New Things to Experience/Do?

tmli

Wants to be known as tmlh....
In September we will be taking our fifth trip to the World in as many years. Everyone asks me if I ever get bored and are shocked to know that there are still so many things I have yet to see or do. How many of you have been several times and still have so many new things left to do? I think part of it is travelling without my dh...being alone with my ds changes the things we can do so as he grows we get to do new things.

These are some of things I have planned for this next trip that are new for me:

MNSSHP, Character Breakfast at Chef Mickeys(never done either), Hoop Dee Du, bought some meal vouchers (Q&C and VKL) so I plan on trying foods other than counter service. I hope to ride Test Track and I have never been to the Living Seas.

What's on your new to do list for your next trip?

This might be an unrelated Vent but.....

People look at me with funny faces when I say I go every year but if you think about it - what are other vacation choices. Here is how I look at it.

Beach Go'ers - Might go to different beaches - but they lay on the beach all day - on sand in front of water - SAME THING NO MATTER WHAT STATE!

Sight See'rs - How many museums and churches can you see?

Cruise go'ers - Once you have seen one ship you have seen them all!!!!

So is going to Disney all that much different! Actually you can enjoy all of the above with Disney

Beach - certain resorts

Sights - WORLD SHOWCASE and all the parks!

Cruise - There is a Disney Cruise but you can always try renting a paddle boat:earsboy: Boat on water - same effect - just no golf course!!!!

That was just a vent - I dont like people who say "YOUR GOING TO DISNEY AGAIN!" YES I AM BUDDY!

ON to your question - what do I do that is new - enjoy myself even more than I did the previous year!!! Cant beat that!

New Things for us this year:

Rehitchin at the garden Grille. (we've never eaten there before either we usually eat round the world)

Fantasmic dinner packeage (usually just have counter service at MGM)

Visit to Beaches and Cream.

IllumiNations Cruise (YEAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!)

Wooohooo can't wait!!!

Love Verity.xxx

New things for us this trip!

Animal Kingdom (yeah - it has been awhile - AK existed last time but it was just a quickie MK 2 day trip with a toddler)

Staying at Fort Wilderness

Hoop de du revue

Traveling with my parents AND my kids...oh DH too.

There are oh so many restaurants I have yet to eat in. On my upcoming trip I am going to eat at the Liberty Tree Tavern for the first time. I am going to try and finally see Tarzan Rocks at AK. Stitch's escape should be open, so I'll try that. I may also do the Backstage Magic Tour, another first.

New things we're going to do:

MNSSHP (I can't wait!!!)

Keys to the Kingdom tour

Cirque de Soliel

Blizzard Beach

Hopefully Stitch's Escape

Whatever else I can!!!!!!!!! There is ALWAYS something new to do.

Nickunited - I totally agree with you. My answer to that when people ask me the same question is "Where else on earth can you go and totally leave the outside world behind and live in a fantasy world for a complete week??!!" I wouldn't go anywhere else. People pay a lot more money on their vacations for a lot less entertainment and fun.

New things we're going to do:

MNSSHP (I can't wait!!!)

Keys to the Kingdom tour

Cirque de Soliel

Blizzard Beach

Hopefully Stitch's Escape

Whatever else I can!!!!!!!!! There is ALWAYS something new to do.

Nickunited - I totally agree with you. My answer to that when people ask me the same question is "Where else on earth can you go and totally leave the outside world behind and live in a fantasy world for a complete week??!!" I wouldn't go anywhere else. People pay a lot more money on their vacations for a lot less entertainment and fun.

Last May was my 18th trip. What did I do new? Saw American Adventure film for the first time (can't believe I never saw it before!), first Kitchen Sink, first character dinner at LTT, first time on Kali River Rapids, first time at Gurgling Suicase, first time taking DH on Illuminations Cruise (I've been before, he hasn't). #19 in January-have several "firsts" planned-first Mini-Golf, first time at ITTBAB (planned to do it this time, but too wet from KRR), first time at Sci-Fi, not sure what else yet. Oh, yes-first stay at SSR, but that's so new, it doesn't count since I never could do it before.

This December will be our 7th trip as a family. Some of the things on our list to do for the first time are:

MVMCP - very excited!!! :bounce: :bounce:
Illuminations Cruise (If we can get it.)
Candelight Processional
Osborne Lights
Renting Watermice
Eating the "kitchen sink" at Beaches and Cream
Spending more time at AK (We totally skipped it on our last trip and when we went in 2002, the only things we saw were the Lion King show, the safari ride and "It's tough to be a bug".)

Can't wait!!!:goodvibes

WOW!! There really is a lot I haven't done yet. Reading all your posts I'm thinking I may have to add a few things to my list.

There really isn't a better vacation for my ds and I. It is a perfect fit for our needs, and as you all have proofed each trip is like a different vacation.

For those who are doing the Illuminations Cruise for the first time, it is amazing! I have never seen illuminations any other way then from a cruise...we are doing our third this year!!!

We're doing the Backstage Magic Tour this year. We've been waiting for DS to turn 16. It's a little expensive ($199) but I hear it's worth it.

There are things I've planned for my next trip that I've never done before:

- Cape May Cafe at Beach Club
- Carriage Ride at Port Orleans Riverside
- Different Counter Service lunch at MK (haven't had one in 10 years!)
- Anything else I can :p

My DH and I will be at WDW for a week in August for our 20th anniversary. It will be just the 2 of us and this is my 12th trip. We've decided to try the following things we've never done before.

House of Blues Gospel Brunch (The WDW for Couples gave this a great review so I'm really looking forward to it)

Keys to the Kingdom Tour

Polynesian Luau

Cathy K.

Just got back from my 3rd trip and here's my list of new things I did:
1. Splash Mountain! loved it!
2. Hoop De Do Revue--loved that too!
3. Character breakfast at Chef Mickey's--loved it!
4. Mickey's Philamagic--awesome!
5. Spectromagic parade--fantastic
6. Wishes--beautiful
7. half solo trip--liked that too!

And on my next trip I want to:
1. go on BTMRR
2. go to Boardwalk
and on and on and on.....

There are soooo many things to do at DisneyWorld that I don't know if you can really get to everything unless you live there and visit at least weekly for several years! :)

I totally agree about some people just not getting it - they most likely are the ones that only go at Spring Break or Summer and only visit a couple of the parks (can't believe the people I have talked to that have stayed at least a week but didn't even visit all of the parks) and never want to go back because of the heat or the crowds, etc.

This trip we are only going to be at the World from Fri-Mon before heading to DVBR (a first itself), but we are going to do sooo many firsts! We will be going to HDDR, spending a birthday in the World, taking kids to see COP and Tiki birds (they have never seen either!), seeing the flag retreat at MK, watching the EWP, parasailing, Cirque, Bob Jackson, renting watermice, eating at the character dinner at LTT, eating breakfast at Boma, eating at Ohana, eating breakfast at Chef Mickey's (yes, a lot of our new items are food related this time!).

Three things we're already planning for our next trip:

Backstage Magic Tour
Segway Tour
Disney Quest

We're staying at BCV for the first time. We plan on visiting BW at night, eat at Nine Dragons, take time to go in Stormalong Bay during the day, and try to relax more!

We are going to WDW in Sept - it will be my 10th trip & my hubby & my 5th trip together! :teeth: We have a huge list of new things we're trying this trip:

- Staying at POP Century!
- Eating in the Castle! (Cinderella Breakfast)
- Breakfast at Boma
- Character Breakfast at Cape May Cafe
- Beaches & Cream
- Dinner at Mama Melrose's
- See Wishes
- Some new drinks & snacks around the "World" at Epcot
- Lunch at Columbia Harbor House
- Ride Mission: Space
- See Mickey's Philharmagic
- See the Lion King show at AK
- See Flights of Wonder at AK

We always seem to find new things to try every trip - we love trying new resorts & new restaurants. We really love our trips together to Disney & can't imagine going anywhere else - we do have many friends/family members that don't seem to understand us either! :rolleyes: Oh well! :teeth:

I just got back and did several new things this time around:

-Keys to the Kingdom
-new resort (POFQ)
-many, many new restaurants
-E-Ride Night
-went to Animal Kingdom
-took a drive off-property to Sea World

...and we'll do many more new thing on our next trip (whenever that may be).

Been their at least 20 times (lived in Daytona Beach for 15 years before moving north in 2000) and have lots of new things planned:

Camping at FW (RV)
Mickey's Backyard BBQ
MNSSHP
Illuminations or Wishes Cruise (crossing fingers)
Cinderella's for Breakfast (crossing fingers)
Princess Breackfast in Norway
Ice Cream Social in the Land
DH golfing at Eagle Pines
Fantasmic (and Fatasmic Dinner package)
Lilo & Stich
Mission Space
Test Track
Wishes
Pin trading for the kids
Autograph collecting for the kids
Campfire program/movie at fw
Pony rides and petting zoo fw
Wagon ride at fw
etc., etc., etc. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter