New Pixie Dust Pass is a Joke

This is a classic example of the different customer profiles Disney has. Customer profiles are a part of marketing where a company makes up a fictional ideal customer. It is part of my job to create customer profiles for clients. Some customer profiles can be very detailed, things like gender, name, age, relationship status, amount, ages and gender of children, area they live in, income are standard. Disney would also have company specific information such as the day of the week the person visits, how much they spend on food and merchandise, the types of rides, entertainment etc they are interested in and so much.

The information on the customer profile is based on facts and knowledge of the customers that the company has gathered from various sources.

Then the company creates a product or service for this person.

It always amuses me when people get angry about a product or service being too expensive or that they cant use the product or service because the terms and conditions are too strict or don't make sense.

Disney are targeting a specific set of people with this particular ticket. If you feel the terms and conditions dont work for you, then you are not the person that Disney wants to buy this ticket. Its just Marketing 101!!
Amused by angry people? The. You’re on the wrong thread or just like to make your own assumptions. LoL.

Whose angry ? Dude making up things that isn’t there.

OK, then why were you "disappointed" because not every pass is perfect for your daughter's needs? That's the point of offering multiple passes, so people can choose one that works best for them.

Are you similarly disappointed when restaurants have items at different price points so someone who doesn't want a $50 steak can get a $15 hamburger?

Last edited:
WOW! I wish I were allowed that pass! $399. That is less than our 10-day passes. I was just wishing that we had longer to use the 10-day pass. With working from home some days, it wouldn't have been any problem at all to add days to our trip and only go to the parks Mon,Tues, Thurs, Fri. Entirely avoiding weekends and still having a rest day mid-week. I'm not a fan of crowds. We paid ... what was it $580? per person. With that pixie pass we could have stayed three weeks and I could have worked from the room on some days. The decrease in the ticket cost could have paid for the extra days in a condo.

For a pass that cheap, weekdays-only make sense.

They've had a weekday pass for years, and I actually have friends that love it. They stay home with their preschoolers so weekdays were their favorite park days. I don't think it's a joke - it just suits a different demographic than you.

We both work more traditional hours so the weekday pass doesn't work for us.
I have adult family members who have used it for years to go out to eat, maybe a little shopping and catch a ride or two. A lot of locals wont set foot in the park on a weekend / Holliday

:P*laughs in Publix employee*

In all seriousness, there are a lot of hourly employees: people who work in the service, medical, hospitality, or restaurant industries with non-traditional hours in Central Florida. I liked the names of the legacy passes because they were clearer as to whom the target demographic was. I think, even if there weren't very many of us, they would keep a version of the weekday pass because it is blocked out when kids are out of school. Makes it perfect for childfree adults or those with very young children.

I think, even if there weren't very many of us, they would keep a version of the weekday pass because it is blocked out when kids are out of school. Makes it perfect for childfree adults or those with very young children.

But the Pixie Dust Pass actually includes the summer months that were blocked out with Weekday Select (and I think also Silver). I would think this might make it attractive to some Florida families with kids in school, for whom the next tier up is too expensive. They wouldn't get any use of it during the school year, but it could be worth it for the summer alone.

The commercial markets the pass as a "Florida Resident Pass" not a weekday pass.

Maybe your biggest annoyance is you interpreted FL resident pass to mean it's a generic pass for all FL residents when all that it means is as a resident of FL you are eligible to purchase specific types of passes.

• As a resident of FL you have your pick of 4 different AP passes (Pixie, Pirate, Sorcerer, Incredi-Pass)
  • As a DVC member you have your pick of 2 AP passes (Sorcerer, Incredi-Pass)
  • As an out of state tourist you have your pick of 1 AP pass (Incredi-Pass)

Consider yourself in a position to have the most options available to you as a resident of FL that can best suit your individual situation.

Last edited:

I wish I could get a Pixie Dust pass as an out of stater. We’re retired and don’t go to WDW over Christmas, and our trips are usually for a few days like Sunday to Friday. We could easily schedule trips around the blockout days.

As it is, we’re thinking about getting one for our daughter who is a cast member to make sure she can go to the parks with us. They have been putting a lot of blockout dates on CM passes, and don’t release when and in which parks they can use them until a few weeks before. With the park reservations you can never be sure if you can get a reservation at a park (especially MK and DHS) if you wait too long to get tickets.

Because the cost of that pass is about the same as a 3 day hopper ticket, we can make sure she can join us when she has off. She can also use it on her off days, which are usually mid week, or before work when she starts later. She can also make park reservations without dealing with the limited number they make available to cast members being gone.

As a DVC member I got the Sorcerer pass, but I could get a lot more mileage for the dollar out of the Pixie Dust pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter