New "street" in MGM?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
When we were in MGM last month, the CM in The Writer's Bookstop (not sure of the name-it's around the corner from Sci-Fi Drive In) was telling me about a new street that was built to copy some city (was it San Franscisco?) This street was off to the left of the main street, coming out by Muppet 3-D. He said that that street will be used this year for the Osborne Lights. Does anyone have any information about what he was sayin? I haven't seen any info anywhere about a new street.

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
When we were in MGM last month, the CM in The Writer's Bookstop (not sure of the name-it's around the corner from Sci-Fi Drive In) was telling me about a new street that was built to copy some city (was it San Franscisco?) This street was off to the left of the main street, coming out by Muppet 3-D. He said that that street will be used this year for the Osborne Lights. Does anyone have any information about what he was sayin? I haven't seen any info anywhere about a new street.
When we were down in February they were telling us the same thing. Nothing in concrete as far as when it would be done.

They turned the previous area for Osbourne lights into that new crash car show- right? They probably having to put in another street then.

The street is not "new" just being revamped. The street will be themed with fascades of streets around the country. Yes, the street has been redesigned in preparation for the stunt show opening over in that area sometime next year, I believe. I went to a meeting a few weeks ago for the new and upcoming events for MGM Studios. This is what I know now and later when I know more, I can tell you more.

Melissa:earseek:

We took the tour a few weeks ago and were told that the New York perspective was being redone and they were also adding San Francisco and Chicago perspectives.

When we took the tram tour last month, they said they were adding facades from San Francisco and Chicago. Construction walls were up. I don't know if they are extending the street. That whole area looks different with the archway and Residential Street gone. The structure for the Stunt Stadium is up.

We saw the new "San Francisco" street last week. We were showing the New York Street to family who have never been, and looked to the right and there it was. Since I had visited San Francisco last September, I realized exactly what it was.

Yes, they are adding new facades. The San Fransisco one is going over where the Hunchback Theater was (next to Al's Toy Barn) and the Chicago one is supose to go in the alley to the right of the Honey I Shrunk Playground when you're on the New York street.

Have they destroyed the Hunchback Theater or is it still there? I've been hoping they'd put a new show in there somday.

Originally posted by PKK/MJK
Have they destroyed the Hunchback Theater or is it still there? I've been hoping they'd put a new show in there somday.

I think it's still there, but behind the new San Fransisco skrim.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter