New policy on outside food and drinks

Weird that its brand new policy (and I'm not arguing) because I had read this and unpacked accordingly when we visited in 2017. Maybe I accidentally wandered into the San Diego site...

We were just in Six Flags (NJ). They let us bring in sealed water. But after we drank it all and needed more (No fountains due to COVID) it was $6 per bottle.

We just returned from our trip to Sea World. I have several food allergies and bring food just for myself. Everyone else in party eats the park food. On our first day I went to guest services to talk about bringing in food for myself because of food allergies. I was told it was fine and that I didn't need anything to say it was ok. I think at six flags they put a tag on my lunchbox. My second day the bag check women was yelling telling me my food needed to go in the trash because no food is allowed in. I explained the website policy and that I had spoken to guest services 2 days prior and she just kept pointing to the large trash barrel saying the policy on the website was wrong. She finally let me bring it in but yell Don't do it again I was causing them stress by trying to get away with it. I had a small lunchbox with some crackers, cut up veggies and a date bar. I had 8 people in my traveling party so clearly I wasn't trying to get away with anything! I didn't want to deal with that issue again because it was awful because the lady was yelling and people were looking at us. When I went to Seaworlds water park the next day I didn't bring any food in with me and what a mistake that was. Trying to get safe food was a nightmare. I had to talk to several people and my only choice was a very small salad with just vegetables and over an hour process.

I wonder if they'll allow Camelbak backpacks with bladders since they allow a refillable water bottle.

Our experience 2 weeks ago.....

We are a party of 4 (myself, DH who is type 1 diabetic, DS15, DS8). We always take into any park a backpack cooler with bottled water, a gatorade for low sugars (which happen often in the stressful heat and humidity of a themepark), and a few granola bars or packs of cookies in case someone gets peckish between meals. My DS8 can get very challenging if he is hangry, but sometimes situations arise where we can't get him a meal right when needed so this gets us over the hump. We knew the policies at SeaWorld and Aquatica, so were prepared to go to Guest Services if an issue arose. At SeaWorld, our bags were never checked. My husband was wanded at the metal detector because he set it off with his medical devices but otherwise never checked. At Aquatica, our bags were checked, and no one said a word or asked him about his Diabetes/medical devices. Again, we weren't taking in a full meal or substantial food, so that may have been the key, but we didn't have any issues with the gatorade and a few granola bars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter