.

Thanks for the tips. Guess we will at least try our bands on before we leave.

Just wanted to let everyone know, we were at Epcot last night for our VN ADR and it was INSANE!! I know people had said that F&W was crazy on the weekends and they weren't kidding. We didn't wait in any of the long lines bc we were headed for dinner. We are planning to go tomorrow instead. I'm so glad now I didn't plan on my F&W experience to be be on the weekend ( at night anyway) maybe it was better during the day.

I would compare the crowds to July 4th!!!!! It may have been worse.
So if it's your first time doing F&W and you're not planning on staying long, avoid the weekends. ;)

Something else I noticed, it is really crowded this weekend in general. There were long standby waits at HS yesterday too. We have APs but don't stay onsite, so don't get FP+, which I think really negatively affected us this weekend. At HS yesterday the only thing I wanted to do was TSM. We got there at 9:30 ( it was EMH) and the return time for FP was 7:20! We couldn't come back bc of our ADR at Epcot. We waited for 1 hour and 40 min. I have NEVER waited an hour for a ride before bc we always use FP. I admit it was bad planning on my part. We were winging it this trip bc we just came back and are going again in December. Yesterday was the only day we had for HS bc of my limited ADRs.

Hope this helps someone!! We are having a blast anyway. We are renting boats this afternoon and going to Ohana's tonight. Both surprises for our DSs!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yesterday was a very eventful day in getting ready for our upcoming disney trip. We deep cleaned the carpet and sofa and love seat. We got hubby's car oil changed, all fluids changed, engine flushed, fuel system cleaned, new tires and washed and detailed inside and out.. Now Friday needs to hurry so we can leave 5 days to go.

What do you do to get ready?

Just looked at the ten day forecast and do not like the 60-70% chance of rain for next Monday and Tuesday. :( I hope those numbers decrease! Don't want the MSEP and Fantasmic! to get cancelled!

Just looked at the ten day forecast and do not like the 60-70% chance of rain for next Monday and Tuesday. :( I hope those numbers decrease! Don't want the MSEP and Fantasmic! to get cancelled!
I saw that this morning too! 10/21 was our Illuminations/Epcot WS day, so I felt your pain. BUT, just checked weather channel's 10-day and it's back down to a 20% chance both days -HA! Too funny, we'll see I guess?!? :)

I saw that this morning too! 10/21 was our Illuminations/Epcot WS day, so I felt your pain. BUT, just checked weather channel's 10-day and it's back down to a 20% chance both days -HA! Too funny, we'll see I guess?!? :)

Well either way, you know what we all say, a rainy day at Disney is better than a sunny day at home!

Just wanted to let everyone know, we were at Epcot last night for our VN ADR and it was INSANE!! I know people had said that F&W was crazy on the weekends and they weren't kidding. We didn't wait in any of the long lines bc we were headed for dinner. We are planning to go tomorrow instead. I'm so glad now I didn't plan on my F&W experience to be be on the weekend ( at night anyway) maybe it was better during the day.

I would compare the crowds to July 4th!!!!! It may have been worse.
So if it's your first time doing F&W and you're not planning on staying long, avoid the weekends. ;)

Something else I noticed, it is really crowded this weekend in general. There were long standby waits at HS yesterday too. We have APs but don't stay onsite, so don't get FP+, which I think really negatively affected us this weekend. At HS yesterday the only thing I wanted to do was TSM. We got there at 9:30 ( it was EMH) and the return time for FP was 7:20! We couldn't come back bc of our ADR at Epcot. We waited for 1 hour and 40 min. I have NEVER waited an hour for a ride before bc we always use FP. I admit it was bad planning on my part. We were winging it this trip bc we just came back and are going again in December. Yesterday was the only day we had for HS bc of my limited ADRs.

Hope this helps someone!! We are having a blast anyway. We are renting boats this afternoon and going to Ohana's tonight. Both surprises for our DSs!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Glad to hear you are still having fun. We have to go to Epcot next Saturday, but I am already prepared for crowds after the last two years. Hope it lightens up a rad since next weekend isn't Columbus Day weekend. Here is to hoping anyway.

One reason for the crowds is that it is columbus day. Several folks are having long weekends. After this weekend, things should get back to normal fall crowds for the F&W.

I looked at the weather channel app earlier today and saw that it was 70% chance of rain for Monday and Tuesday and was wondering how much it would change. Pretty funny that it's already back down to 20%! I'm just throwing ponchos in our carry on and packing extra shoes in case they get wet and rolling with it. 4 days for us!! :cool1:

The day for Disney is here.
So get ready to shout and cheer.
Here is hoping your trip is a blast.
May pixie dust and fun always last.
Disney is waiting for you.
Hope all your dreams come true.

~Arriving October 14~
thelittlethings- October 14- October 19 @ Caribe Royale
Nakkira- October 14- October 19 @ off site
priskillet- October 14- October 20 @ Swan/Dophin

2 more days for us! Bags are packed and ready to go! Wednesday can't get here fast enough.

I looked at the weather channel app earlier today and saw that it was 70% chance of rain for Monday and Tuesday and was wondering how much it would change. Pretty funny that it's already back down to 20%! I'm just throwing ponchos in our carry on and packing extra shoes in case they get wet and rolling with it. 4 days for us!! :cool1:

Oh great. Now it's a 30% chance every day beginning Saturday! Don't like the lightening bolts on the Weather Channel graphics. Makes me think it'll be more than just showers. Hopefully it'll be the kind of rain that passes quickly. Assuming the forecast doesn't change a whole lot that is.

Good grief, I'm gonna have to spend some time on my knees about next week! :littleangel: All these reports about crazy insane crowds, broken monorails, thunder storms....this is not what I wanted to hear for my elderly parents' first trip!

We leave in 6 days. Plenty of time for things to turn around! I didn't know about a fall break for schools. Glad it is this week and not next week. A good thing to know for next year.

Does anyone know when the GF will have my reservation in their system? I've heard 10 days out, 3 days out, 2 days out...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter