*** New Official February 2013 Thread ***

I would go for the earlier flight, or even see if they will let you go standby on a Saturday flight. It's not ideal but I would hate to wait and hope it was going to be ok and then lose a day or more off of my vacation. If this storm is as big as they say it will be, flights have the potential to be backed up for a few days.

UGH! They won't let us standby for Sat :( I think you are right...gonna go early on Sunday. Hoping, praying,pleading for good enough weather in Boston that our plane can come to DC !!!!! Faith, Trust, and Pixie Dust!:tink:

Can't decide what to do. The weather in DC will be fine on Sunday when we fly out...but not in Boston where our flight originates. :eek: The flight we are booked on leaves at 1:20 pm. The flight before that , which JetBlue will let us fly standby on leaves at 10am. Debating if we should try to do that. My hubby thinks we have a better chance of getting out of DC if we go earlier....what do you guys think?:confused3

Our flight is out of DC early Sat. morning. We're on JetBlue too :goodvibes. Are you flying out of Reagan? Its been years since I've been there, and I wasn't too fond of it the last time :rotfl:. I hope both of our flights are okay!

Our flight is out of DC early Sat. morning. We're on JetBlue too :goodvibes. Are you flying out of Reagan? Its been years since I've been there, and I wasn't too fond of it the last time :rotfl:. I hope both of our flights are okay!

You should be fine. Sat looks way better than Sun. Yep we are Reagan too! Never been, but the pictures look pretty :flower3: I am used to BWI, but if DCA gets us out on time (or early) it will be my new favorite airport !! :lovestruc

We're flying out of Albany, NY on Monday morning at 7:30am...and I am praying this storm will be long gone (or at least a little gone!) by then!!

You should be fine. Sat looks way better than Sun. Yep we are Reagan too! Never been, but the pictures look pretty :flower3: I am used to BWI, but if DCA gets us out on time (or early) it will be my new favorite airport !! :lovestruc

I like BWI the best, but the rates out of Reagan were just too good! I don't like the short runways at Reagan, but it seems to work for other flights every day, so we should be okay ;). I didn't realize there was a system in the north on Sunday. I'll be hoping for you!

I have a layover on Saturday at BWI to Orlando. Our flight from BWI leaves at 8:25 am!

Only a day and a half left of work before Disney. Work is not cooperating. It is very slow right now so the day is dragging...BOOOOO.

See you all there soon! ;)

Ugh! Leaving Fri at 3 for an overnight at hotel for 7am flight Sat morning. AND of course everything is going to sh*t. Something is wrong with my 6 mth old washer (I HATE front loaders and miss my top loader SO much), 2 of 3 kids have colds, humidifier just broke, pretty sure something is up with my 10yr old Maltese (peeing and drinking non-stop), looking like terrible weather for our drive to DC Fri..I could go on:worried: I'm praying that the troubles stop as soon as we hit the magic :goodvibes

Just saw this as we're still on vacation but no longer at WDW. Our daughter has a cat that developed diabetes at age 12 (daughter is a doctor and noticed cat drinking excessively). She gave him insulin shots twice a day for 5 years. Then he no longer needed them. During his 16th year he was on no medicines then new symptoms led to tests that revealed a thyroid problem. A special diet with thyroid meds in part of it kept him healthy another year and then he started loosing weight. Vet suggested a change in special diet and he's picking weight back up. At age 18 he still has his great baritone purr and can still jump up on chairs, beds and sofa's; he just can't jump higher like he did in his younger days. I wish you well with all your last minute complications and have a magical vacation!

Yes, we fly out of Pittsburgh on Sunday morning! We are flying Southwest.

How funny if we are on the same flight together. It will be me (shortish, reddish brown hair), DH (not a morning person, will be grumpy with long hair), and DS (crew cut) who will be bouncing off of the walls.

Everybody!! :rolleyes1 It's a Small World After All... :dance3: 98% positive that is also our scheduled flight! We're not typically morning people either and have a two-hour drive before the flight, but hopefully I'll be awake enough to keep an eye out for you. It'll be me (short, brown hair, obsessing over 'what did we forget?'), DSis (also short, blonde highlights), our mom (dark hair, friendly face) and dad (he'll be the one stretched out with his ballcap covering his eyes so he can nap). DSis would probably join your DS in bouncing off the walls.

How neat that there is so many of you on the same flight! I am almost jealous. However, I need to take my "Don't have a panic attack because you are 30,000 feet in the air" pill so I wouldn't be very chatty anyway:rotfl2: I just mellow out and sleep if I can.

I can not believe there is ONE SLEEP LEFT!!!!:cool1:
We have been so good about saving our money for the trip but today dh finally turned in his final assignment and wrote his last exam and my son brought home an almost straight A report card (one B in Art) so we are going out for dinner to celebrate:yay:

It almost feels like vacation has started already!!

How neat that there is so many of you on the same flight! I am almost jealous. However, I need to take my "Don't have a panic attack because you are 30,000 feet in the air" pill so I wouldn't be very chatty anyway:rotfl2: I just mellow out and sleep if I can.

I can not believe there is ONE SLEEP LEFT!!!!:cool1:
We have been so good about saving our money for the trip but today dh finally turned in his final assignment and wrote his last exam and my son brought home an almost straight A report card (one B in Art) so we are going out for dinner to celebrate:yay:

It almost feels like vacation has started already!!

I almost have that; no meds (yet) though. Any tiny turbulence in the air and I am death gripping DBF's hand. LOL

Everybody!! :rolleyes1 It's a Small World After All... :dance3: 98% positive that is also our scheduled flight! We're not typically morning people either and have a two-hour drive before the flight, but hopefully I'll be awake enough to keep an eye out for you. It'll be me (short, brown hair, obsessing over 'what did we forget?'), DSis (also short, blonde highlights), our mom (dark hair, friendly face) and dad (he'll be the one stretched out with his ballcap covering his eyes so he can nap). DSis would probably join your DS in bouncing off the walls.

:rotfl2: at the Small World comment.

We have a room reserved at one of the hotels near the airport, otherwise it would be a 2 hour drive to the airport for us too (from South of Pittsburgh so I don't think we live next door to each other or anything like that :upsidedow ) . Works out though because the hotel has a Park and Fly rate and we can leave our car there and they will shuttle us in the morning.

You know I will be getting on the plane now saying "Angebee? Angebee? is that you?" :wave2:

I almost have that; no meds (yet) though. Any tiny turbulence in the air and I am death gripping DBF's hand. LOL

Add me to the 'no heights' list. :scared1: I'll chat a little on the ground but my ipod will be blasting music or a movie once electronics are allowed.

pigletto, I hope you enjoyed your pre-trip celebration. May the roads be nice and clear for you guys (and anyone else) driving down!

skater said:

Hmm, maybe we r same flight?! 710? Look for family of 5 with 2 yr old monkey boy, 13 yr old girl that looks like momma, and 9 yr girl curly head that looks like dad :)

It's TODAY:cool1::banana::yay:

I have a few things to finish up this morning and then we are picking the kids up from school at lunch time and off we go!!

pigletto said:
It's TODAY:cool1::banana::yay:

I have a few things to finish up this morning and then we are picking the kids up from school at lunch time and off we go!!

Us too... Except school was cancelled. Both girls - "lets just leave right now"

Hmm, maybe we r same flight?! 710? Look for family of 5 with 2 yr old monkey boy, 13 yr old girl that looks like momma, and 9 yr girl curly head that looks like dad :)

Your flight leaves at 7:10? It its a 7:10 JetBlue flight, we're on the same one! So funny. It just me and my 11 year old son for this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter