New to DL - Marriott Anaheim or DLH??

schellgirl

Earning My Ears
I live in Chicago so I am a pro at Disney World, but new to DL. I am going with just my three year old daughter (DH is staying home with 7 & 9 yr olds). We are leaving Thursday, May 5th and staying at the Hyatt Huntington Beach Thurs night and trying to decide bw DLH and Marriott Anaheim. DLH is $270 and Marriott is $169 (including parking and breakfast). Not sure what to do - how far is Marriott? Is it worth the extra for DLH? HELP!!!

I would spend the extra to stay at the DLH, if you can still get it. The convenience of being able to hop onto the monorail with a 3-year-old is the deal-breaker for me. I've never stayed at the Marriott, so can't really compare. I don't know what their transportation to and from the parks is like.

I haven't been to DL yet, but here's a map of hotel locations:

http://www.accommodationsneardisney.com/default.asp

On the map Marriott in South of Disneyland Resort, on Convention Way. It looks like it's definitely too far to walk.

Disers seem to highly recommend the Candy Cane Inn. It also has free parking and breakfast, is walking distance, and has its own free shuttle. It is a motel though. It goes for around $100/night -- cheaper if you have AAA.

My feeling is you either pay major $$$ to stay at Disney hotels, or you chose a cheaper alternative in walking distance. A lot of the hoels/motels on Harbour are actually closer to the park's entrance than DLH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter