New Riviera Promotional Video

It does seem weird having no sound. The resort looks great. The decor does remind me of some French hotels. I would like to stay there. IMO it is a great location.

Really very pretty. Very nice. Just wish you could move it to a better location. That coupled with the price...YIKES! I can't wait to see how it sells.

I look forward to trying it out. The rooms themselves are stunning, but I find the lobby and grounds quite generic. But with those room finishes, location and the gondola I'm sure it'll sell just fine.

My guess is that this has no sound because it was created to run in the preview center on a display.

Interesting that the excuse they used to remove ALL tile from OKW bathrooms and kitchens was that it was difficult to clean...and yet at the new resort, there is a tiled wall in the kitchen, at least that is what is showing in other promo videos.

I was a bit worried about Riviera in that it doesn't look like a resort I would want to stay at but this video is changing that. I think it looks great and I would try it out.

It’s kind of interesting... we toured the model RVA rooms at SSR and it was kind of disjointed to experience that while on the grounds of SSR, which is such a sprawling resort and has a totally different vibe. Seeing the video now and imagining the RVA rooms in that setting gives me a whole different feeling about it, very excited to see in person.

Doesn't the lobby seem a bit underwhelming and small? Maybe there's a bit more to it.

It is a DVC resort not a Disney Resort so the lobby are not as spectacular as they are. I wouldn't be surprised that every lobby you think is spectacular is because it is a combined Disney/DVC resort.

Could be. We’ve only stayed at Animation and AKL. Both have incredible lobbies which kinda take your breath away when you walk in.

Doesn't the lobby seem a bit underwhelming and small? Maybe there's a bit more to it.
It is a DVC resort not a Disney Resort so the lobby are not as spectacular as they are. I wouldn't be surprised that every lobby you think is spectacular is because it is a combined Disney/DVC resort.

The lobby almost seems out of place since so much design and thought was incorporated into the entry sequences.
(It may be the best entry sequence of any DVC resort) if that covered archway with the fountains is the walkway to transportation, then DRR earns a huge A+++++

if that covered archway with the fountains is the walkway to transportation, then DRR earns a huge A+++++

Yea that is, and agree.

Nice to see the Lobby "Disney Skyliner this way" sign as well.

enhance

I loved the video and will like to stay here in January if we can get in at 7 months, but I don't think the lobby is any more underwhelming than the GFVs lobby.

We drove by it last week. It looks nice (and the sample room is much nicer in person), but it's much closer to the road than it appears in promo materials. That road is busy and might take away from that Disney-bubble feeling you get at most of the resorts. Several emergency vehicles roared by with sirens blaring while we were looking at it -- that would get old IMO if you had a room that faced that road. It's similar to Coronado but I think the road isn't as busy by Coronado as it is near Disney Springs.

Our opinion was that the rooms were nicer than expected but the location was a bit of a letdown (and kinda weird/incongruous adjacent to a Caribbean-themed resort). Fingers crossed that we like what they do with Reflections more.

Have we heard if you can walk back and forth to CBR food court and dining? I assume so, just curious. Or maybe its just allowed on the "Skyliner" side of the lake.

Have we heard if you can walk back and forth to CBR food court and dining? I assume so, just curious. Or maybe its just allowed on the "Skyliner" side of the lake.
I'd be surprised if you didn't have access to CBR using the pathway connecting CBR to the skyliner. When I made trips with a car, there were times we'd drive to POP Century to use their food court, since OKW quick service is...to put it mildly...lacking.

I loved the video and will like to stay here in January if we can get in at 7 months, but I don't think the lobby is any more underwhelming than the GFVs lobby.

Did they show a Mary Poppins Penguin fountain that I missed in the video rendering of the RIV lobby?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter