New ticket system coming to WDW - Begins October 16th

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if I'm understanding the video correctly, you pick type of ticket, then number of days, then the dates you'll be there. So I'm assuming since you're picking the number of days before the dates the daily price will still be lower as the number of park days goes up. Also do you really think the day of the week it starts is going to change the ticket price? I was thinking it would be the time of year, like the DVC point charts are broken out that would determine ticket prices.

Adventure Season
Jan 1-31, Sep 1-30, Dec 1-14

Choice Season
Oct 1—Nov 26, Nov 30, Dec 15—23

Dream Season
Feb 1—15, May 1—Jun 10, Aug 16—31

Magic Season
Feb 16—Apr 13, Apr 28—30, Jun 11—Aug 15, Nov 27-29

Premier Season
Apr 14-April 77, Dec 24—31

But why should people pay for something that they can get now for free?
Because that's the way Disney works..... they have turned greedy!
Hoppers used to be "free", then they started "upcharging" them
Tickets never used to expire.... then they charged for that! and now you don't even have that option.
Parking at the resorts used to be free..... now they charge for that!

It's sad... but until people say "enough!" they will keep finding ways to make you start paying for what "used to be free"!

Do you still get a "discount" when you go for 5+ days? I see a price for each date. Will it even out at check out or are we stuck paying $100 for each day if that's the cost for each day of our one week trip?
From what I just read, the more days you go the prices go down? Sounds like it's the same as now. The longer you stay the less you pay. Looks like they're trying to get people to come during the lower/value season.

Is the price based on your first "tap" at a park entrance (like APs), or is it based 100% on the date you select when purchasing your ticket?
At purchase. How would charging when you enter even work? You have to leave a credit card on file to even buy a ticket? Of course they aren't doing that. They can't.

An APs price is not based on when you first tap in at a park.

Is there a link to see the pricing for 2019 and the new seasonal breakdown?
No not at this time

Surprised that they're selling Military Salute tickets next year at the flat rate (with a minor increase). 2020 could be a different story though. I agree that planning for Disney is becoming more of a pain each year. Still worried that this will increase crowds during low period times like September though.

Also do you really think the day of the week it starts is going to change the ticket price?

Yes, I do expect pricing will vary based on the day of the week, not just seasonal. If you look closely at the calendar in the video, or my screenshot below, it does show different price points based on day of the week.
upload_2018-9-28_12-41-5-png.354626

Enjoy your vacation!

Yes, I do expect pricing will vary based on the day of the week, not just seasonal. If you look closely at the calendar in the video, or my screenshot below, it does show different price points based on day of the week.
Enjoy your vacation!

Oh yeah...I see that now. Huh, no kidding. It looks like its a $2-$3 disparity between days. Not sure that would weigh very heavily into my "start date" decision. But I also see when you get to Thanksgiving week it goes up about $13. So yeah, it looks like they have the months/days carved up very specifically. Oh well ...like someone else said earlier in the thread, I'll just put on my rose colored glasses and keep moving forward.

At purchase. How would charging when you enter even work? You have to leave a credit card on file to even buy a ticket? Of course they aren't doing that. They can't.

An APs price is not based on when you first tap in at a park.

You misunderstood my question (my question was poorly worded). I was asking how the "start day" of your ticket would be determined. In today's terms, if you try to use a value ticket during peak season, you have to return to the ticket window and upgrade your ticket to a peak season ticket. Under the new system, I was wondering if it would be the same. Let's say you plan to use your ticket for the first time on October 24 (price $X) but do not actually enter until October 25 (price higher than $X). I was wondering if the system would pop up that you do not have a valid ticket and then the guest would have to go to a ticket window and pay the difference before being admitted. Based on the video, that is not how it works. You are buying a ticket for a specific, predefined date range, and as long as your entitlements are used during that window, you are good to go!

The start date, not the cost, of an AP is determined the very first time you tap into a park after activation. This determines your renewal date going forward.

Last edited:
1. There is no need to "use at least one day" of a ticket in order to upgrade (add the Hopper or otherwise) under the present ticket system. That doesn't affect the ability to upgrade (or the cost) at all.

2. If you do want to upgrade an "older" ticket after an interim price increase, you ARE (even currently) required to pay the difference in the cost between the "older" ticket and the "newer" ticket on the date of the upgrade. That's true now, and likely will be the case with the upcoming ticket change.

Now I'm confused. I thought I read on Mousesavers and I was told, in chat with a UT person, to enter a park once before we take our 8 day PH tickets to get them upgraded to our AP because once we enter a park they will be more valuable? I know we can do this on MDE but I have control of mine and my DD (6) tickets on MDE and I don't want to confuse things.

Unless we REALLY take advantage of the AP discounts AND they release an AP room only discount, the difference between AP and UT tickets for 2 trips is not that much until they raise prices. I am not really worried about our January 2019 trip, I'm more worried about December 2019 trip. I know it sounds crazy since we're booking 2 trips next year, but I have them budgeted down to the T.

Let's say you plan to use your ticket for the first time on October 24 (price $X) but do not actually enter until October 25 (price higher than $X).
A multi-day ticket will have a valid time span. You’ll have to use your multi-day ticket anytime within its valid period.

If you don’t use all ticket entitlements within that span, your ticket expires.

Just think of it as a ticket has a window of opportunity where you can enter parks.

Let's say you plan to use your ticket for the first time on October 24 (price $X) but do not actually enter until October 25 (price higher than $X). I was wondering if the system would pop up that you do not have a valid ticket and then the guest would have to go to a ticket window and pay the difference before being admitted.

Unless it’s a 1-day ticket, it would still be valid. As I understand, tickets will have a “use window” that is 2-4 days longer than the number of park entry days. So entering a day later simply burns one of those “downtime” or non-park days. This is actually what people are referring to when discussing shopping for the cheapest start-date in your range. I suspect if someone finds they need to extend their ticket beyond the original “use window” they would have to pay the upgrade to “flexible” tickets.

Enjoy your vacation!

Now I'm confused. I thought I read on Mousesavers and I was told, in chat with a UT person, to enter a park once before we take our 8 day PH tickets to get them upgraded to our AP because once we enter a park they will be more valuable? I know we can do this on MDE but I have control of mine and my DD (6) tickets on MDE and I don't want to confuse things.
Common misconception. It is not necessary to use a ticket before you upgrade. Both UT and Mousesavers should update their info but for whatever reason thru haven't. No harm if you do, just don't have to.

By "this December's stay" do you mean Dec. of 2017 or Dec. of 2018?
--------------------
If you mean Dec. of 2018:
Are these tickets part of a Resort Package (room and tickets) and are they currently seen in your MDX account?

Or, are these tickets ones that you have ordered from Disney and are they currently seen in your MDX account?

If the answer is yes to either of the above, then you will be able to use the tickets in 2019 on any date.
--------------------

If you mean Dec. of 2017:
Your tickets MIGHT have an "expiration date" sometime during 2019.
I have a package that starts in DEcember 2018, complete with tickets. Two people may not use their tix, and if not I would like to use them for another trip in 2019.

I have a package that starts in DEcember 2018, complete with tickets. Two people may not use their tix, and if not I would like to use them for another trip in 2019.

That should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter