New to Jedi Training

kristidiaz1

Mouseketeer
This will be our 1st time doing Jedi Training for my son..a couple quick questions.

We have an 8am H&V res that day, did I read we can sign up as we enter the park for the ADR? Or is the advantage we finish eating and run over to sign up? We made the breakfast for younger son, so any benefit is a bonus anyway.

Also, is there a way to ask/guarantee to battle Darth Vader? My son's not the most outgoing and was on the fence about trying it, but if he knew he was battling Vader he would be in for sure. If not, I dont t know if I can convince him. I know for sure he would love it, but he's hard to get to try new things sometimes.
Thanks!!

This will be our 1st time doing Jedi Training for my son..a couple quick questions.

We have an 8am H&V res that day, did I read we can sign up as we enter the park for the ADR? Or is the advantage we finish eating and run over to sign up? We made the breakfast for younger son, so any benefit is a bonus anyway.

Also, is there a way to ask/guarantee to battle Darth Vader? My son's not the most outgoing and was on the fence about trying it, but if he knew he was battling Vader he would be in for sure. If not, I dont t know if I can convince him. I know for sure he would love it, but he's hard to get to try new things sometimes.
Thanks!!
Here’s a current Tips thread from Friday:
Tips for Jedi Training Academy

Jedi Training is awesome! We will always remember doing it and have amazing pictures. We did it in October and the kids had a blast. My understanding is that since Toy Story Land opened the Jedi Training sign ups are easier to come by so a PPO ADR is a lot less necessary. However if you are excited about the breakfast you have great position to pick whatever timeframe you want.

I don’t believe there is a way to guarantee you will get Vader (you can’t explicitly request) but if he is there he will be on the upper level. (Someone else “battles” on the lower level). There is a thread on the Dis (or maybe on another site somewhere) that explains how the kids line up and how to try to position your kid so he gets the top level. Sorry I don’t have more exact information but I will try to look if I get a minute.

ETA: of course @hiroMYhero posted that while I was still writing lol. Way better information than I can give you.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter