• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

New quarantine announced by NY, NJ & CT.

focusondisney

DIS Veteran
Joint press conference right now by the governors of NY, NJ & CT. Will impose 14 day quarantine & travel advisories for travelers from states with high Covid rates. Haven’t listed specific states or rates yet. Saying 10% + on rolling average. Listing states quickly so didn’t catch them all, but Florida was on it of course.

ok, thanks-will try and find some more information, but how does that work if you are going on vacation in Florida, and live in NY-have to self quarantine when you return? Will you be allowed to travel to Florida (if they lift their ban on July 7th) thank you!

The advisory applies to TRAVELERS ARRIVING from states with an infection rate above 10 cases per 100,000 people on a rolling 7-day basis.

As of today that applies to Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Washington, Utah and Texas according to Cuomo.

So, that would mean even if you are a resident of NJ, NY, and CT who is returning from one of those states you would be under a directive to quarantine for 14 days.

Uh-huh... more unenforceable directives from those who did stuff that worked well in their states to rub in the face of those who haven’t. I wish I could say I think these directives are because those governors are truly concerned about health and safety (they will say they are, and a small bit really is I am sure). I am from CT, and think they have done a very good job. Yet, I still think these are pointless. Time for EVERYONE to take some personal responsibility by wearing masks in public when not able to socially distance, practicing proper hygiene and cleaning, etc. if everyone would do that, we could open everywhere... of course there will always be some increase with reopening, but people have to realize it’s not business as usual and snuggle up in the bars with 500 of your closest unknown friends.

ok, thanks-will try and find some more information, but how does that work if you are going on vacation in Florida, and live in NY-have to self quarantine when you return? Will you be allowed to travel to Florida (if they lift their ban on July 7th) thank you!
PP is correct. One of the reporters asked Cuomo this question and he confirmed that if you live in NY, NJ or CT, travel to one of the affected states, and then return to NJ/NJ/CT, you would be expected to quarantine for 14 days when you get home.

So those of us that live in NY/NJ/CT will now have to wait for both FL and our home state to lift these mandates before we can travel to WDW :( (unless you can manage to spend 14 days at home afterwards, then only the FL mandate matters)

Last edited:
So, basically , if you are heading to Disney now from NY, CT, or NJ, you have a total of 4 weeks quarantine - but, you can spend a few days in Disney (YMMV, given the amount of time you can take off for ) - at a hotel -- not sure of which one -- and go to a park or two - (if available) - but find a nice place to eat (if open) - and once the day is over, wait 4-5 hours for the "new" Disney busses to take you back to your resort 😁

So, basically , if you are heading to Disney now from NY, CT, or NJ, you have a total of 4 weeks quarantine - but, you can spend a few days in Disney (YMMV, given the amount of time you can take off for ) - at a hotel -- not sure of which one -- and go to a park or two - (if available) - but find a nice place to eat (if open) - and once the day is over, wait 4-5 hours for the "new" Disney busses to take you back to your resort 😁

We can only go to a Disney park AFTER we have stayed in our hotel room, without leaving, for 14 days. I don't know anyone from this area who can take off 5+ weeks (2 weeks for on-site quarantine, a week for the "vacation", 2 weeks for quarantine at home) to be able to go to Florida right now.

We can only go to a Disney park AFTER we have stayed in our hotel room, without leaving, for 14 days. I don't know anyone from this area who can take off 5+ weeks (2 weeks for on-site quarantine, a week for the "vacation", 2 weeks for quarantine at home) to be able to go to Florida right now.

Exactly ! It's a mess !

You can avoid the 14 day quarantine in CT when returning home if you have a negative Covid test. They ask you to get a test within 72 hours of returning home and then wait for it to come back negative.

We are lucky in that we timed our trip to come right after a two week trip to RI and then still allow two weeks before my kids and I have to be back at school. My husband can just work from home if he wants.

Last edited:
You can avoid the 14 day quarantine when returning home if you have a negative Covid test. They ask you to get a test within 72 hours of returning home and then wait for it to come back negative.

We are lucky in that we timed our trip to come right after a two week trip to RI and then still allow two weeks before my kids and I have to be back at school. My husband can just work from home if he wants.
Hi... where did you read/ see this? this could make my day a whole lot better!

Hi... where did you read/ see this? this could make my day a whole lot better!
It was announced in the news conference with Lamont. It is recapped here:

“Compliance in Connecticut initially will be voluntary, but Lamont said he is expecting a high level of cooperation. If the compliance is insufficient, Lamont said he would ‘consider some stricter measures’ for enforcement. He said later that the self-quarantine would be necessary ‘if you haven’t had a [coronavirus] test within 72 hours’ of arrival in Connecticut.”

https://www.courant.com/coronavirus...0200624-2m74qso7rfcxfgpxjxipeiacpi-story.html

Ah dang... I wonder if NJ will follow suit? It seems that each state is going about this in slightly different ways..using different verbiage (should vs. must), fine amounts, etc.
Any reports locally of a similar thing for you? I am somewhat surprised because the three have been so in sync with everything.

Any reports locally of a similar thing for you? I am somewhat surprised because the three have been so in sync with everything.
Travellers Entering New Jersey From States With High COVID-19 Infection Rates Should Quarantine For 14 Days

-thats from the official NJ gov't website.. but national headlines say it's a "requirement"... meanwhile it sounds like CT is seemingly a little more lax than what Cuomo's remarks have been? Honestly I just would like NJ to include the 72 hr test stipulation...thank you for pointing that out to me!

Travellers Entering New Jersey From States With High COVID-19 Infection Rates Should Quarantine For 14 Days

-thats from the official NJ gov't website.. but national headlines say it's a "requirement"... meanwhile it sounds like CT is seemingly a little more lax than what Cuomo's remarks have been? Honestly I just would like NJ to include the 72 hr test stipulation...thank you for pointing that out to me!
I’ll cross my fingers that NJ uses the test exemption! I’ve also edited my post to clarify that it is CT specific.

The order has no enforcability. They are asking you to comply but they can not force you to. However this issue is your employer will know where you went likely and will require you to quarantine.

The order has no enforcability. They are asking you to comply but they can not force you to. However this issue is your employer will know where you went likely and will require you to quarantine.

I don’t know. I think NY has hefty fines if you are found to be non compliant. When things started our county executive had press conferences too. He specifically talked about the health commissioner being able to issue legal orders for quarantine. I don’t think they will necessarily be chasing people down. But I’m not about to gamble on getting a $2000 fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter