It may be easiest for the child, but in my experience, it is not easy on the other passengers when the pilot is a small child. When we see that we will have children as our pilots, we quickly ask the CM if we can stay back or switch with two in another group. The back and neck pain are not worth it!
I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but this is what makes MFSR stressful for me - my daughter loves being a pilot (and gets picked for it more than you’d expect), but I have heard others complain about kid pilots.

Honestly, I’ve ridden with some pretty bad adult pilots (I’m not very good myself; I don’t play video games and I have terrible reflexes), so I know it’s kind of a crapshoot no matter what, but I hate feeling like we’re ruining someone’s experience... I just try to avoid taking her on MFSR now.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread, but this is what makes MFSR stressful for me - my daughter loves being a pilot (and gets picked for it more than you’d expect), but I have heard others complain about kid pilots.

Honestly, I’ve ridden with some pretty bad adult pilots (I’m not very good myself; I don’t play video games and I have terrible reflexes), so I know it’s kind of a crapshoot no matter what, but I hate feeling like we’re ruining someone’s experience... I just try to avoid taking her on MFSR now.
I think the problem is compounded by a child who is too "young" (and this can mean age or maturity/ability) combined with a parent who takes photos of the child the whole time instead of piloting the ride or aggravates the child by yelling or being "too" enthusiastic. Some kids do very well, but it totally depends on the kid. And when we've been following certain families/kids in line for a while, it can become more clear which ones might present a problem as pilots.

Last edited:
I think the problem is compounded by a child who is too "young" (and this can mean age or maturity/ability) combined with a parent who takes photos of the child the whole time instead of piloting the ride or aggravates the child by yelling or being "too" enthusiastic. Some kids do very well, but it totally depends on the kid. And when we've been following certain families/kids in line for a while, it can become more clear which ones might present a problem as pilots.

I'm sure any kid would be better than me lol. I don't play video games, can't stand them and never could.

Maybe I’m just oblivious but I didn’t think people made that big of a deal about kids being the pilot. I crashed the most when there were two older men flying it, than when kids were pilots lol. But I guess it can depend on many factors like @theluckyrabbit said

Gunners are in the middle. The order from front to back: pilots, gunners, engineers. And CMs will ask that one of you sit next to or behind him for safety (within arm's reach, just in case).

A good position for this is adult as the Engineer, child as the Gunner. Engineer can easily reach over and help the gunner and can assist with adult duties as needed.

A good position for this is adult as the Engineer, child as the Gunner. Engineer can easily reach over and help the gunner and can assist with adult duties as needed.
Thank you!! I will aim to be engineer with The Boy as gunner. Hopefully DH can either be the other engineer or a pilot.

I was able to schedule Savi's for lightsabers at 9:10 p.m. on a Thursday night, 2 weeks from now. I also have an Oga's Cantina res for 9:45. Is that too close, or will we be okay?

I asked a similar question in the SWGE superthread. In short, you should be fine.

I had a reservation for Savi at 1 and Oga at 1:40 last week. I couldnt even line up for Savi until 1-2min before my reservation time (I went 10 min before, they said come back 1 min before).
At your reservation time, you pay for your saber, and then enter a 'holding area' where you wait to be let in. We were there for about 10-15 minutes.
The experience itself took 15 minutes roughly, maybe a little longer so the cast members could help people that were having issues.

All in all I got out around 1:30. So 30 minutes after reservation time. I don't expect there to be any major delay by the time your reservation for Savi's is.

Oga's cantina will have a line, and you aren't supposed to get into the line until your reservation time occurs. They wont give up your reservation by not being there on time. While waiting in line for Oga a batuu resident will check to see if you have a reservation and if you're supposed to be in the line already. I would say even being 15 minutes late you'll be fine, wouldnt be surprised if it was even 30.

Droid Depot
how far in advance can we book? I am having a heck of a time!

Right now for Droid Depot I dont think it has reservations, but they said they plan to introduce it. If they do, it'll probably depend if Savi/Oga have already increased to 60 days or not. Itll probably match the other two, which is currently 14 days.

Though if my trip last week during the weekday was any indication, you should be able to walk in for the Driod Depot.

Look for a party of 6 with 3 pretty young women (DDs), a tall dark and handsome guy (DSIL) and a nerdy couple in their mid-fifties who look like they've been run ragged all day! :rotfl:
View attachment 430925

What a beautiful family!!!

I’ll be sure to yell at you across the room if I see you! (Just kidding...I’m actually very quiet and shy).

I’m excited some fellow DISers will be there having an amazing time too! Can’t wait!!

Right now for Droid Depot I dont think it has reservations, but they said they plan to introduce it. If they do, it'll probably depend if Savi/Oga have already increased to 60 days or not. Itll probably match the other two, which is currently 14 days.

Though if my trip last week during the weekday was any indication, you should be able to walk in for the Driod Depot.

There are Droid Depot reservations right now, but they're not really needed. We had one last week, but showed up an hour early because we were done with some other stuff early and they let us in no problem. It wasn't nearly full.

In your opinion what would be a good time to make a Oga's reservation for? My husband and I are planning to spend most of the day in Disneyland on 9/13, except hoping over to CA for World of Color that evening. The only other reservation we have is a lunch at Blue Bayou at 12:45. Today is the day Oga reservations opened up for my date and I'm having trouble deciding on a good time to plan to be there. This will be our first time visiting SWGE. Thanks for your input!

In your opinion what would be a good time to make a Oga's reservation for? My husband and I are planning to spend most of the day in Disneyland on 9/13, except hoping over to CA for World of Color that evening. The only other reservation we have is a lunch at Blue Bayou at 12:45. Today is the day Oga reservations opened up for my date and I'm having trouble deciding on a good time to plan to be there. This will be our first time visiting SWGE. Thanks for your input!
I'd probably aim for late afternoon/early evening so you have plenty of time after lunch to do other stuff (and try to avoid the hot sun if the line is still not shaded). Maybe somewhere around 5 or 6 pm? It only takes about an hour, so you should be out with plenty of time to make it to WoC at 10:00 pm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter